• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cascadia: A Light in the Pacific (Mar. 1, 2012)

Started by canyonjumper, December 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanami

greckman

Nice job on the canals and the NWM, mr jordan.  :thumbsup:

-greck
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

canyonjumper

Just popping in to say that you can download my Park Set here :thumbsup:

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

canyonjumper

Oh no... So many replies.... Maybe I shouldn't have delayed them so long  &mmm

Quote from: i_love_lamp on May 07, 2010, 02:20:45 PM
WHAT! The US gets it's ass kicked!  :bomb:
Well, i guess i COULD still read this

Well, y'know, I'm Canadian...  Of course you can still read this :P I'm not totally anti-American. And FYI, the US didn't get pwned, it had another Civil War.

Quote from: marsh on May 07, 2010, 02:40:01 PM
I like that river. :thumbsup:  Im assuming that people of the township planted those flowers, since it would be near impossible to find those naturaly  ??? .....  :P

Thanks marshy! And yes, they did, as part of a rural renewal project.

Quote from: Kevin1a on May 07, 2010, 11:17:32 PM
I didn't even notice the flowers at first.  There is so much detail, that you notice new things the longer you stare.  They look good, and I like the way the town is kind of rounded.  A lot of my developments suffer from a square look reminiscent of rapid growth, rather than the rounded look of a small town that has slowly chewed away at the edge of the forest for a number of years.  Also, that railway station is one of my favorites.  It's also present in my city, though it will be at least one or two more updates before my overview reaches that point.  May I ask where you got the two track leading up to the windmill?  Is it transit enabled?  It just happens to look a lot like the farm roads near my grandmothers house in Germany.  That white beach is very pristine looking I wouldn't mind having a campfire out there one day, and maybe camping on the beach for a day.  Anyone want to bat my tent? :D Haha.

Thanks Kevin! No, those paths aren't TE'd, and they are somewhere on the LEX. I'm rather pressed for time ATM, so I'll PM you when I have the link, unless someone beats me to the punch :P

Quote from: Battlecat on May 10, 2010, 09:59:47 AM
Great stuff in the last few updates!  Nice job on the zoom 4 mosaic! 

Thanks BC!

Quote from: 976 on May 11, 2010, 08:33:14 PM
Nice rural area! I like the farm!

Thanks!

Quote from: marsh on May 13, 2010, 07:14:17 PM
Thats great man! interesting  ;)

Yes it is :P Unfortunately I haven't updated it in awhile, I've been so busy with CSGforums.

Quote from: kwakelaar on May 16, 2010, 01:32:18 AM
Very sorry to hear about your computer problems, hopefully we will see Cascadia rise again.

No worries ;D It's back!

Quote from: art128 on May 16, 2010, 01:39:30 AM
A nice interchange there, Jordan !
I'm sorry to hear about the lost of your SC4 files.. But luckily you've made a back-up recently. (this reminds me to make a back-up too.. )

Arthur. :thumbsup:

Nice to see my mistakes made a difference :P Thanks Arthur!

Quote from: RickD on May 17, 2010, 02:26:42 AM
Sorry to hear that. But good you have a backup.  :thumbsup: Waiting for the next update ...  :)

Thanks Raphael!

Quote from: Tomas Neto on May 17, 2010, 05:31:05 PM
This wonderful series, "Best Of Cascadia", is amazingly fantastic!!! I'm truly speechless!!!   &apls &apls &apls

Awesome work my friend!!!

Thanks Tomas! This is a great compliment coming from you, the master of mosaics!

Quote from: ecoba on May 17, 2010, 05:34:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your computer problems, Jordan. Hope you get it sorted out soon, and I know that your redux will be better than ever!

Ethan  :)

Thanks Ethan!

Quote from: Kevin1a on May 17, 2010, 10:15:53 PM
I'm in the process of building a new installation too.  I didn't lose my old one, but it is cluttered, and I want to play on my netbook.  I am still going to continue my current region on my MD on my desktop, but I will probably be playing mostly on my netbook.  I have spent almost a week now putting together the perfect setup with tons of custom content and all the different mods that I have been too lazy to download in the past.  Good luck with your recovery, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Nice to know Kevin! Thanks!

Quote from: 976 on May 19, 2010, 09:58:30 PM
Aww, sorry to hear your comp down.

Thanks.

Quote from: io_bg on May 31, 2010, 10:30:18 PM
Fantastic teaser, Jordan! Great use of the TULEP and the NWM! :thumbsup:

Thanks Ioan!

Quote from: Tomas Neto on June 01, 2010, 03:29:50 AM
Wow Jordan, my friend, really awesome teaser!!!   &apls
I'll be here for see the conclusion in the next update!!!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Tomas!

Quote from: ecoba on June 01, 2010, 05:43:57 AM
Wow, great teaser here, Jordan. Glad that you've been able to get SC4 up and running again, can't wait to see more of the new Cascadia. :)

Ethan

Thanks Ethan!! More is coming ;D

Quote from: sumwonyuno on June 02, 2010, 02:47:06 AM
Heh, I think you're implying you got your computer back up and running.   :thumbsup:

lol, yes indeed ;D

Quote from: 976 on June 02, 2010, 11:01:15 PM
Nice teaser!

Thanks!

Quote from: greckman on June 13, 2010, 06:50:40 AM
Nice job on the canals and the NWM, mr jordan.  :thumbsup:

-greck

Hey greck! Nice to see you over here as well! For anyone who doesn't know, greck and I are fellow staff members on CSGforums. Thanks for the comment! ;D

Teaser: More From Ladner

Here's what you've all been waiting for; more pics :P

(click for full)

More soon, I hope to have a full update sometime in the next few weeks, but RL has been unpredictable. But I get out of school on Monday (21 June), so I will have lots of free time! ;D

Featured CC

Your friend,
                                   Jordan :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

Wow, Jordan, my friend!!! Fantastic city, really awesome work!!!  &apls &apls

slinkyhead

Nice (first MD I've ever commented on so you shoud be proud!).  Has a fantasitic downtown feel to it, very clean but extremely realistic.  What parks do you use? Referring to the footpaths lining to canal, I think they are the Jeronji trails but they seem slightly different.

greckman

Jordan, i've always thought you had the best pictures. You always have such amazing cities and pictures and they just keep getting better. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

your friend, greg  ;D

edit: rewrote a sentence
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

sumwonyuno

Great urban area!   :)  The NWM roadways look great, though, they'd look excellent with roadway traffic.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Nego

I'd definitely live in Ladner. Great teaser. I can't wait for more!

:)

ecoba

Wow, great work, Jordan. The canals in this city are an interesting feature. The buildings are quite tall though; intimidating.  :)

Ethan

canyonjumper

Quote from: Tomas Neto on June 18, 2010, 07:41:04 AM
Wow, Jordan, my friend!!! Fantastic city, really awesome work!!!  &apls &apls

Thanks Tomas!

Quote from: slinkyhead on June 18, 2010, 07:59:28 AM
Nice (first MD I've ever commented on so you shoud be proud!).  Has a fantasitic downtown feel to it, very clean but extremely realistic.  What parks do you use? Referring to the footpaths lining to canal, I think they are the Jeronji trails but they seem slightly different.

Really? Well, I feel proud then ;D Here are those trails you wanted. [linkie]

Quote from: greckman on June 18, 2010, 08:39:11 AM
Jordan, i've always thought you had the best pictures. You always have such amazing cities and pictures and they just keep getting better. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

your friend, greg  ;D

edit: rewrote a sentence

Thanks Greg!

Quote from: sumwonyuno on June 18, 2010, 09:09:39 PM
Great urban area!   :)  The NWM roadways look great, though, they'd look excellent with roadway traffic.

Ah, whatever :P I had to think of an excuse for not having traffic. I thought of it as I wrote ;D

Quote from: Nego on June 19, 2010, 09:38:34 AM
I'd definitely live in Ladner. Great teaser. I can't wait for more!

:)

Thanks Nego!

Quote from: ecoba on June 19, 2010, 05:46:04 PM
Wow, great work, Jordan. The canals in this city are an interesting feature. The buildings are quite tall though; intimidating.  :)

Ethan

Thanks Ethan! Buildings in Ladner don't have a height limit, so they can be as intimidating as they want ;D

Well, it's been a long time since the last full update (May 2nd), I've been busy in the last few weeks, what with being an admin on CSGforums, and the aftermath of the death of my grandfather, and yet another death in the family, my great-grandfather, both on my mom's side. So my mom's been a bit moody lately, and I've had to tread lightly, limiting my SC4 time in order to do stuff while she was away. And on top of all this are my exams. My last full day of school is Monday (June 21) and I have a Science exam on Friday (June 25).

So in the last few days, we've gotten new flooring, and in the shuffling of things, our internet got disabled. So I've been working on stuff without the distraction of CSGchat, and I got so much done :P So early yesterday, I got internet back so I uploaded Volume Two of my Park Set. During yet another internet spazz period, I played SC4 and finished of the Ladner tile, and now here I am, with enough pics for a full update ;D

This time around, I labeled the major roads and highways this time around, along with the canal system. Lemme know what you think! Should I keep labeling? Or is to too much?

Ok, enough of me going on about my life, time for the meat of this update, the actual pics ;D You may notice all the NWM and NAM stuff. I am addicted to it. Every city I've made so far has used the NWM ;D Ok, pics now :P

23-01
Yes, it's this pic again ;D IMHO it's my favourite pic out of all these. Intersection of the Crowsnest Highway (BC Prov. Hwy 3), and TransCascadia Highway (Nat'l Hwy 1). Gotta love the NWM and TuLEPS ;D

23-02
This is the Ladner City Hall, with the Regional Library beside it on the left.

23-03
This is where Ladner gets all its power from. I had a larger version of the power plant, but decided to switch it for the compact one.

23-04
Here's a shot of Ladner Regional, the only hospital for 50 km. A small W2W section in the lower left-hand corner was a late addition to the area.

23-05
Stephenson St and 3rd Ave. This is a busy area usually, but most of the people aren't in Ladner. They're all the neighbouring city of Kitsilano, attending one of thirteen simultaneous events, which include 7 concerts, sporting events, and rides.

23-06
Ladner Marina. Again, this is usually a very busy area, and I'm guessing the straggler boat is on his way to one of the many after-event bar parties in Kitsilano.

23-07
Canyon Park and La Mirage, two highlights of this area of town.

23-08
The Jordan Gallery, a very popular destination for artists and art-lovers alike. A city landmark since 1949, when the first masterpieces were hung.

23-09
Another shot of the Tohose Canal and the accompanying canalwalk.

23-10
Another shot of Hwy 3 and Hwy 1.

23-11
The tallest buildings in Ladner, situated in the centre of the downtown core.

23-12
This intersection serves as the boundary between Ladner and Kitsilano. Most of the shoppers are coming from the suburbs of Kitsilano.

23-13
The Judicial Courts have additional offices in this building.

23-14
Another shot of the shopping area.

23-15
The downtown again.

23-16
Waterfront Avenue becomes Waterfront Street here, and the underground rail line, the GroundTrain, begins at this station.

23-17
One last shot of the area around Canal Street.

I hope you enjoyed this update, and the extra little things I put into it. Again, I apologize for the long delay between updates, but with the summer so close that I can taste it, I imagine I will have a fair few updates over the coming months. I have a French exam on Monday, so I'll be studying for that, along with the Science exam on Friday. Well, that's it from me. I'll be back sometime within the next few months, and I look forward to reading all your comments ;D

Featured CC
[/size][/font]

Your friend,
                                                Jordan
:thumbsup:

ecoba

Looks great, Jordan, you certainly have had a lot going on in your life recently. The cities look really good, and the NAM stuff certainly is well showcased in your work.

There are a lot of parks in this city too, that and the canal seem to give it the Pacific Northwest touch, being a very green area. :)

Ethan

planetechef

Fantastic work here, i like very much your presentation with the links, awesome and usefull, your pictures are all great, nice work  :thumbsup:
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

greckman

Well, Jordan, that update certainly was worth the wait. Excellent work, my friend.

-greg

Tomas Neto

Hi Jordan, really these canals are perfect in your city! And I liked very much of the way as you built this city, you do the proportion between buildings of a very well real way!!!  Awesome work my friend!!!  &apls

kalvar

wonderful, this whole beautiful, well detailed.
it shows that you give her some time to your region. &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

RickD

Hi Jordan, I like the canals. It is great that you put labels with names of streets and places in the pictures. In my opinion you should keep it up.

I am sorry about the deaths in your family. My condolences. It hit me hard when my grandfather died.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Cyclone1001

Nice looking city, I can't wait till I can get my game working again. Then I'll try some of this.

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||