• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tag_one's Place

Started by tag_one, January 26, 2007, 01:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

sweeeet Tag_One these relotts are looking great.... Very good job on them  &apls &apls :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tag_one

Patfirefghtr Thanks, The release of pack one is this weekend. Maybe pack two will also be released, but that depends on when I hear something from the beta testers.

This is something new I'm working on:

I'll hope I don't need to explain what it is :D

Pat

LoL tag nope not on my end at least.... That is some great news, Hopefully the testers will "git r done" lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

That is looking really nice, tag_one! :thumbsup:

tag_one

Pat Thanks, both packs and two little presents are on the LEX now.  :)

Bat Thanks, I'll change the roof textures because they're not very nice. It should be ready next week and uploaded by the end of this month :)

Pat

Tag thank you soooo much  :thumbsup: &apls &apls

tag_one

Good day to you all, finally my Christmas holiday's started so I've some time to play the game again. Last weeks ware very hectic with homework and stuff, so there's no progress on my shed. I tested it in game and saw that the doors where to small for a truck  :angrymore:. Instead of finishing it I started to BAT another building. It's a large commercial W2W mall. It's now about 4x2 tiles.
Here's a picture of what I've made so far. I still need to finish the roof (including HVAC and stuff), the interior and the night lights.  :satisfied:

If you ever bin to Utrecht, you might recognize its shape  ;)

Nealos101

Well, so long as you are going to add a few things to that interoir I'd say I looks very nice indeed! Unlucky about the shed (Sorry but I really am going to ask - What is the purpose of it? ?=mad)= )

tag_one

Nealos101, Thanks! The shed was meant to be an I-m building for logistic purposes. It's not really doomed yet. Maybe I'll have a look at it tomorrow or whenever I've time.

Today I finished most of the mall. The roof is ready and all the textures are final. I'll only have to add the night lights and some other minor things. Here's an update. Please tell me what you think

:)

Nealos101

It appears you have a reflection error my freind; are those mullions and transomes supposed to be reflecting as well? Other than that very nice indeed...

tag_one

Merry Christmas folks  ;D

I've removed the reflection as it was demanding a lot of render time. Here's the almost final result.

Suggestions to make the building look nicer are more than welcome :)

sebes

It's LaVie right? I had to look twice because you only made the facade !
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

tag_one

^^ yep it's LaVie. I didn't made a replica of it because I've some bad memories with batting replica's. Instead of that I took the most important shapes of the building and Batted my own version :)

Yesterday graped my industrial shed and changed it a bit to make it look better in SC4. Here're some pics to show you how in looks in game. There're still some annoying lightleaks and the overhead door in the center need some more work, somehow it looks hideous now. Anyway here are the pics, enjoy :)

sebes

It's very nice. I have a suggestion though: can you put the bat right on both sides of the lot? That way you can place some together to create a very big transport warehouse company  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

capo

No Tag_One, it does not look hideous at all! It looks great actually. As you know we have many of these types of industry where we live, so I like what I see. How many jobs do you plan to give this lot and are there plans to make a bigger version of this with more 'doors' and possibly trucks? The yellow does strike out a lot, I don't know if it's possible but perhaps a more shady yellow would do the lot more justice.

(Last days I've been rebuilding my plug-ins folder to change to modern times, one thing I noticed is that I don't have enough Tag_One buildings :D... No pressure! )

edit: I like sebes his idea about the lot to make bigger lots with combining these.

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

ky72x

Very nice work, Tag_One!  Great to see this back in the pipeline.  Sebes's idea of creating a large warehousing complex sounds very cool, I like it!  ;D

Even if you do not decide to do that, I will still definitely be pleased as long as there's some appropriate industrial props, such as jestarr's trucks, placed on the lot.  Obviously you aren't quite to that stage yet, but hey, why not start brainstorming now?  :P

Keep it up, can't wait to see more of this!  :thumbsup:

- Kyle

Nealos101

Brilliant my freind, that BAT is coming along very nicely!

I assume that isn't the lot it's going to be put upon, becuase I have seen many makeshift frame buildings like these across england in multiple Units surrounding car parks and such. Just a pre-lotting and perhaps aternative design suggestion...?

Neal.

tag_one

Happy new year everyone! That 2008 might be a great and productive year :D
I'll hope that everyone enjoyed the firework and the party.  ;)

Sebes Thanks for the suggestion. I've made the building a bit bigger with the scale function in Max. The building is now exactly 32 meter wide.

Capo Thanks, well the door in the center and the text above it are a bit blurry in the render. Now that I've increased the size of the building a bit it looked way better in the preview. When I'm finished with writing I'll export it again to check if it still looks great in SC4 :)
I agree with you about the yellow. It's clearly 'visible' in the mostly grey and depressing looking I-m area's. I'll make the yellow a bit more weathered so that it fits better in the game.

ky72x I'm glad you like it. Don't worry about the look of the lot, this is just a ploppable testlot to see how the building looks ingame. The real lot will of course have some props and another size. I was thinking about two versions: a 3x4 and a 3x3. Maybe I'll end up with some more variations, especially when I'm making a large warehouse :)

Nealos101 Many thanks. Like I've said to ky72x this is just a lot to see how the building looks ingame. I'll try to finish the building this afternoon, than I'll also post some pictures of the real lot (If it has grown of course) 

spa

tag_one

^^ Thanks Samuel :)

This afternoon I've exported the building again and found out that the central overhead door still looks blurry. I guess I'll have to take some radical solutions over there ?$%kar&%h
Apart from that I've also started to lot. I now have a 3x3 and a 3x4. Both of them are stage 3 with about 150 jobs. Here are some pics.
And yes I deliberately placed the truck on the sidewalk, hope you like it :D

You can ignore the 1x1 lots around the lot. They're not part of this building...