• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BLS Barby's Lot Studio

Started by BarbyW, February 24, 2007, 03:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimcar

Ok thanks for the answer . I knew that i never saw this building  ;D

BarbyW

You will in the fullness of time :thumbsup:
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

JBSimio

"...in the fullness of time."

Great phrase!  I've got to start using that one more often.  (sorry... I'm a sucker for "forgotten" words and speach patterns)

Back on topic... very nice parks!  I don't know anyone that can get more variety out of a park than you can.   &apls

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Fred_Ginger

Yea! Oh Great and Glorious Goddess, I love what you did with Lee's Hotel! &apls &apls &apls :thumbsup:
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

spa

Back off topic, "fullnes of time" was a constant gag on the British comedy Yes Minister. When the Minister or his permanent secretary wanted to be non-commital about doing something it was always "in the fullness of time." Oh and the parks look good Barby  :)

mattb325

'Yes, Minister' (and later, Yes Prime Minister), now that brings back some memories of Humphrey's linguistic creative inertia!

As for the object in question: I dare say that the creator of the said, and as yet, un-named building shall, in the fullness of time, release a Final Communiqué to assuage the curiosity so rightly piqued in so many of the viewers of this topic. Anything less would be allowing inconclusive information to which we are not yet privvy to be disseminated without having gone through the appropriate channels; and as well you know, this is a highly discouraged practice.

Oh, and back on topic, the parks and St Davids are really fantastic work! I always find myslef using the 2x2 pieces in park design &apls

Yoder7652

Quote from: mattb325 on February 26, 2007, 05:40:14 PM
As for the object in question: I dare say that the creator of the said, and as yet, un-named building shall, in the fullness of time, release a Final Communiqué to assuage the curiosity so rightly piqued in so many of the viewers of this topic. Anything less would be allowing inconclusive information to which we are not yet privvy to be disseminated without having gone through the appropriate channels; and as well you know, this is a highly discouraged practice.

:P Actually, I don't mind if someone else lets the cat out of the bag!  :D But I'll do it since so many have asked about it...The structure in question is the Millennium Dome of London. I built this awhile ago to compliment the London Eye (just took me awhile to get around to rendering it). Barby is doing the modding and has lotted two versions, one that fits with the park series and another that fits with SimGoober's canal system. This should make its way to LEX shortly...hopefully  ;D so stay tuned!

Fred_Ginger

My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Diggis

My god Matt.  Thats a serious phrase. 

BarbyW

As Yoder has told you what the building is, I'll show you some pictures:

The park version and the London Eye.
Day:

Night:

The canals version:

And, Matt, are you sure you didn't write the scripts for Yes, Minister? ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

vab423

If it rotated, it would look like Gaston's avatar.  :D  Gosh, one of these days I'll have to finish putting my plugins back together.  I still haven't gotten to the BSC holiday stuff.   :sunny:  (dang, Jeronij has some fun smilies)  Nice work, Barby and Yoder.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

Diggis

That is seriously cool.  My sister sent my parents a gift from the dome.  It was a china model of the dome, with pencils for the... ummm..... what ever they are.  Had to be one of the weirdest souviners I've seen.  But now I get it.

Yoder7652

the yellow poles are to support the roof...using pencils is sortof cleaver. My first version of this actually had ALL of the accompanying support wires, but when I rendered it the first time I decided to get rid of them. They were very small (in terms of Gmax meshing) but they showed up huge on the rendered model...making a large white blur above the dome. Ahhh, SC4 never did like detail  $%Grinno$%

M4346

Ironically I was searching the STEX for the Dome about a day or two ago, and, in good Yoder and Barby fashion...

BAM!!!

Here it is, ready to be unleashed upon the unsuspecting devotees here at SC4D!

It looks fabulous, and I am glad, no, over-joyed to see this having been done.

Although, from my understanding, the RL Dome is facing a bit of trouble... Oh well, no reason for it not to live on in grandeur in SC4, thanks to Yoder!  &apls &apls &apls

Great work with the Lot too Goddess!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jmyers2043

What caught my eye were the large round grass areas that the trees are sitting in. Rather than using the Maxis Dirt Circle. The lot compliments the building. Thanks for the sneak peak.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

kimcar

:thumbsup: Thanks for the pics. This is an awesome bat you have done Yoder . Very great one. &apls &apls &apls

bat

wonderful pictures! The London Eye looks very nice!  :thumbsup: and great building!

Diggis

Quote from: Yoder7652 on February 27, 2007, 05:27:55 AM
the yellow poles are to support the roof...using pencils is sortof cleaver. My first version of this actually had ALL of the accompanying support wires, but when I rendered it the first time I decided to get rid of them. They were very small (in terms of Gmax meshing) but they showed up huge on the rendered model...making a large white blur above the dome. Ahhh, SC4 never did like detail  $%Grinno$%

Support the roof?  The look like they are a little longer than necessary.  Probably someone scaled a dimension wrong on the drawing.

Client: Why are they so big?
Arch: Those... umm... design feature, form follows function and all that... yeah

Later that same day,

Arch: What the hell happened here!?!
Drafty: Ummm yeah... sorry I dimensioned that at 1:100 instead of 1:400, my bad.  Looks interesting though

Cali

im sorry i haven't gotten to comment on your stuff, but everything looks beautiful, you defietly know how to work LE. thank you for sharing :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Gaston

You know vab423, you are right.    If it spun it would look like my avatar.   LMAO      Isn't that the builbing in that James Bond movie from a few years ago?    ()what()

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09