• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

# Prefecture of Yokusawa ~ Update 12 ||

Started by kelis, April 07, 2011, 02:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelis

# H I S T O R Y

• Originally named Kusawa [This appears in the documents
Historical Japanese], by the Emperor Kotoku made the area their capital, and named
as Kusawa-no-miya. The duration of this capital was from 652 to 655.

• Kusawa historically has been a terminal point of the sea from western Kyushu,
Korea and China and a river connection between the Yamato Province in the east (currently Prefecture
Nara) and Yamashiro Province in the northwest (present Kyoto Prefecture). Since many
years ago the city grew through the port activity, so it is always
region that owes much to the sea.

• In 1580 Toyotomi Hideyoshi used the place to build your own castle,
Yokusawa Castle, which Hideyoshi is considered the founder of the present Yokusawa.
The prosperity of the city increased during the Edo Era, during which Osaka
functioned as the economic center of Japan.

• During the Middle Ages, called Okusawa kusawa or (Yokawa) to the premodern period.
During the early Meiji Era, the government renamed the city as Yokusawa or (Yokawa)
name that survives today. Yokusawa continued its development but was gradually
passed as a center of economic and political power with the appointment of Tokyo as capital
of the nation, mainly from the XXI century.

# D E M O G R A P H Y

• The estimated population in 2009 is 4,624,129 inhabitants, with a population density
of 13,857.79 people per square kilometer. The total area is 221.30 km ².

• People Yokusawa speak a dialect of Japanese dialect called Yakawa (Yakawa-ben)
characterized inter alia by a different intonation and the use of verbal inflection.
To break the ice with someone you can say "wakarehen Yakawa-ben" that is
say "I do not understand the dialect of Yokusawa" said in the dialect of Yokusawa.

• About 218,000 foreigners residing in the city, with the Korean community
96,000 inhabitants the largest. The Korean community is mainly concentrated in
Okuno-ku where the Suhashi Koreatown.

# T R A N S P O R T A T I O N

• Asashi International Airport is the main airport, is an artificial island
built Yokusawa Bay, and is used by Yokusawa and surrounding towns.
Asashi is the geographical term for the western area of the prefecture.
The airport is connected by bus and train services to the city center,
as well as the most important suburbs. The previous International Airport Yokusawa
in Otami continues to operate domestic flights.

• The intra-urban public transport is mainly based on the underground rail network.
Combined, more than 50 lines together, forming one of the largest urban rail networks
extensive in the world. This form of transport is the most used by the inhabitants of Yokusawa.
8 million passengers per day estimates, and more than a thousand stations.

• Underground Yokusawa, the backbone of transportation in the city.

# S U B W A Y - O F - Y O K U S A W A

• In addition there is also a widely used network of Metro, the Metro Yokusawa, 680 million
people use it each year, is the seventh most widely used network in the world. It was opened in 1933.
Besides railway networks are both lines of Japan Railways Company, for the
other private enterprises connecting the suburbs of the city and its Yokusawa
neighboring cities.

# E C O N O M Y

• In the Edo Period Yokusawa has been the center of Japanese trade. Currently, many
major companies have moved their headquarters to Tokyo, especially in late
of the 1990, but several companies such as Takeda Pharmaceutical laboratories
Company continue to operate from Yokusawa.

• Many of the major Japanese electronics companies make their products
in Yokusawa, most of which are exported to other countries. Among these Sony,
Toshiba, Hitachi, and of course the world's largest automaker, Toyota. The press also
is one of the main industries of the city. Most media companies and
published in Japan are located in Yokusawa and most of the journals
and periodicals published in the prefecture. Other important industries include petrochemicals,
automobile manufacturing, timber and mobile phones.

# T O U R I S M

• Yokusawa is famous for its Bunraku (traditional puppet theater) and kabuki theater,
and the manzai, a contemporary of comic dialogue form. It is also known as
the hometown of several famous musical groups of modern enka.

• Within the main tourist attractions are:

• Yokusawa Castle (Yokusawa-jo), considered one of the tourist attractions
visited from all over Japan, both among local and foreign tourists.

• Yokusawa Aquarium, an aquarium located in Yokusawa Bay, containing 35,000
aquatic animals in 14 tanks, whose biggest tank is the world's largest, with 5,500 tons
water and various species including the whale shark.

• The district and the Tower Shinsekai Yokusawa.

• Numerous parks and theme parks, including Universal Studios Japan, and Expoland.

• The Museum of the City of Yokusawa, where in addition to knowing the history of the city you can
comtenplar numerous models of the city over the years.

# F L A G S

• country flag  - Japan & Prefecture flag - Yokusawa.

• Index of Updates ~ Yokusawa Prefecture • Index of Updates ~ Yokusawa Prefecture • Index of Updates ~ Yokusawa Prefecture •

#############################################################################################

# I N T R O D U C T I O N

• Hello and welcome to my new project in simcity 4. This is a Dutch region, more specifically inspired
in Amsterdam, It is based in the thirties. My idea is to show this city telling stories and experiences
of the citizens of Bolendan at that time.

• It is possible that some of the stories of the updates are inspired by real stories of the World War II.
This issue will be very present in this diary, Like many other Dutch cities Bolender also suffered the Nazi
horror. As I say we will see many things about the war, Jews, deportations and other occurred in those
terrible years, so I hope not to offend anyone with this, I'll try to do it with all possible respect.

# W E L C O M E  T O  B O L E N D A N

• Bolendan lives great moments, we're in the 30's and the city already has its own color, canals and
churches cover the city and give it that touch so beautiful and distinctive to this beautiful Dutch city.
The operas and theaters arrived from other parts of Europe live as perfectly normal here, painters and
musicians fill the streets of culture,people from other countries come to the city in search of work and
prosperity, in search of a better life.

• This is the story of anyone, the poor and the rich, who comes and who goes, is the story of war
and peace, Some end well and others do not ... this is the story of a European city, the story of a
Dutch city, is the story of good and bad is the history of searching and finding, is the story of the
citizens of Bolenden.

• Do you Want to know this city? some of its beautiful places? Want to walk the streets or driving
on their roads? You may prefer the tram, but the bicycle is not bad ...Do you Want to know stories
of a city? histories of Europe? Do you  Want to take a boat trip for their channels? Do you Want to see
the ships arriving from other continents ? Do you Want to feel this great city? Feel like one more?...Well,
grab your map and let's go, Welcome to Bolenden.

• Index of Updates ~ Historical Bolendan • Index of Updates ~ Historical Bolendan • Index of Updates ~ Historical Bolendan •

#############################################################################################

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Exla357

Welcome to the world of Mayor Diaries, where anything is possible ;D
Looks good so far, you've done your homework, but I would like to see some ingame pictures.

noahclem

Very interesting! You've got my attention and I'm curious to see where you'll take us with this  ;)

Tomas Neto

Another awesome start!!! Fantastic!!!   :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Such a great start &apls I saw you wrote "Japon" instead of "Japan". Is it voluntery? ::)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

Guillaume, it's because in Spanish and Portuguese Japan is written like in France, Japón !  ;)
Anyway nice start there, Jonathan, can't wait for more, meu amigo!!! &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Flatron

I  don't really know what japanese cities look like, but that's just how I imagine they look like :thumbsup:

louistsw

$%Grinno$%
Support for playing with the same style.
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

mave94

Very well done, like the Japanese style.
Take care and keep it up :thumbsup:

peter007

Wow you made a very nice start.

Your photoshopping skills are phenomenal

art128

Those shots almost looks like real pictures taken from plane, great job amigo. Gustaba mucho este update!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Great to see you starting a new MD :thumbsup: I love the plaza between the office buildings!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kwakelaar

Great to see you start again, you have a great talent both in the batting area as well as making an MD look spectacular and interesting.

noahclem

Wow, the area around that station looks amazing! Can't wait to see more!!

Terring7

Hey, a truly Japanese city in Simcity :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Girafe

from Berlin to Tokyo you stay at the state of the art   ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Sciurus

Oh I didn't know for "Japon", thanks Art and Kelis ;)
I still love what you do... I love your cities, how you do them... &apls but you don't use my sidewalk mod you asked me? ::) Maybe you've got a problem?

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

netmod

Dosen't matter what you do, your cities are amazing
mooooooooooooooooo...

Tomas Neto

Yeah my friend... your city is very realistic and beautiful!!! Awesome work!!!

kelis

# Update 1 ~ JR Hirakata Central

• Hirakata is a medium sized city in northeastern Yokusawa, with a population of
about 125 thousand inhabitants. Most of the inhabitants of this city use the train
every day to reach their jobs in the city center.

• In today's update I want to show one of the most important parts of this small
city, which is practically the center of social life in Hirakata, its railway station is
The main culprit, officially called "Hirakata JR Central Station" is used daily by
a very large number of people.

• Built in the 60's, today it is barely visible in the urban landscape, several offices are
an raising in the last 10 years almost on the railway station and today is a large complex
of offices, shops and a rather busy day.

~ R E P L I E S ~

Exla357 - Yeah my friend, All it's possible :D Thanks and welcome.

noahclem - Thanks friend and welcome, I hope see you for here  ;)

Tomas Neto - Thanks my friend !

Sciurus - Yes my friend, In Spain is " Japon "  ;D Thanks.

art128 - Thanks arthur  ;D e Benvido o meu novo MD.

# Greetings

################################################################

# Update 2 - Nara ~ Hirakata ||

• Nara is one of the typical and old residential districts of Hirakata. Its very quiet,
and is far from the bustle of downtown, away from chaos.

• Life moves pretty quiet in Nara, many of its inhabitants for the day are not here,
so in working days is quite common to see old men fishing with their small boats on
the banks of river.

• It is very typical to see boats in the vicinity of Nara, as the small boat
red that crosses the river to reach the port of Yokusawa.

~ R E P L I E S ~ R E P L I E S ~ R E P L I E S ~R E P L I E S ~R E P L I E S ~

Flatron - Thanks Flatron, I can also imagine that  ;)

louistsw - Asia style, Great Style  $%Grinno$% Thanks.

MrMAvE94 - Thanks friend, I try keep up the work. I Love it your avatar  ;)

peter007 - Thanks a lot for your comment   :)

art128 - Thanks arthur, It's great see you always for here, Saludos  ;)

io_bg - It's a placer come back here my friend, Thanks for the comment  ;)

noahclem - Thank friend, You don't have wait more  $%Grinno$%

Terring7 - Well, I try to do that  ;D, Thank for the comment.

Girafe - Hi Girafe, this is not Tokyo, It's a fictional region inspired in many Japan cities, Thank.

Sciurus - Your sidewalk are great, my friend, but I don't use becouse is very dark for my japanese city, you know ?
But I haven't  any problem with they, Thank for the comment my friend  :)

netmod - Thanks my friend for your comment  ;)

Tomas Neto - Thank Tomas and welcome back to my new MD  ;)

This is all for today, thanks for the kind comments and I hope you like the new update, enjoy it.  :thumbsup:

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||