• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 03, 2013, 07:36:28 PM
is RHW 5.0 backward compatible with NAM 31?

No. Can't mix and match different versions of the NAM and its plugins, and the Monolithic NAM is supposed to keep it from happening.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Quote from: the7train on March 03, 2013, 07:30:28 PM
Is that true that only 2 networks can cross over one given tile? In the RHW User Manual section 7.7.4. shows 3 level overpasses.  I've been trying to get them to work but they really won't as you can see in the screenshot below. Are these types of interchanges possible?  Great work NAM team!

That was why the RHW Users Guide was not supposed to be included.  That functionality is not available.

-Alex

Durfsurn

Not strictly RHW talk but why is there 7.5m viaducts without ramps? Am i missing something here or was this not supposed to be included?

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Durfsurn on March 03, 2013, 09:13:19 PM
Not strictly RHW talk but why is there 7.5m viaducts without ramps? Am i missing something here or was this not supposed to be included?

What is currently available is not complete, but it is functional. I had RL issues when doing the viaducts so I couldn't finish them in time. They will be included in the next NAM release. Use the on-slope transitions for now.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

the7train

Quote from: Tarkus on March 03, 2013, 08:14:15 PM
Quote from: the7train on March 03, 2013, 07:30:28 PM
Is that true that only 2 networks can cross over one given tile? In the RHW User Manual section 7.7.4. shows 3 level overpasses.  I've been trying to get them to work but they really won't as you can see in the screenshot below. Are these types of interchanges possible?  Great work NAM team!

That was why the RHW Users Guide was not supposed to be included.  That functionality is not available.

-Alex

Thanks Alex! Didn't realize it wasn't meant to be included

pierrebaptiste

Hello

With new RHW i don't arrive to find this  ()what() :

May be it's for an other moment with an other patch ?

Shadow Assassin

They'll be coming in NAM 32. We simply didn't have the time to implement them properly.
New Horizons Productions

rockstar54

Wow, I'm overwhelmed with the amount of new puzzle pieces that are now available. My problem now is, I can't seem to find the 7.5m (L1) over other RHW's. I believe there is a dedicated tab for 7.5 Avenues and Roads but I can't seem to find the ones that go over RHW. Did I miss something during installation or am I looking for it in the wrong places?

Shadow Assassin

There were some unexpected issues with them just before release, so they haven't been enabled yet. They will be next release.

I've been busy with RL things, so I haven't been able to work on the L1-over-RHW content. There were also supposed to be 7.5m avenue over RHW pieces, but they haven't been done yet for logistical reasons (IIDs need finalising).
New Horizons Productions

AngryBirdsFan436

Oh, will the full 7.5 viaduct set be available for the NAM 31.1 release (NAM 31 bug fixes) or NAM 32?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

strucka

One question, I seem to recall seeing (o)MIS under (d)L2-RHW and stuff like that. I can't seem to recreate those intersections. Are they possible, or have been sacked, or did I imagine things yet again?

Tarkus

You most likely saw the L1 versions.  The L2 and higher networks are generally less stable right now.

-Alex

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 04, 2013, 04:23:02 AM
Oh, will the full 7.5 viaduct set be available for the NAM 31.1 release (NAM 31 bug fixes) or NAM 32?

NAM 32. It's a substantial addition, so it can't really go into the bugfix release, as that is what it's meant for - fixing severe bugs. It'd be nice to have them, but there are more important things to worry about in the NAM.
New Horizons Productions

Kuewr665

Why not have large curves for RHW-6S, RHW-8S, and RHW-10S? Will they have FARHW, and FARHW to diagonal pieces?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Kuewr665 on March 04, 2013, 08:03:17 PM
Why not have large curves for RHW-6S, RHW-8S, and RHW-10S? Will they have FARHW, and FARHW to diagonal pieces?

It's a matter of having to make them, and that's currently not in our plans right now. The priority right now is bugfixing.
<INACTIVE>
-----

AngryBirdsFan436

Well, will the filler pieces return in the NAM 31.1 update? ???
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

eggman121

Through some investigation it seems that the non-DRI ramps have not been migrated to the 57###### range yet. Are the ramps going to be converted to the 57###### range or are they going to stay in their current range?

I'm just curious

Tarkus

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 04, 2013, 08:49:24 PM

For the fifty-seven billionth time, yes.

Quote from: eggman121 on March 04, 2013, 10:04:23 PM
Through some investigation it seems that the non-DRI ramps have not been migrated to the 57###### range yet. Are the ramps going to be converted to the 57###### range or are they going to stay in their current range?

I'm just curious

The long-term goal is to eventually convert as many ramps over to DRI/FLEXRamp setups as possible, potentially rendering the "pre-P57" versions of many of them functionally obsolete.

-Alex

AngryBirdsFan436

Quote from: Tarkus on March 04, 2013, 10:23:13 PM
Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 04, 2013, 08:49:24 PM

For the fifty-seven billionth time, yes.

Quote from: eggman121 on March 04, 2013, 10:04:23 PM

I'm just curious

The long-term goal is to eventually convert as many ramps over to DRI/FLEXRamp setups as possible, potentially rendering the "pre-P57" versions of many of them functionally obsolete.

-Alex
Well, how about those Accel/decel exits? Will be converted to FLEXRamps? :-[
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 05, 2013, 01:12:17 AM
Well, how about those Accel/decel exits? Will be converted to FLEXRamps?

There's been plenty of teaser images that have to do with what you're asking, and more. The problem is, they're all bugged.
<INACTIVE>
-----