• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simgoober is arriving in force

Started by BarbyW, August 29, 2007, 10:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

I have been sorting, updating and packaging all simgoober's lots. I have organised the residentials into sets by type and they have been uploaded to the LEX. I have now finished sorting, updatin and packaging all the commercial lots and am ready to start uploading but need to explain a little about how it has been done. I have sorted into types - adult lots, hotels, offices etc - and updated with the X Tool to be CAMpatible although there are not many CAM lots. In many of the oldest lots, there were separate small props and also queries. The queries were often repeated in lots so I have collected all the queries and sounds into one file and the small props into another. The models and growable lots have been packaged separately into dats using DatPacker and will be uploaded separately each with its own Cleanitol file. The ploppables will have a separate upload for those who wish to use them but you will need to download all the model packs even if you only use the ploppables. The only exception to this is that where ploppables are rewards these have been kept in with the growables.
I would ask that anyone who wants to collect the packs does the following in preparation:
1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of BSC Essentials first.
2. Run the Cleanitol file for the SG extras and back up any files found.
3. Install SG Extras.
I shall start uploading the models first then the lots so I can link the model pack in the Readme. Each Readme will not have the stats for the lots as there are many lots in each pack - over 60 in one case - but will have a linked dependency list.
The lots have been already uploaded to the LEX have not been included as they are up to date. These are the ones that go back over 3 years on the STEX and many were in need of a modding overhaul ;D Simgoober has not the time to do this himself so I volunteered to do it. I trust he will approve :thumbsup:
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

RippleJet

This is tremendous, Barby!
Finally all SimGoober's creations will be updated and available at the LEX! :thumbsup:

Serkanner

I am currently running around my desk cheering as loud as if Holland had won the world cup.  :thumbsup:

Thank you BarbyW for completing this enormous task and making the game better again.

vester

You really live up to your CML. You are a true Goddess.

rooker1

This is incredible news.  You are the best and as Vester said your CML is well deserved!! ;)

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Yup Yup Barby i resound what both Vester and Robin have said you truely do live upto your CML  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

fantnet

BarbyW 

Is Simgoober still part of BSC? havent seen him in a while.

btw - what ever happen to SNM Airforce lots?

BarbyW

Simgoober is very busy with RL but is still a part of BSC. He pops in from time to time and has sent me some of his unreleased stuff - now on the LEX. He hasn't anywhere near as much time to BAT as he had but does do a bit now and again so there will be new SG arriving.
The SNM Airforce lots were stalled when ripptide disappeared. I think he is on overseas deployment but we have not heard from him since last October. If he returns the series will continue.

flame1396

I thought this meant he was creating again  ()sad()

This is good news though :)
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

XiahouDun

I have no idea how to describe the true joygasm I just had. I've always been a huge fan of his works (to the point that I've been trying to get my BATs up to his quality), so seeing them updated is much loved and appreciated :thumbsup: Throw in Barby's amazing talents, and I'm left sitting here in completely dumbfounded on what to say, other than I'm going to completely rework the cities I've been forming for my MD to reflect the changes to their full potential ;D
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

hydra

Sim Shady

&mmm At first glance i thought this was actually sim goober making a thread to produce more custom content which i was obviously ecastic about.  O well its great to hear Barbyw is taking the time to do all this work for us,  Thanks!  :thumbsup:

Ennedi

That's a really great work, thank you very much!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Kitsune

I have a ton of the Embassy Suites Buildings(there worse then Wrens for some reason) in my cities, so is it safe for me to run the cleanitol and use the new packs?
~ NAM Team Member

Diggis

Goddess, your are... there are no words...  &mmm

&dance &dance &dance &dance &dance &dance &dance &dance &dance

BarbyW

Kitsune, I have not changed the IIDs so it should be safe but I would advise backing up the cities first, just in case ;D. You may find they dilapidate or get overgrown quite quickly which will help with the Wren effect.
If you do have problems you can always reinstall from the Cleanitol backup as the files are automatically backed up and not deleted.

Diggis

do the downloads readme contain a list of the lots included? I am reinstalling my plugins and need to replace the lots I had in my city originally so need to be sure I have them installed.

BarbyW

The RemoveLists have the lists of the lots included in each pack. BSC Cleanitol works to reach parts other programs can't :thumbsup: