• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Serkanner showcase

Started by Serkanner, September 24, 2007, 11:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serkanner

With the release of the CAM everybodies desire to start lotting has increased tenfold ... and so did mine. I have however not specifically worked on a lot that will grow when you have the CAM is installed.

I like to show you something I have made to fit in with Simgoober's canal pieces, namely a recycling center. I am using the graet props by Simgoober, Pegasus, Jestarr and SFBT. I wanted to use railroads to "transport" the to-be-recycled stuff and of course need to use North Country Dude's wonderful texture pack.

With the release of a few different canal type I can now work on the creation of some extra variants of the same lot. Here are a few previews of the upcoming lot.

Expect the first lot on the LEX soon.

zero7

I like the look of that - it's a very nice piece of lot-building.  I predict a slight problem with the CAL canals - namely that the lack of reflection is going to look a bit odd. 
Call me Richard

vester

Great work Serkanner.

Could you tell me, those threes at the road side, in which prop pack do I find them ?

Serkanner

Quote from: vester on September 24, 2007, 12:05:58 PM
Great work Serkanner.

Could you tell me, those threes at the road side, in which prop pack do I find them ?

The willow tree is part of SG mega pack, and the darker gree tree is part of the SFBT essentials.

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Citynut

Quote from: zero7 on September 24, 2007, 11:53:42 AM
I like the look of that - it's a very nice piece of lot-building.  I predict a slight problem with the CAL canals - namely that the lack of reflection is going to look a bit odd. 

It looks like this is made for SG's original pack not the remake - although he probably could do one frome the new set if he chose to
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

Travis

Good stuff.  :thumbsup:

I like the base texture used on that one, but maybe a few more small shrubs and such, that's all I could suggest.

It's good to see more people making use of the Lot Editor. BATters are plenty, but us lotters are in short supply.  ;)

I'll be looking forward to more.  :thumbsup:

Andreas

Quote from: Serkanner on September 24, 2007, 12:22:44 PM
The willow tree is part of SG mega pack, and the darker gree tree is part of the SFBT essentials.

The birch tree on the right is also from the SFBT Essentials. :)

Anyway, this is looking great! I guess a version for the reworked canals can be done, it's simply a matter of changing the props (aren't the basic props auto-updating anyway if you install Cal's reworked version?). I figure that the dependency list will be quite long, but I'm sure most people have the majority of dependencies installed already.
Andreas

Serkanner

Thank you everybody for the suggestions and compliments  :)

Since my last post here I have been working on the lot and included the suggestions made here and elsewhere. I think this lot is as good as I can get it. Therefore I show you some screenshots of the final version which will be released to the LEX in a day or two ( depending on test results ).

Well ... nothing much to say anymore but to show you how it turned out.

Oh, I almost forget to tell that our master of industry jestarr has made some canal barges with garbage in it and has been very kind to allow me to use them on this lot ... and they are timed as well, which means sometimes you see it at the dock, but sometimes you don't.

Here are the shots:

RippleJet

Love the dirt, the garbage, the trash, the slime, the... realism for devoted players! :thumbsup:

Andreas

This is a beautiful lot (as beautiful as trash can get :D ), and it adds so much realism to the game. Apparently, the owner makes quite some money with his trashy business, otherwise, I couldn't explain the expensive-looking Corvette that is parked next to the shed. ;)
Andreas

rooker1

That looks great.  I love lots like these.  The dirtier the better.  And the corvette, nice touch.  Maybe it's the Mafia..... 8)

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

vester

Serkanner

Quote from: vester on September 28, 2007, 09:21:57 AM
Is that truck timeprops ?

The blue truck is a timed prop from Simgoober. he has used it for the Hardun Coal Powerplant for instance. I lik this one so much I just had to use it.

The Corvette is part of a prop family and I just might have picked a rather high wealth one ... but as we all know garbage is a dirty business  :P

Pat

intrestring work here on that garbage dump Serkanner.  Who's rail spurs are you using btw?
LOL yea garbage is dirty money lol just ask mike rowe from dirty jobs

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Serkanner

Quote from: patfirefghtr on September 28, 2007, 10:06:02 AM
intrestring work here on that garbage dump Serkanner.  Who's rail spurs are you using btw?
LOL yea garbage is dirty money lol just ask mike rowe from dirty jobs

The rail spurs are by North Country Dude.

Antoine

mickebear

I never thought trash would look so exquisite, but it really does, well done with posititioning of the props  :thumbsup:

Serkanner

For those who want to know. This lot is now available exclusively on our very own Exchange.

The only thing you have to do is CLICK!

Enjoy ... and if you encounter any problems please post here in this topic.

Pat

&apls :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup:
Well Serkanner since this lot came from you id have to say there should be no problems at all M8 seeing as you took the time to make a great lot....  You are so right when you said that we should already have those dependency's i know i do at least have them all.. - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie