• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Original

SO CLOSE!!!!  :thumbsup:

Is it too early to request this piece? :b

ps; this FARHW to Diag to vice versa is realistic! I highly recommend keeping the curves like this rather than a compact version of let's just say... 3 puzzle pieces. :)

, Kohtem

MandelSoft

^^ I wanted this so badly too during testing stages...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

JamesSanner

Quote from: Original on September 16, 2011, 11:15:59 AM

ps; this FARHW to Diag to vice versa is realistic! I highly recommend keeping the curves like this rather than a compact version of let's just say... 3 puzzle pieces. :)

, Kohtem

Seconded. I figured out a workaround, but it's very space-consuming and difficult.

ivo_su

I have a  quick question - Version 5.0 supports a feature T'21  towers lamps made ​​from Xyloxadoria. They do not appear on my network of C-type.

vinlabsc3k

&bis& Allelujaaaaa!!! &bis&
&dance &dance  &dance &dance  &dance &dance

To all Mac user: OS X Lion doesn't support PowerPC Apps, so SimCity 4 doesn't run!!
There's a patch, but it's an open build and it's full of bugs.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

io_bg

Hi guys, I've been wondering how does one put the overplop exit piece over a wide-A ramp? ::)

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

TEG24601

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on September 16, 2011, 12:20:16 PM
To all Mac user: OS X Lion doesn't support PowerPC Apps, so SimCity 4 doesn't run!!
There's a patch, but it's an open build and it's full of bugs.

Incorrect, SC4 on Intel works great.  The only real glitch is the traffic queries, due to the change in endianness, but everything else works well, with a little work.

As for RHW - I'm loving the new graphics, however, I did notice that on one of my 90° MIS routes, the grass lots I plop in the corner go over the MIS, instead of under, like they used to.

TEG

sim_link

Thanks for the hard work you all put into this, it is simply amazing! There is just so much that's new... it's pure awesomeness.

The AVE-MIS ramps were a nice surprise! Again, great work!  :thumbsup:

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: TEG24601 on September 16, 2011, 12:32:09 PM

Incorrect, SC4 on Intel works great.  The only real glitch is the traffic queries, due to the change in endianness, but everything else works well, with a little work.

As for RHW - I'm loving the new graphics, however, I did notice that on one of my 90° MIS routes, the grass lots I plop in the corner go over the MIS, instead of under, like they used to.

TEG

@TEG:You are wrong, on previous OS X there's an emulator called Rosetta that "translate" the apps' code from PowerPC to Intel, now is abolished on OS X Lion.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Architect_1077

Great work guys! You definitely have a lot of patience, and we're all glad you do!  ;D

Ramona Brie

Quote from: io_bg on September 16, 2011, 12:29:13 PM
Hi guys, I've been wondering how does one put the overplop exit piece over a wide-A ramp? ::)

It might be wanting a DRI there, not a plopped piece.

mariuszd

I've got problems with these squares. Do you know how to fix that?

Original

Quote from: JamesSanner on September 16, 2011, 11:54:40 AM
Quote from: Original on September 16, 2011, 11:15:59 AM

, Kohtem

Seconded. I figured out a workaround, but it's very space-consuming and difficult.

Photos? You could credit yourself to an amazing tutorial thousands will enjoy! :)

Opkl

First I would like to say nice job on the new NAM.  However, what happen to the concrete textures? 

blueeyesman

I downloaded the new RHW but  i cant find the flexSPUI's   i checked every menu and its not there. Help

Opkl

Quote from: blueeyesman on September 16, 2011, 02:40:35 PM
I downloaded the new RHW but  i cant find the flexSPUI's   i checked every menu and its not there. Help

Its under the AVE over RHW piece menu.

ivo_su

Quote from: blueeyesman on September 16, 2011, 02:40:35 PM

Look in the menu boulevards, roads, etc. must be at bottom.  Use Home and End to find it.

Tarkus

Quote from: mariuszd on September 16, 2011, 02:24:14 PM

I've got problems with these squares. Do you know how to fix that?

You're the second person to report that, though I can't replicate the issue with a clean install--mine consistently show up fine without the RGBK tile.  There's likely something else in your plugins that is creating that problem, though I don't really know what at this point.  Also, out of curiosity: a) when did you build those curves (before or after installing Version 5.0)?, b) do you also have the NWM installed?

Quote from: TEG24601 on September 16, 2011, 12:32:09 PM

Thanks for the kind words on the V5-Spec textures!  As far as your 90° MIS curve issue, that's because they were switched over from being texture-based to an overhanging MORPH Curve model to smooth them out geometrically.  Raising the models would fix that, but then the curves would be disjointed from the rest of the MIS.  Really, a special overhanging lot built to occupy that footprint would be the only solution there.

Quote from: Opkl on September 16, 2011, 02:34:17 PM
However, what happen to the concrete textures? 

They're still being worked on.  I'm in the process of refining my batch texture processing scripts to ensure the best visual results with the least amount of hassle.  This will probably be what the final looks like:

There will probably be a small mod for concrete ERHW textures first.

-Alex

blueeyesman

Quote from: six9nc on September 16, 2011, 10:38:34 AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I checked the sections you guys told me  i still dont see this piece anywhere...its like the Download lost it

Tarkus

Quote from: blueeyesman on September 16, 2011, 03:07:44 PM
I checked the sections you guys told me  i still dont see this piece anywhere...its like the Download lost it

As I just mentioned in response to your PM, if it's not showing up, you've likely got an obsolete, conflicting controller file in your Plugins that is preventing most new RHW, NAM and NWM functionality from showing up in game.  The download can't lose the file that contains FlexSPUI (RealHighwayMod_Special.dat)--a corrupt download would leave the .zip archive completely unopenable.

Assuming you've installed NAM Version 30, there should be a little button with a NAM Logo on it at the bottom of your Highways menu.  Hovering over it will show you what controller build you are running at present.  If it does not read "Version: r132 (14 September 2011)", you will need to find and remove the conflicting controller in order for any new NAM/RHW/NWM functionality to function.

-Alex

Edit: mariuszd, I think I've figured out what happened in your case . . . the blank "anti-wealthing" texture used on the MORPH curves somehow fell out of the RHW (when you're massively manipulating, importing and modding tens of thousands of texture files, it's easy for one or two to slip out).  Either install the NWM (which does have it), or try the file attached below (stick it in your RHW folder).