• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

vonderfull vorks of vil

Started by vil, February 18, 2007, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vil

Well lets start from the beginning. Three years ago it suddenly became possible to make your own buildings. So i started to make the first building my eyes fell on, which happened to be the one across the road at the time. It took a year to make and helped me meet a nice group of people.

Serkanner

Vonderfull vorks of vil ....  :D  ... brilliant, just as your creations.

vil

And then, not having an enormous amount of artistic invention, i turned to the building i happened to be sitting in. Took a couple of months to finish but really it asked more questions than it gave answers. A 19th century european school that can be plopped was sort of OK but old euro residential buildings just dont fit into the original game no matter what optics you try to apply. So i didnt feel much like publishing until i got things figured out properly.

BarbyW

Excellent, Vil. Please get ready to publish these and also your secret project. :-X
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

vester

a secret project ..?

ahh that one.

Great vork Wil. Lowe them.

vil

Mmmm theres a Dutch special coming and the only "secret" about it is that i only learned to make farms yesterday.

Back to the sequence, sort of. I managed to start one more city building, which in the end, took more than a year to finish. It is now, but since it needs one more building to complete a lot, this remains a work in progress. I also decided to drop czech names and not wanting to attempt too much humour in english, after the elementary school and what shall now be known as "Coldstone Apartments" comes "The Two Lions Building".

vil

Then, the inevitable happened, we moved out of town and suddenly i had a new building to sit in and model... im a bit boring and predictable, you know. These got called Ludwigs Recluse, Adalberts Home and Johns Villa, ordered by wealth level.

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

vil

Playing around with Gascookers stuff - still trying to figure out how to set up "european" city growth - i found i needed a few corner buildings. Part one of a set of three is The Royal Pavilion Shop, part 2 of said opus will be the "Copenhagen bank", or, possibly the "Copenhagen Building Society" and part 3 the "Brighton Hotel" which i hope to make up a better name for before its finished. So this is part 1.

vil

This is my latest distraction, mostly wouanagaines fault really, so far its a stage 2 farm, i have a bit of inspiration for another stage 3 farm (with tulip fields and a better parking lot and glass house) and misty ideas about a ploppable landmark version of some sort. I think i rushed the portable loos a bit. Are there any good ones floating around?

Oh yea its secret, that should arouse some interest  :satisfied:

wouanagaine

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
But you should put a gif or flash instead of a static pic  ;)

And let's face it, it is not my fault, it is jeroni's one :p

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

metasmurf

Awesome stuff, all of it  &apls Can't wait for the release :)

Schulmanator

You have some great ideas here! I would be proud to have those buildings in my city.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Couchpotato

You need to show the true potential of your windmill Vil..
It's awesome.   &apls &apls &apls

mattb325

Vil, there is great stuff here! Thanks for showing us all of this  :)

DuskTrooper

Zo, ven do ve get a chance to enter ze vonderful vorld of vil?  :P
Great stuff!  I particularly like the W2W school, with the red roof.  The windows are a tad pale, IMHO.

Keep up ze good vork! :thumbsup:
SC4, forevermore!

vil

Zat iz ze million dollar qestion! My aim is ASAP but i need a bit of help and right now have no easy way of getting it...

Good point with the windows, notice the later windows are darker - cant go back it was done in gmax and i dont think i could live through a gmax render of a large building. 

BTW the red roofed thing is residential. The school (top) is the only one thats published. I will put them up on LEX as soon as a pack is ready with the models and then release the lots as they get done and tested.

The farm is set up to be fairly slope friendly but not grow on a big slope.

Not sure what i should shoot for with the farm stats and need to find those tulip fields.

bat

All buildings are looking great! :thumbsup:

villaV

All your bat is nice :thumbsup:, but it's the windMill's, i prefer, it's very lovely  ::)
Villavicencio_Colombia

Zaphod

I really like the little houses

War Kittens !?