• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cattala | Last Update: 21st November 2012

Started by ThomasK, April 09, 2011, 01:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasK

Tomas: Thank you!

Rick D: Thanks, and welcome to Cattala.

Peter: Thanks for commenting again, I'm glad you liked it.

Robin: Hi there! And yeh, I'm on my easter holidays at the moment so I'm doing lots of updates. And here's another one for you!

Kwakelaar: Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I've never done a tree line leading to a beach like that before, so it was my first time trying that out.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to Ionia, the capital town of the Hellas province, in northern Cattala. Today we're taking a look at ongoing construction in the suburb of Tilia.

Tilia is built around a natural lake that is fed by the same river that flows through Eurellia to the north-east. Tilia Lake is used for pleasure boating and recreation during most months of the year, thanks to it's warm, plentiful waters.

On the northern shore of the lake, a 5-year construction project is entering it's final phase. The construction of Tilia Waterfront Hotel has rejuvenated the local economy, and is due to open later this year.

The views from the hotel extend for miles across the island – with splendid views of both the lake and Ionia itself. On clear days you can see past the town harbour and out to the Hellas Strait.

The hotel isn't the only part of the complex though – luxury apartments and lakeside offices have also been built. Some of the penthouses were sold for over half a million Ainero last year.

To the west of the hotel complex is another major construction site. Western Lake is currently only in it's first stage of construction, but the three-year long project is expected to expand northwards and will become a sprawling estate of homes and apartments.

Here we see an overview of Western Lake. Flood defences, landscaping and waterfront beautification still need to be completed both in Western Lake and in Tilia Waterfront, ahead of the first residents moving in next month.

peter007

Very nice,

You did a splendid job on the nature around/in the lake.

-Ernst

Huston_N7

<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

kelis

Great work my friend, I Like the use of those ponds  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

ThomasK

Thank you Kelis, Republic and Ernst.  :thumbsup:

Once again today we're looking at Amadeus and Franogei. I've made a few additions to Franogei, so I thought I should show them to you. I hope you like this mosaic.

We're also going to take a look at a couple of overviews of Amadeus and Franogei, so that you get a better view of the size of the two areas.

Here we see an overview of Franogei – at the top right you can see Lower Columbia Street and in the upper-middle of the image you can see the headquarters of Royal Media International. In a few updates time we'll see what happened when Rmi's modern offices were built here in the historic heart of the city.

To end with today, a dedication image to the wedding of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Catherine Middleton. Being from the UK and being a monarchist myself, I thought I should add a bit of Royal Wedding fever to Cattala on this special day. Thank you for viewing Cattala.

wallasey

Rightly so! It was a great day.

Tomas Neto

Very nice work, great work on this mosaic!!!

peter007

Great Update.
Maybe you should add some more variation to your cities.
Like trees and grasses or other buildings.

-Ernst

netmod

mooooooooooooooooo...

marsh

All the palaces are beautiful. Fantastic work!  &apls

,marsh

kelis

Great job with those canals !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

ThomasK

Wallasey: It definitely was. Thanks for the comment.

Tomas Neto: Thank you again!

Ernst: Thank you, but I'm not sure exactly what kind of trees or buildings you'd like to see. I've already used Mediterranean, Parisian, modern and aristocratic.

Netmod: Thanks!

Marsh: Thank you. That's a big compliment coming from you. Especially in this area of SC4D. :P

Kelis: Thanks! I like the canals too. I hope you like them in this edition too...

Welcome back to Altura, in Calora. I've decided to completely rebuild Calora, so I hope you like the new-look Altura. We'll start with a mosaic.

Here we see the southern and eastern part of Altura. The first image we saw was south-facing, this image is west-facing, towards the sea.

Here we see an overview of Altura. The hospital for the centre of the city, the local police station and a local school are all based here.

To end with today, another south-facing mosaic that takes you right to the edge of Altura.

peter007

That last update looked nice.
Maybe a pack from Chrisadams?

-Ernst

ricardomiranda

netmod

Nice Update  &apls

Copy Paste a phobia
mooooooooooooooooo...

Tomas Neto

Very nice work!!! Great city!!!   :thumbsup:

scott1964

Wow  :o Where did you get the construction props from a few posts back? Nice update.  :D

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

ThomasK

Ernst: I'll take a look into chrisadams. Thanks for the suggestion.

ricardomiranda: Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.

Netmod: Thanks! What does copy paste a phobia mean?

Tomas Neto: Thank you for those kind words.

scott1964: Thank you, it's good to see new faces around Cattala. Here's a link to the two types of construction lots I have:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/12312-construction-fillers/
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/12311-construction-sites/

Sciurus: Thank you for commenting on the new-look, new-layout Calora.

Welcome back to Seina, in the Monte Calida province of Cattala. Today we're going to be looking at a recent development in the east of the town.

In this area of Seina, small streams and rivers navigate their way around, and in some cases under, homes. Here we can see the small pond that was featured last time we were in Seina.

To the south of the development is a small farm, that benefits greatly from co-operation with the local industry. The olives that you see here will spend part of their lives stored in the local warehouses of Seina.

Moving north again, we see construction is ongoing on another development of homes and workplaces. But because of this work, the stream that flows eastwards has been blocked off. Needless to say, local environmentalists have been very angry.

After that brief trip north, we head to the west of the village. Do you remember that concrete structure that was under construction? This is it.

Seina Church now towers over the village, and the statue of the Virgin Mary above it looks towards the west coast of the country, past the newly-built gardens in front of the church.

Here we see my first piece of major editing in a while, I hope it's not over the top. This shows how the church is a new addition to the town and stands out.

To end with today, I'd like to know what you want to see built here, and whether the stream should be allowed to run it's course again, or remain blocked up.

Tomas Neto

Wow my friend, your cities are awesome!!! Fantastic update again!!!