• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Help me get back into SC4!

Started by your_adress_here, February 02, 2009, 01:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

your_adress_here

Hey guys   ;D

I used to be a pretty big SimCity player. But times have grown and times have changed and after a very big hiatus from this awesome game, I have decided for various reasons to start playing it again.

Over the course of time, SimCity and it's community have evolved immensely - to the point where a returning veteran such as me is practically lost in it all! So I come to you guys asking help. I need to know: where should I start? It seems like there are so many 'essential' mods out there. My plugins folder used to be over 2GB in size (not to mention it was a complete mess - files were everywhere), so you can see why I'm trying to catch up!

I am someone who loves custom content since there are just so many great works out there that really enhance SC4. So far I know that I need:

-NAM
-Cycledoggs terrain mod
-The official patches (can you still get these at the official site?)

Please, help this returning SC4 member get back on track. Thanks for any help whatsoever!  :)

PS: I have forgotten my password for the LEX. Is there anyway to retreive it? (I was able to do it for my account, but couldn't find such an option for the LEX)

Thanks!
Bookah!

JoeST

hey Your_Address_Here, good to see you :)

you can get the official patches from SC4D here

and the NAM and CP's stuff is on the LEX, just use the powersearch :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wouanagaine

And for your LEX password, PM BarbyW or Callagrafx , they will reset it ( they can't read it )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

callagrafx

your_adress_here: reset your password and sent you a PM  :thumbsup: Have fun
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Pat

Hey your_adress do you remember your sign on name for the LEX per chance? if so just PM either Barby or Lee and they can resest your password for ya's...  Don't forget SAM and RHW to add to NAM... Also CAM if you want to take your game to whole new level!!! Yes I know CAM can be a pain to install but once its there and installed its great to work with....  You can get the offical patches here I believe? not certain bout that one but I think so... Just let me know what other help you may need and I will do my best to guide you threw your return  ;)

Pat

BTW here are the links once you get back on the LEX....

EDIT see that Lee has allready taken care of you on getting you back on the LEX enjoy those links though!!! any other questions let me know though....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

your_adress_here

Thanks for the support!  :)

Are there any other big mods or packs I should know about before I go on a downloading spree?  ;)
Bookah!

Tarkus

Most of SG's older stuff has been updated compiled into convenient Mega Packs, separated by type.  I'd recommend picking those up as well.  Ditto with kevdan25's old stuff.

If you download the January 2009 NAM, the NAM Essentials package is not necessary--it's just the RUL Controllers packaged separately, though it will potentially be updated here relatively soon with the Rail Addon Mod (RAM) stuff nearing completion.  Also on the transit end, if you used the High Speed Rail mod at all before, there was an update to it last April that separated it from the Monorail network.

I'd also check out jeronij's Urban Canals and MAS71's Walls.  There is also an updated Functional Airport set from the Aerospace Consortium, which I'd also recommend.

-Alex

dem22

CAM really extends the game, and just about everything simgoober and simpeg have created really add to the overall game, downloading and installing takes time but it's well worth it, i also just recently came back after a number of years and the mods and props and lots people have made are truly amazing, fun, professional, remarkable and just dang awesome. have fun.