• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Elk Ridge Lodge

Started by D66, September 17, 2013, 01:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D66

Here is my latest creation, Elk Ridge Lodge. I'm thinking it could be the center piece for a large landmark lot or reward? High end resort and spa for the very rich? All comments and suggestions welcomed and appreciated :)

BarbyW

This is looking good, April. I'll be home for the weekend to lot it for you.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Girafe

looks cool but I have a strange feeling with the wood texture of the terrace
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

Looks great.

One thing, the wooden textures is a bit ..... it sort of stands out.
Normal wood would be more white of a short time period outside.

Maybe try out a texture from CGTexture Wood \ Planks : Floors or Bare.

gn_leugim

as far as modelling, I wondn't change nothing. as far textures, they are a bit lifeless, just plain, lack grunge bits, cracks, moss, dirt, etc etc, ah! and gradients! have you take a look at texturing tutorials?

whatevermind

Looks beautiful! I was thinking, your lodges would make great R$$$ buildings as well.

D66

Thank you everyone  ;D  Having a hard time finding a good deck texture :( I was thinking the same thing about the lodges being R$$$ so they need to be clean and new correct?

APSMS

In California at least, lodges and R$$$ homes that I've been to are often well manicured, but rarely as clean as your depiction (though admittedly SC4 is pretty unrealistic). Some noise or dirt in the textures would definitely make the cleanness much more implied than obvious, and reduce the negative comments about unrealistic textures, for sure.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

gn_leugim

Quote from: APSMS on September 17, 2013, 07:44:19 PM
In California at least, lodges and R$$$ homes that I've been to are often well manicured, but rarely as clean as your depiction (though admittedly SC4 is pretty unrealistic). Some noise or dirt in the textures would definitely make the cleanness much more implied than obvious, and reduce the negative comments about unrealistic textures, for sure.

I second that (not the part of california thou, never been there ^^)

Flatron

It might be WPC(wood-plastic-compound)-planks though ;)
The lodge looks fantastic &apls

Diggis

I don't have a problem with the colour of the timber, just the size of the planks. I would halve it at least.  There are plenty of red hardwoods that make great decking.

I do agree that a little degradation to the textures would be good. And maybe some life on the deck, a kids bike, or balls, etc.