• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Alancy - The city you'd love to live - UPDATED 04/06

Started by Pikatchoum, April 14, 2007, 02:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KANE

Sweet city. I really like the 5th pic.  &apls &apls &apls

"If you find yourself locked in a fair fight then you haven't planned it correctly" -Colonel Kila Wallace of the Royal Marines

apostate

thats cool how you landscaped the bridge start

I always have a hard time with those areas, and you did it perfectly

realdimension

What an awesome city! a nice mix between ancient and modern buildings  &apls
Member of the TSC team.
Visit my showcase of modern towers!

jmyers2043

I enjoyed looking at all the pictures. Not one city tile has escaped your attention. Very creative. The parks like the one that runs along the water front add a lot of visual interest. And that six point intersection is sooooo good.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Strechnitz

WOw. I love the lay out of your city. a job well done/ the way you handled the waterfront is also very nicely put together.

Love to see more of Alancy. :thumbsup:

Strech.

Flipside

Pikatchoum

Hey dear Sc4 devotion members (and friends :p ) .

After a few weeks of hollidays (Saint tropez :p , such a nice place  ) and exams (less "glamourous" though ^^ ) , I can say i'm back to Sc4 life.

I'll try to make an update as soon as possible (maybe this afternoon if i'm speed enough ) . But, now, i'd like to deserve you a great thanks for your comments.

Antoine : Merci pour ce petit (mais non mois sympathique) message :)

Strechnitz : "Love to see more of Alancy". Good point, I personally love to show more of Alancy. I guess you wont have to wait so much now.

jmyers2043 : "Not one city tile has escaped your attention" . Of course not !! No tile will never escape me ...!! muahaha ( i guess i need more hollidays :p ) . thanks ;)

realdimension : i must admit i'm quiet proud of that mix after having studying my own city (Orléans ). Looks realistic i think.

apostate : Glad you like the bridge. IMO, o'm not totally satisfied of it. I don't know why, but i d'ont find it enough vibrant. Anyway thanks ! ^^

kwakelaar : Yeah it took me a lot of time to build it. But thanks to the Datpacker , it's easier to play (no lag... :p ) . Glad you notice the smaller parks. I think all cities have ones, sometime hidding behind a wall or a church but even so nice.

tankmank : Thanks for those nice words. Merci beaucoup ^^ .

thundercrack83, guurgkud, KANE, Flipside, dioangel, belfastuniguy, emilin : Thanks a lot, and stay stunned for the next update ^^ .

thundercrack83

Hey, welcome back, my friend! I'll be awaiting your next update!

bat

Pikatchoum

Thanks bat and thundercrack83     ;)

____ Update 02 ____ ___ ___ __ __

Every city I know have poor, underpriviledged area. In France they're easy to see with the typicalls row of buildings, mostly ugly. So it was important, in a realistic target , to build some of those "barres" like we say in french in Alancy, and they won't be the only ones.
Also notable in this update, the stadium and an old industrial zone with canals, progressively rebuild into low wealth résidential area. (remember my english is bad ^^ )

______________________________________________________________________enjoy______

Nardo69

Bonjour mon ami!

Qu'est-ce qui passe que me a fait ne pas voyer ton nouvel MD!

Okay back to english - seems to be I forgot almost all of my french ...  &ops

Great start! I love the bridge head with the big avenue intersection. Great Choice of buildings - it really gives that special French atmosphere! I do enjoy the bigger churches in the rural environment where they fit best IMHO.

And I am glad that you didn't spare "les barres" - people tend to show only the "nice" areas whereas I am really interested in the poorer part of the cities - like you "barres".

Great works with the kanal should use them someday again, too ...

Au revoir mon ami!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Great update, my friend! I love the low-income area and the stadium and industrial areas look fantastic, too! I can't wait to see more of your development!

kwakelaar

This was a really well made update. You have managed to get the atmosphere for these kind of areas just perfect. The mix with the industrial and residential buildings with the canals, very good.
The pale white and pink flats are a good choice to use here and then with the carparks along the road in the middel of this area, I can only say  :thumbsup:

wouanagaine

Great update pika  :thumbsup:
The mosaic is really great
btw the SC4D rules allow you to post image higher than 600 , but not wider than 800 so you can post directly the full image  ;)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

bat

Fantastic city you have there! Wonderful pictures! :thumbsup:

Zaphod

I like all the W2W, it all fits together

the soccer stadium is great, too, is that the one oppie made?
War Kittens !?

nova vesfalo

It 's great ! I've never seen some "voies surberge"-like  ! and love the avenue intersection of your 1st update ! Your city have an asthomspher !! I'm a truely adept of "perspective"-lane , you seems to be one ! And I've seen that you are a "pâté de maison" ( locked city-block )city builder, and I like it ! I think it's more real for more historic part of a city !

In your last update I've specialy like the inner city block with litle houses ! so sweet and really inovative in SC4 !

guurgkud

wow this is coming out amazingly. love the mixture of the historic with the new. very nice indeed.

looking forward to more!  :thumbsup:
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

Pikatchoum

--- Little Information ---

Some people ( on other sites ) were a bit "surprised" or "choked" by those houses between buildings bloc. In fact, that's not a pure inovation of myself as it does exist where I live -Orléans- and probably in other french cities. (and maybe european cities).Those kind of houses can't be seen if you don't know they're where they are because they're strictly hiden by buildings and only one or two roads, under the buildings go to them. In Orléans, this kind of "urbanism" can be seen in the right center of the town. So, what you can see in Alancy is realistic as realism has always be my way to play.
Voila ^^  :) .

_____________________ ______________________ _______________ __________ _________ ______

Nardo69 : Hey my frind, nice to see you here :) . Merci beaucoup pour ces quelques mots. I also think it's really interesting to see poor areas because, well that's also athe  city, not only parks and rich houses.

wouanagaine : Thanks for your comment. Tu es l'homme qui a sauvé mon jeux :p . Thanks for the pics rules. I've edited my post and the mosaic is perfect that way. :)

Zaphod : Sorry,I d'ont remember if it's an oppie creation. I'll check my game and see if there's a way to learn the author. Anyway, thanks for your comment.

nova vesfalo : Those "voies suberge" are mainly used in Paris (mais c'est bien mieux fait à Paris, leur aménagement y est superbe IMO ). About the inner city block with the houses check upper ^^ . Merci beaucoup en tout cas .  ;)

guurgkud, bat, kwakelaar, thundercrack83 : Thanks for your feedback my friends.  :thumbsup:

Flipside

Once again, beautiful stuff ... I especially loved the mosaic at the end there ... you did that stadium and surrounding area so realistically ...

Keep it comin'.  ;D