• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AK's Custom Content Showcase

Started by Alek King of SC4, January 24, 2007, 06:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikNik

Glad to see your CJ-ing skills projected here AK.
I lurked a lot at ST in your CJ, forgive me for that.

Great description of the neighbourhoods, it makes the city so lively!
Great also how you managed the traffic in the CBD. Almost no cars (green lines) or is it just me?
Wonder how all those R$$$ get to work.

Now about that L-rail train. light green and light blue indede do not stick out. Try maybe red?

Nik-Nik

Alek King of SC4

thanks for the nice reply nik-nik, the reason you don't see green lines for cars, is because your are seeing the
trans paths after I querried both rail/L stations, the only cars involved would be on the other end where the commuters live.  The highway however does have over 20,000 cars and busses. And the R$$$ population is still only maybe 1/6 at most of the total population.  Despite being largely commercial this tile has around 269,000 sims
and yeah i am going to switch that train skin, if only i could remember what it was called  #?¿?¿?$

on an off hand note does anyone know how to go about raising the capacity of rail stations drastically, it seems like
all of mine including my huge ones are running at 200-300% of capacity or worse.  if there is an easy way to tweak the capacity  it would be great.

petercintn

Think I'll quit building my own region and move in here!  Well, maybe just buy a time share.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

goin2chicago

in regards to you el train issue, i'll give you some links. there's a red and white one in this pack http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=13560. and there's also bigredfish's stuff, he's got a few nice ones that look really good in game http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?page=1&keyword=bigredfish&type=all. then if your lookin to have it remind of you home there's ardecilas CTA versions http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=11449. just some suggestions. hope i helped!

thundercrack83

Great start! I love the pictures where you split the city up into the different neighborhoods!

Alek King of SC4

thanks chicago, and lets talk some Bears, I for one like that they are the underdogs, this team seems to play best when they have a chip on their shoulder, I am so excited and it is still over a week away.  I already took off work the monday after to regain my strength.  ?=mad)= ¬sck# ?=mad)=

I think i want to go with Ardecila's, I wish i could get traffic on my L over road pieces to use his station but for some reason i can build the network and it looks great but no one will pass through  :discuss:

oh yeah and for those that haven't seen it, the entire region, note development very old, and easy to see the changes.

Please Click Here

NikNik

I used to love following the Bears too. That was back in the old days when the was playing.

But I haven't followed them since. Pity I guess that Football is not well covered on dutch television and one way or the other you forget about things like this.

Nik-Nik

dedgren

'Da Bears! [linkie]

I grew up in the Chicago area in the George Halas/Dick Butkus/Brian Piccolo/Gale Sayers days [linkie].  They didn't move into Soldier Field [linkie] until after I left the area to attend college.  It's great that they're in the Superbowl [linkie]- only winning the whole thing every twenty years or so leaves some pretty long dry spells.

Heh, Nik-nik- so you're a fan of the 'Fridge, eh?  Man, he was a monster [linkie].  He had nothing on Dick Butkus [linkie], though, of whom I recall it was remarked, "He wasn't just trying to tackle you- he was trying to kill you."

Alek, sorry to hijack things, but thanks for the memories.  That's a great region shot, btw.  You are one prolific SC4 dude.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Badsim

Well , I was following your work since a long at Simtropolis & have never posted on it . Shame on me .
But , there's no jealousy , I think I've posted about 14 posts on Simtro. although I'm member since 2004 ... /sad¬¬

I've always enjoyed your skilled city planning ... First contact :I'll try to be a little more talkative in future . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Grneyes

Your stuff is always so detailed, I love it.

GO BEARS!

goin2chicago

i think i'm still grasping the whole concept of this superbowl. lol. i also like when they are the underdogs because i'm pretty sure you saw what they did to new orleans. it's also funny to see the people in my school that have said the bears suck but are now acting like they've been life long bears fans. i'm glad that i've always stayed faithful to the teams i was raised on and have come to love just as any other chicago sports fan would know which is why i have respect for cubs fans like you and many other people i know. lol.

now about your cj, it's the best like always and deffinetly my favorite. keep up the inspiring work and i can't wait for more! da bears

ps. and if you don't mind i might be sending you a pm with some questions about that new dat packer that you seem to be crazy about/aboot.

Gaston

Hi AleK,
    Welcome to the dark side.[linkie]   Hmmm is this the dark side?   $%#Ninj2     Oh well.   Welcome anyway.   I know you have been here a while but welcome to your MD.    Glad to see ya again.       Love the updates btw.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

CrazyChickenSC12

WoW!!! Thats some awesome work AK wonderful mosaic  :thumbsup: &apls &dance &dance

goin2chicago

that is one awesome mosaic. it's like every great bat released is featured here. can't wait for more!

Alek King of SC4

yeah i am trying to go for as little commercial repeats as possilbe however i have about maximized, what i consider to be useable highrise BATs.  Since the above picture i have added about 4 more new highrises, that replace duplicates seen above.  however i still need about 6 more, to have no highrise commercial doubles.  And don't say maxis buildings i already have a few and that is already too many.

Also some background this is my regions main and only CBD, it is surrounded by small and mid sized tiles as to maximize the potential number of commutters and possible neighbor connections, this is cool because it makes each line radiating out of downtown unique to a seperate surrounding community and surrounding tile.

The pic above shows half of a large tile, the other half is about the same size, maybe slightly larger, and crossed by many trans lines heading to the surrounding tiles.  I have already added an awesome Japanese stadium with a cool overhanging diagonal shap, and a large area of apartments, a massive commercial wasteland and an even larger swath of single family homes, all this will be shown later this week.

This particular tile has a population of 390k and some change, the region has just now past 1 million, target population: 2.5 million.

Da Bearsss

Rayden

You're da man of big cities, I love to see them, and the way you plan the commuting network for all those neighbourhoods and commercial areas. Nice work mate. :thumbsup:

KooriSim123

Great stuff there Alek, i enjoyed it alot. It sure is far from being dull and i love the selection of buildings. Your plugins folder must be huge. Take care mate
catch ya
Strong,Black and deadly
My brothers keeper

Alek King of SC4

actually my plugins is now just barely over 1gig (i don't need to tell you why  ;D)
My plugins are simple:

MODS:
Cycledogg Italia terrain and trees
NAM
rail base texture mod from NOB, alternate grass for  Sub, rural, ind and Stone for the CBD.
SuperDemand Mod: Notice the lack of any dilapidation  ;)
RadicalOrdinace: Again i am a sandbox player, but on the other hand it makes growing nice residential that is funtional and won't dilapidate easy.

RAdnom:
A very old STEX upload of grey parking lots the ones you see all over my cities, i then use Jeronig End Parking lots the 1x1 lot the is TE'd, and use them next to each other to create what kinda look like custom created TE'd paking lots to fit odd shaped spaces....

Stations: Lots NOB, ATPX and other japanese rail stations, also some from Frogface, and Tonkso, I use the same ones all the time, but heh, i like them best. Street top Bus and Subway Lots, and SG parking garages.

Residential:
Only 4 or 5 possible R$$$ buildings in my entire tile set. Goober, superstar, NDEX, HKBAT
High Rise R$$&$:All of Bixel's sets, Glenni for R$ and SFBT for R$.
Midrise R$&$$: mostly north american style, Dusks lofts, rowhomes from SG, BlaM modern row, some northern european block style apartments by SFBT, SOMY apartments.
Lowrise R$&$$ I have not shown much as far as single family homes go in this md yet but i use SG small homes and SG trailers for R$ and UK suburban homes by Gascooker for my R$$, and no single family R$$$  :D maybe i will do one neighborhood later...

Commercial:
All the best skyscrapers from NDEX, HKBAT, Tonkso, Glenni, Oneil, Kei, Zummi, Goober ect. 
Midrise: Lots of BSC BATs from Goober. Plenty of Tonkso and Glenni, Japanese BATs ATPX, NOB, Kei, ect.
Lowrise: Strictly american style here, spralwy strip mall style lots from Simgoober, Jmeyers small shops all over, did i say Simgoober, and of my recent favorite and active BATers Spa.

Industrial: I allow MAxis ID and IM to grow but still block IHT.  this is the only maxis you will see. (except two or three CO$$ buidings)
Gascooker, lotsa BSC stuff really, Northcountrydude lots all over, SOMY ports, Fukuda, ect.

That is pretty much what i am working with in a nutshell anything else just ask.

NikNik

Massive Cool pic indeed. Great highrises. Look at that black monstrosity in right to the middle. Great stuff!

So this tile has 390 K inhabitants. How many Commercial workers?

Nice info on your plugins folder. Great many more scrapes you have than I have.
(I still need to build my first city tile with more than 300 K inhabitants)

Nik-Nik