• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wschmrdr

This might sound really stupid, but... are there any video tutorials on using the FLEX ramps?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: wschmrdr on May 10, 2013, 08:37:48 PM
This might sound really stupid, but... are there any video tutorials on using the FLEX ramps?

Refer to section 7.4.6 in the RHW User's Manual.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Nanami

Quote from: Tarkus on May 10, 2013, 03:36:32 PM
The reason you can't do that is because you have an orth-diag curve going into that intersection.  There's no stability code to support that.

-Alex
oh.... is there anyway I can make this exit?
http://goo.gl/maps/GueV1

thanks anyway for the explaination.

Tarkus

Quote from: Indiana Joe on May 10, 2013, 07:04:49 PM
Just how difficult would it be to eliminate the one tile of space necessary between orth-diag transitions and RHW?  (Mainly for overpass purposes).  That's the one thing that makes me miss the old filler pieces.

If you're talking about overpasses, quite a lot.  It's simple, but easy to screw up code.  The fillers were re-enabled in NAM 31.1, albeit there are some issues with the upper level ones (this has been fixed on our end for 31.2), though I don't think they'd really be helping out here (unless you're meaning the RHW x RHW diag pieces).

Quote from: 976 on May 10, 2013, 09:36:56 PM
oh.... is there anyway I can make this exit?
http://goo.gl/maps/GueV1

thanks anyway for the explaination.

It's a little hard to see it up close, as the satellite imagery is a bit grainy.  It looks like it's basically a Collector-Distributor/frontage road that's making an inside exit onto the mainline.  If you were to use the Type C1/F1 (fractional angle) ramps off the mainline, switch the OWR to an RHW-4 briefly, and use an RHW-4 Type C1 Inside ramp, you could effectively accomplish that.

-Alex

wschmrdr

Sorry for turning this into the request outlet, but one thing I noticed is that there really isn't compatibility with L2 Road/OWR/Ave and L1/L3/L4 RHW yet. Is this something possibly being considered for the future? I know right now it's in puzzle piece format so it'd get a bit tedious, unless for some reason I'm missing a trick.

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: wschmrdr on May 13, 2013, 04:28:23 AM
Sorry for turning this into the request outlet, but one thing I noticed is that there really isn't compatibility with L2 Road/OWR/Ave and L1/L3/L4 RHW yet. Is this something possibly being considered for the future? I know right now it's in puzzle piece format so it'd get a bit tedious, unless for some reason I'm missing a trick.

If you want go under or above an L2 Rd/OWR/AVE convert them in L2 RHW 2-4 so you have a RHWxRHW! ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

wschmrdr

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on May 13, 2013, 06:44:46 AM
If you want go under or above an L2 Rd/OWR/AVE convert them in L2 RHW 2-4 so you have a RHWxRHW! ;)

Here's the trick, though: It's not just a straight bridge; I'm doing a complex volleyball-roundabout hybrid interchange, and need to be able to connect those up. There isn't much room available for RHW-style exits, MAYBE some slip lanes at the maximum.

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: wschmrdr on May 14, 2013, 04:51:10 AM
Here's the trick, though: It's not just a straight bridge; I'm doing a complex volleyball-roundabout hybrid interchange, and need to be able to connect those up. There isn't much room available for RHW-style exits, MAYBE some slip lanes at the maximum.

Then convert to L0 Rd/OWR/AVE the interchange. &idea
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

samerton

I thought I'd put this here:

A darker US-style RHW set, suggested by Haljackey.

Still in very early stages though :D

MandelSoft

Well, well, well, what do you have here?

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

spot

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

sunv123

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

the7train

Quote from: MandelSoft on May 18, 2013, 06:45:55 AM
Well, well, well, what do you have here?

Best,
Maarten

Are those RHW 6S smooth curves? They look awesome! How do they work? Are they puzzle pieces like 4S?

MandelSoft

Yes, they are smooth curves and yes, they are puzzle pieces. However, they have a different footprint than the RHW-4 curves. They are slightly bigger so they have a more realistic curve radius. A quite neat side effect of that is that I don't need to mod a double curve, because the inner curve fits in precisely into the outer curve!

spot

Would it be possible to be placed on a slope, and fits right, like the RHW-4 S turn, some of the FARs, and the RHW-6S to RHW-6C transition pieces?

MandelSoft

It should be possible if the slope is not too steep ;)

Gugu3

I know it's not in the NAM policy and i don't want to make pressure but...when do you plan to release this amazing new stuff?there will be a small release for that or it will be included in a future "big release"?

MandelSoft

Well, it's not ready yet. We honestly don't know ourselves when it's ready. The RHW-6S curves for instance still miss pathing (due to a little screw-up during testing the installer). Besides I have more neat stuff coming up ;)

Gugu3

That's good to hear Maarten!we should expect great things from you :thumbsup: