• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Archipelago - Update 30 - Eddington

Started by kodlovag, August 13, 2010, 03:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penguin007

Very cool city there so far I love the airport and the suburbs alot

Will

kodlovag

Milestone

We are on the second page!

Replies

Battlecat: Thanks. You are my most frequent visitor.

cubby420: One of my favourit too.

Will (penguin007): Thank you

Update 5 - The Northern Islands

Next time

Next time I will show you the new city center, Little Hong Kong. These are the farthest buildings of the downtown, on the area of the Northern Islands.

Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

RickD

I like how you built the roads and rail line in the hills. Those pics with the winding road and the rail viaduct are fantastic.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

kwakelaar

The landscape is almost surreal, but I must say I quite like it. Some very nice shots indeed of the roads climbing and descending steep hills, and I think the garbage processing facility is well done.

Tomas Neto

Fantastic update!!! Very nice work!!!

io_bg

Whoa! Fantastic work! I love that small hilly community with the train station! Can't wait till the next update! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kodlovag

Replies

RickD: That was my first successful attempt to make realistic networks in steep hills.

Terring7: Thank you

kwakelaar: The map was downloaded, and I didn't make massive terraform on it. So might be surreal, but I'm continously trying to make it as real as possible.

Tomas Neto: Thanks

io_bg: That small community looks to be a popular place.

Update 6 - Little Hong Kong

Little Hong Kong is the new city center of Archipelago.

Downtown

Construction period

A popular recreation place

marsh

Great work here! The way you have constructed everything here is very creative.  &apls &apls &apls

,marsh :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

greckman

These are fantastic looking cities and everything looks great. Keep up the good work.
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

kodlovag

Replies

greckman: I'm happy you like them

Tomas Neto: Thanks

marsh: Thank you too

Update 7 - Little Hong Kong at night

A lonely car leaving the city at midnight.

Next time
Mosaics!

greckman

What a beautiful city. These are some nice night pics. You have a really nice mix of buildings laid out very well.
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kwakelaar

Surreal is not a bad thing, I quite like that quality in your MD.  :)
Some great night shots in this update.

cubby420

Very unique and cool city. The CBD certainly cuts a stunningly bright skyline at night. If I may make one suggestion, you should take pics with the game playing as opposed to paused - your wonderfully designed networks look empty  ???

Tomas Neto

kodlovag

Replies

greckman: Thank you

RickD: Thanks

kwakelaar: I'm glad you like it

cubby420: Actually pics was taken with the game playing. Roads look empty, because the usage is low. Most of the commute done in subway, train and tram networks, they are really crowded. But roads always used under their capacity, almost every road is green on the map, although I'm using the Low version of the traffic simulator. Maybe I should do something with the automata simulator, cars disappear too fast.

Tomas Neto: Thank you too

Update 8 - Mosaics

kalvar

The three latest updates, mmm, are great, I like a lot, I see you have an artist's hand in the game.

marsh