• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2owner

I've been playing around with DRIs, and I have to say they're pretty cool.
Also, I want to request a type C RHW-4 wide ramp, if you know what I mean. Would come in handy, Instead of trying to squeeze in an MIS S curve in between a C ramp and on slope MIS transition. Also, would It be possible to make a keyboard shortcut for RealHighWay?
Thanks!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: ps2owner on July 26, 2011, 06:53:55 PM
Also, I want to request a type C RHW-4 wide ramp, if you know what I mean. Would come in handy, Instead of trying to squeeze in an mis s curve inbetween a C ramp and on slope mis transition.

I know what you mean... They would likely be included, but probably AFTER RHW 5.0.

The other alternative is to use F-Ramps and FAMIS curves, but only if you have enough space to do so.

Keyboard shortcuts? As nifty as it sounds, I have seen no attempt to add additional shortcuts to SC4. It might be one of those things that can't be done without the source code...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jdenm8

Actually, it's pretty easy to add more keyboard shortcuts to SC4, the problem is finding the commands that the game will recognise.

Chances are there's a DirtRoad one though.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Rady

Quote from: Exla357 on July 25, 2011, 07:33:48 PM
In fact, I propose that the community here at SC4D honor a new holiday, NAM Day  &hlp

I strongly support that idea.  &apls

Any ideas how I can convince my boss that NAM Day is a reason for an additional day off?  ???
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Blue Lightning

Quote from: jdenm8 on July 26, 2011, 08:49:09 PM
Actually, it's pretty easy to add more keyboard shortcuts to SC4, the problem is finding the commands that the game will recognise.

Chances are there's a DirtRoad one though.

I've played around with it, trying to guess the DirtRoad, GroundHighway, and Monorail shortcuts. No dice.
But also, Meister1234 found a bunch of the GUIDs for keyboard shortcuts, half of which cause crashes. One of them causes fireworks to go off (on command). I'd give you more info but ST's in maintenance mode right now.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Blue Lightning on July 27, 2011, 05:25:05 AM
I'd give you more info but ST's in maintenance mode right now.

I can still go onto ST; It isn't in maintenance mode in California, it appears...

One key bit of information I found while combing the ST forums: All keyboard shortcuts are under the KEYCFG files in the first Simcity DAT file. Wanna start a separate discussion on this?
<INACTIVE>
-----

jdenm8

What was that console command that forced SC4 to drag a network from A to B and do we know the DirtRoad key for it?

If they followed best practice then it's probably be the same argument to go into that command as the hotkeys.

EDIT: I find it strange that Ground Highway and Monorail weren't give hotkeys... Considering ElRail (Called "Light Rail" in the KEYCFG files) has a pair... one for the network and the other for the station.

EDIT2: Damn... they used IIDs... I'll see if I can seek out these button exemplars...

ps2owner

Thanks for looking in to this, guys.
Separate discussion? Hmm.
I've found it annoying how Ground Maxis highway doesn't have a keyboard shortcut. That is, when I used MHW. In fact, The first time I played the game It was with the NAM and possibly the RHW.

Wiimeiser

Accrding to this, it seems that Monorail and Ground Highway were the last networks added to the game. It seems that the GHW was added at virtually the last minute; is there a way to confirm this?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Honestly, I really don't know on that regard, though the IID scheme of the Individual Network RULs does give that impression.

-Alex

Thomas Diamond

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on July 25, 2011, 05:51:30 PM
Quote from: kings_niners on July 25, 2011, 05:30:18 PM
DDRHW-8? Have we already forgotten Loma Prieta? :D Great work on the development Nam Team!!!

You HAD to bring that up... For those who know your California history, there was a segment of double-decker bridge that collapsed during that quake.

The question is, how are you gonna reconstruct THAT in SC4? You can't build two bridges side-by-side... At least, you can't do it the conventional way... ::)

And to answer your question, I clearly haven't. :P
Here is a made for T.V. movie based off that disaster,it's called Miracle on interstate 880

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DENplbzot_0 The freeway that collapsed was an eight lane Double Decker section of Interstate 880
in Oakland called The Cyprus viaduct.
             The Structure used for filming is actually the embracadaro freeway. the embracadaro  Freeway was under demolition at the time, spite the fact that there is a photo of an A380 flying above the embracadaro freeway in an issue of National Geographic magazine. One blooper in this movie is that the section of I-880 that replaced the Cyprus Viaduct appears in the opening.
Almost all of the characters from the film were real people. Including the surgeon, Frank and the three surviving victims and their families.
I do not own this movie nor did I post it on Youtube.

ps2owner

So I'd like to request this. There is a dragable ground level version, but no elevated version. Thanks!

Wiimeiser

That's kind of what I was going for with the EMIs to ERWH4 transition, only with one MIS and one OWR
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Quote from: ps2owner on July 28, 2011, 05:56:46 PM
So I'd like to request this. There is a dragable ground level version, but no elevated version. Thanks!

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for here.  An Avenue ending at an MIS?  There really isn't much logic to that (where would the traffic on the other lane of the Avenue go?), and there isn't a ground version of it.

-Alex

jondor

Quote from: Tarkus on July 28, 2011, 11:34:25 PM
Quote from: ps2owner on July 28, 2011, 05:56:46 PM

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for here.  An Avenue ending at an MIS?  There really isn't much logic to that (where would the traffic on the other lane of the Avenue go?), and there isn't a ground version of it.

-Alex

I've seen a setup like that once or twice, but only when the Avenue was planned to be extended in the future.  Otherwise you'd usually see a full trumpet or t-bone or a diamond hybrid of either of those.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

jdenm8

With most instances I've seen, the overpass is completed in its entirety if it's meant to go straight ahead. It's usually cheaper and easier for the managing authority to get the whole thing done at once, as well as encouraging growth along the new road, or extending a service road of sorts to some kind ot cut-off existing road, as it's cheaper to extend a road off the end of a little or unused section of road than to coupe into an aging existing structure.

Korot

Regardless, I think the requested piece would still be quite useful. I don't want to build a trumpet every time an avenue ends on a RHW, for example: if I want a compact build. But even if this won't be made, a road version would be enjoyed a lot as well, for the same reason mentioned above. Likewise, I would like it if the current '+' EL-MIS/Road would have some way of telling which way the MIS is facing, in the euro texture pack that is.

Regards,
Korot

jacksunny

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jacksunny on July 29, 2011, 06:27:28 AM
Yes, that would be useful!!!

Yeah, but I agree with Alex; It doesn't make sense...

Two lanes going to one lane and one lane going to two lanes...? Bottleneck... Bleh... ()sick()
<INACTIVE>
-----

sepen77

Doesnt make much sense...
I drew this handdrawing of an avenue ending at an mis, but what happens is that the outer 2 lanes on the avenue slip into the 1st MIS and only a 2lane road makes it to the other side of the highway where it then gets split into the MIS. I belive a road one would be beneficial, but dont we have a road one already?
~ Sepen77