• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAL's BAT Cave

Started by callagrafx, February 03, 2007, 02:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

Been having a bit of a BAT day....Thought I might continue with some waterfront stuff.  Next up is a Lifeboat Station.  Not sure about the nightlights as yet and need to play with the ramp textures and model some preservers, oh and a Rib for the dock...On with the show:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Glenni

:o
Wow, nice lifeboat station!
Anyway the textures are very good, especially the stains and such down at water level. :thumbsup:

But i take it  you are going to darken that white wood a bit right?

derek_pearce

*puts on a batman suit and stumbles in "oh my im in the wrong cave lol " nice lifeboat thingy looks cool.
Signature comming soon

jeronij

Excellent start Cal  &apls !!!

I really like the model. This one goes with yout docks set...right ?¿

You are right about the lights needing a bit more work  ::) , but I am sure you will  master it  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

callagrafx

Oh yeah, those lights have SOOOO changed...I hope they will fit in, although I'll probably have to make a new deck piece for the OEH WFK to incorporate it.  That'll be an option, but also as a standalone so people aren't tied to using my waterfronts.

Glenni, British Lifeboatmen keep their stations clean  :D :D  But i will be adjusting the texture for sure, to more represent the screenie from GMAX.

Derek, you need to see someone about this obsession with men in rubber outfits
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Frankie

Looks great! nicely detailed model  ;D And the textures compliment it well  :thumbsup:

hehehe not to mention the perfect name for a BAT thread, lol.

callagrafx

Quick update with new texturing/nightlighting

bat

wonderful BAT and textures! :thumbsup:

jeronij

The lights are looking much better now.
Still two suggestions for them  ;) :
Decrease a little bit the intensity
and
well, I have to admit that I have never been in a real english harbour....but I would try to use another colour for the light...maybe more "yellowish". This would make it look more "older".

Of course just my suggestions. The overall model is outstanding  &apls
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jacqulina

well lee another awesome bat,i love it,excellent work and the details are amazing &apls :thumbsup:

callagrafx

Thanks guys...OK, here are some ingame shots.  I need to re-render the model slightly more offset to avoid the water bug (as is present here) and I will  be making a bigger LOT with more of a complex.  It will dig to the waterline to conform to PEG CDK, CSX WFK and my OEH waterfront sets.

derek_pearce

wow looks good nice bat cal its definatly gonna be on my to download list
Signature comming soon

Serkanner

How are they getting the boat back up there again?

Excellent BAT btw.

Glenni

think they use chains... or ropes allthough i don't know quite, anyway i love that! Will be 'waitin for it ;D

Gaston

This is gonna make a great addition to anyones water-front.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

callagrafx

Quote from: Serkanner on February 04, 2007, 11:06:16 AM
How are they getting the boat back up there again?

Excellent BAT btw.
Glenni's right, it gets winched up...there are grooves in the ramp that match the hulls of the boats, so it doesn't fall off.  The model is complete and now I'm playing with the LOT...the station itself will be an overhanging prop but the LOT will act as a Firestation, without spawning fire engines..so it'll have a positive effect on safety.  It may distort fire coverage though, so I'm tempted to add as small firestation to the LOT, that DOES spawn...but I'll get advice on that.

I was going to tie it into my OEH stuff, but it may be better as a standalone that just blends in without requiring the harbour itself.

jeronij

This renders looks excellent. I like the contrast between the different textures  ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

fantastic ingame pictures of your lifeboat station! :thumbsup:

jacqulina

beautifull work and looking great ingame

callagrafx

Made some headway today (to pinch a nautical term  ;D )