• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Regarding this glitch that was posted about before IIRC, it seems that the SPUI Ramp piece is being overridden by absolutely everything, including the length of the RHW-4. I don't know if it can be fixed (easily).
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

MandelSoft

It can't be fixed easily; it would involve correcting some RUL1 and RUL2 code, which you can't release as a small dat package. For RUL-code changes, the entire Controller needs to be re-released for such an update (heck that's why the current Controller version has such an high number, r132).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

schradinator

I think this highway project is so exciting—I was looking forward to modeling complex interchanges like our own Malfunction Junction just to see if I could do it. 

Is there some known issue that keeps the new NAM from working with the Mac version of the game?  I have patched it to version 1.1 Rev A (latest available from Aspyr, the Mac distributor of the game)...and even tried to run the game with nothing in my plugins folder but the new NAM.  Is there some other patch that I need?

Thanks,
s.

TEG24601

Quote from: schradinator on September 24, 2011, 06:19:36 AM
Is there some known issue that keeps the new NAM from working with the Mac version of the game?  I have patched it to version 1.1 Rev A (latest available from Aspyr, the Mac distributor of the game)...and even tried to run the game with nothing in my plugins folder but the new NAM.  Is there some other patch that I need?

Thanks,
s.

There is no issue running the new NAM with SimCity4 - Deluxe.  However, if you are running Lion, you must install the Universal Binary patch, available from Asypr.com.

TEG

jdenm8

As for FlexSPUI, I encountered exactly the same issues when dragging RHW-4 INTO the FlexSPUI piece back when it was first included in whichever Alpha released it was in was released. The only solution I found was to omit the RHW-4 starter in one way or another OR drag RHW out of the FlexSPUI piece before placing the ramp interfaces.

Doing those two things seriously lowered the occurrence of this bug to practically nought.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

schradinator

Quote from: TEG24601 on September 24, 2011, 07:45:51 AM

There is no issue running the new NAM with SimCity4 - Deluxe.  However, if you are running Lion, you must install the Universal Binary patch, available from Asypr.com.

TEG

The 1.1 Rev A version was the Universal Binary patch.  I'm still running Snow Leopard, and not running SC4 under Rosetta.  I haven't been able to use the NAM since about the 2009 release....and since I have been short of time to play SC4, I haven't tried to find a solution. 

The game loads fine....only when I click on the transportation network menu it stops responding.  Cmd-Option-Esc throws me back to the desktop instead of brining up the Force Quit dialog box.  Since it does this even when the NAM is absolutely the only thing in my Plugins folder, it seems that there's something either in the NAM itself or in my installation of the game that just isn't working or communicating properly. 

Just hoping maybe someone has a suggestion out there.  I've spent a few hours trying to find a workaround myself since the latest NAM/RHW release, but I'd much rather spend my time playing the game than trying to fix the plugins.

danny11111

I have downloaded the new RWH, and its epic. I have only one thing to point out, the new higher level networks are not draggable, and there are no puzzle pieces for them (other than the transitions and the EDDRWH connector pieces)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: danny11111 on September 24, 2011, 12:21:09 PM
I have only one thing to point out, the new higher level networks are not draggable, and there are no puzzle pieces for them (other than the transitions and the EDDRWH connector pieces)

Currently, all L3-related items are only for interfacing with the DDRHW's highest level, not for creating any sort of true 3-level interchange. Any sort of functionality involving multi-level interchanges (EG, multi-level MIS) is predicted to be an RHW v6 feature; We're not even at 5.1 yet, and there's still a long way to go.

Besides, the LTEXTs for the L0 to L3 transitions say they're starterless, do they not? "$Deal"$
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Monorail Master

I absolutely love 5.0 now.

A little request: For the EL-RHW networks, can there be an EMIS - ERHW-4 transistion? It'll come in handy in several collector ramp situations for my ERHW networks.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Tarkus

Quote from: Monorail Master on September 24, 2011, 12:32:26 PM
I absolutely love 5.0 now.

A little request: For the EL-RHW networks, can there be an EMIS - ERHW-4 transistion? It'll come in handy in several collector ramp situations for my ERHW networks.

Elevated pieces to take a good bit longer to make (the barriers are the entire problem here), but the EMIS/ERHW-4 transition is among the highest priority new elevated pieces.

-Alex

ivo_su

Alex I want to tell you that you're very right that the biggest priority is elevated tracks for RHW. I say  I need elevated transitions ERHW-4 to ERHW-6. Also there should be support ERHW to NWM because they can not cross now. We need more ramps and  such high networks of course.

- Ivo

eggman111

Quote from: ivo_su on September 24, 2011, 02:29:08 PM
Alex I want to tell you that you're very right that the biggest priority is elevated tracks for RHW. I say  I need elevated transitions ERHW-4 to ERHW-6. Also there should be support ERHW to NWM because they can not cross now. We need more ramps and  such high networks of course.

- Ivo

ERHW can cross some NWM right now (the ones that I've tried, anyway), but it's not always stable. If you have the opposing RHW directions too close together, the middle part will revert to regular roads. ERHW-4 gives more stability than ERHW-6. I wonder if you could have the ERHW spaced 3 tiles apart, and plop a NWM starter piece in the middle to add stability to the NWM (at least for now).

Tarkus

Really, it's only the ERHW-4 and EMIS that can cross NWM networks, and their orthogonal crossing is pretty stable (and was beefed up this last go-around).  I've seen some folks claim that they can get NWM networks under ERHW-6S, but given that there's absolutely no code in place to support it in Controller r132, I don't buy that claim.

-Alex

jondor

Quote from: schradinator on September 24, 2011, 12:09:34 PM
Quote from: TEG24601 on September 24, 2011, 07:45:51 AM

TEG

The 1.1 Rev A version was the Universal Binary patch.  I'm still running Snow Leopard, and not running SC4 under Rosetta.  I haven't been able to use the NAM since about the 2009 release....and since I have been short of time to play SC4, I haven't tried to find a solution. 

The game loads fine....only when I click on the transportation network menu it stops responding.  Cmd-Option-Esc throws me back to the desktop instead of brining up the Force Quit dialog box.  Since it does this even when the NAM is absolutely the only thing in my Plugins folder, it seems that there's something either in the NAM itself or in my installation of the game that just isn't working or communicating properly. 

Just hoping maybe someone has a suggestion out there.  I've spent a few hours trying to find a workaround myself since the latest NAM/RHW release, but I'd much rather spend my time playing the game than trying to fix the plugins.

If I recall, someone mentioned that it has something to do with the high El-Rail and high monorail plugins.  Removing those allowed the game to function again.  Exactly what the problem is with those files, no one is sure yet.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

strucka

My flexSPUI doesn't work. I can't get the RHW-6S under it. Nor can I draw anything else underneath it just reverts to RHW-2. Is this a known issue, or is this just my problem?

schradinator

Quote from: jondor on September 24, 2011, 08:33:09 PM

If I recall, someone mentioned that it has something to do with the high El-Rail and high monorail plugins.  Removing those allowed the game to function again.  Exactly what the problem is with those files, no one is sure yet.

And that got me going!  Thank you so much.   :thumbsup:

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: eggman111 on September 24, 2011, 04:11:09 PM
ERHW can cross some NWM right now (the ones that I've tried, anyway), but it's not always stable.

Quote from: Tarkus on September 24, 2011, 05:10:37 PM
I've seen some folks claim that they can get NWM networks under ERHW-6S, but given that there's absolutely no code in place to support it in Controller r132, I don't buy that claim.

I can confirm that claim is bunk, even though it looks convincing. Watch:

The most likely case is with the L2 6S, because it's an overhang network and therefore covers up some things. See how it LOOKS like a stable crossing? However, if you rotate the camera view,...

The override is clearly broken. I just wanted to illustrate that there is no RUL coding for this in place.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

ivo_su

Bravo Ganaram, you proved  visually that which I spoke  before. It really is a great weakness of the NAM at the moment but I'm sure it will soon be corrected. However, it should  appear NAM 31 in the not too distant future to be able to release the departments of RAM, HSR  and FLUPs.
Yet Ganaram I congratulate you for your prompt and adequate position.

- Ivo

the7train

Is something like this possible? Any way I can make it work

jdenm8

It'd be the adjacencies. ERHW-6S and ERHW-6C have only just been introduced, they're not going to be anywhere near as stable as ERHW-4 in their first version.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley