• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Land of Desera

Started by nedalezz, February 01, 2010, 09:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedalezz

Replies

kwakelaar: I plan on utilising those constructions lots ALOT. I love them to death!
CrossSide: Thanks, the houses I believe are called Cresswell (or something like that), they are R$ houses made by the great Matt325.
Albus of Garaway: I have tried several palm tree blockers, none of them seem to work, I dont know why :(
canyonjumper: Thanks for commenting :)
BattleCat: Nice and easy is the name of the game, gonna take things slowly and realistically.
rooker1: The story will get more complex as the city grows, Im sure ;)

Ok, for todays teaser, I will show the growth of Cedar, starting with the first update and culminating with the last! Enjoy!

Battlecat

Very cool to see all the growth lined up like this.  This really is a beautiful little town. 

bat

Tomas Neto

I'm liking the development of the city, is being really cool!!!  :thumbsup:

nedalezz

The State of Nesara: Update Eight

Population: 670

Completed Projects: Bank of Nesara (Country Road),

Developing Projects: Intersection Street

The major headline was the completion of the Bank of Nesara, which was operational, employing 24 people. The head of the bank was Johann Nords, a former resident of Denver, Colorado, who reported directly to the Nesara Council, although the council had promised he would be given near free reign to do as he saw fit with the Bank of Nesara board. Their immediate concerns were to find investment opportunities for the council, as well as begin private banking for the locals. The Bank of Nesara, upon completion, cost the council $445,000.

The paving of Intersection Street began thanks to an allocated sum from the Nesara Council, and would stretch south to the last house being constructed. Several off-roads were also planned for paving, although the council re-iterated that it lacked the funds to begin doing so immediately.

rooker1

Wonderful area and great use of dirt roads.
I wonder if someone could make a modd so that trees and cars are along side the dirt roads.  In this case here I think it would look really nice.  But I guess when you go into the farming areas it wouldn't work out so nice.  $%Grinno$%

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

Great little update!  Nice building choice for the bank.

bat

Update 8 is great! Looking forward to the next... ;)

canyonjumper

Great update! Where did you get the bank building?

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

nedalezz

Replies

canyonjumper: The bank building is called Towbridge and is made by Tonkso. I found it on the STEX.
bat: Thanks, and thanks for stopping by and commenting.
Battlecat: Yeah, I liked the way it fit too, although Im not completely satisfied with the parking.
rooker1: Hehe, well thankfully I am not planning much in the way of agricultural land (maybe a little). But I think the dirt roads really add character to the town and maybe a touch of realism as well.
Tomas Neto: Thanks!

The teaser for today is the comparison between Update Seven aerial view and Update Eight. Enjoy!

Battlecat

Tomas Neto

I'll stay accompanying the growth of your city with great expectation!!!  :thumbsup:

bat

nedalezz

The State of Nesara: Update Nine

Population: 806

Completed Projects: Intersection Street

Developing Projects: Cedar State School

The paving of Intersection Street was completed up to the very last house, and the Nesara Council promised the continuation of the street in the short term future to continue the expansion of the town southwards. The completion of Intersection Street also coincided with an increase in the price of a single plot (10x10m) from $1,000 to $1,500 for all plots situated on Country Road (within a 2 mile radius of central Cedar) and Intersection Street. Other plots were still being sold for $1,000.

Intersection Street upon completion.

After a recent poll among the residents of Cedar done by the council to identify the most pressing needs of the town, it was concluded that the people most desired two things: a school for their children, and a health facility. The council subsequently allocated immediate funding for a school that would handle all grades up to 12th grade. Land was set aside just south of the central Cedar for the project, estimated to cost just over $500,000.

The site of the new school.

Aerial shot of Cedar.

Battlecat

Love the update, the street trees really looks great!  Good to see a school is finally in place.

marsh

Looks great as always! A school should realy be good for this small town.

penguin007

Lovely development here really interesting seeing it stage by stage

Will

Tomas Neto

I think very cool to see your city grow in the middle of this forest!!! Another awesome update my friend!!!  :thumbsup:

nedalezz

Replies

Tomas Neto: The forest around the town is slowly being brought down, but not to worry, the entire region of Nesara is forest! (Almost)
penguin007: Same can be said about your fantastic MD. When are you going to bless us with another update!?
marsh: Yeah, the school was one of the major pressing issues for the locals, and they got their wish!
Battlecat: The streets trees are the JRJ Street Tree mod I believe. Great stuff if you ask me!
bat: Thanks! And thank you for commenting :)

The State of Nesara: Update Ten

Population: 925

Completed Projects: Cedar State School ; Showtime Theater

Developing Projects: Intersection Street (Heading North)

The Nesara State School, costing just over $500,000 upon completion, has become the second largest employer in Cedar after the Cedar Power Plant, with 38 total employees. It has a maximum capacity of 400 students, more than enough for Cedar. Expected enrollment was at around 225 students for all grades. The Nesara Council also concluded that each student, regardless of the grade, would have to pay $1,000 as a tuition fee, in addition to the books fee, which would vary according to grade. While the decision to charge for tuition was met with disappointment from the Cedarians, the council stated that without doing so, there was no way the school would be able to fund itself due to lack of funds available from the council itself. The Nesara Council was slated to make almost $350,000 when totaling all payments made for each student, almost recouping its initial investment in a year's time. There was also no doubt that the council would only allocate a percentage of the money made from the Cedar State School for the school itself; the rest would be put in the council coffers for presumably other projects.

The Cedar State School.

The newest business that became operational in Cedar was the Showtime Theater. The two-screen cinema was opened by Ian Vinks, a former small-time film producer in LA who had moved to Cedar for a quieter life. He had decided to open a business that was related to his love of film, and the Showtime Theater quickly became the spot to be in town during the weekend, or any week night for that matter. With a full capacity of 200 people, and each movie showing twice a day during weekdays, with 10:30 PM movies also on Fridays and Saturdays.

The Showtime Theater.

The Cedar Market, owned by Jim Calhoun, was now selling close to $1,000 a day due to the increase in population. As the only source of groceries in town, as well as other household goods, the Cedar Market was running high profits as expense was less than anticipated. Calhoun originally thought it would have about $8,000 running expenses a month, but the figure was more in the range of $6,000. Given that he was selling just about $30,000 a month, he was making around $5,000 net profit at the end of every month. His land, which he had bought for $6,000, was now worth $9,000.

The Cedar Market.

Every single household in Cedar had opened up an account in the Bank of Nesara, meaning plenty of money to invest in for the Nesara Council. It was also giving back to the people of Cedar, with very favorable loan rates for anyone who wanted to open up a business, buy land, or build a house.

The Bank of Nesara.

Aerial shot of Cedar.

canyonjumper

Great update, nedalezz! Excellent work!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.