• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Quote from: Tarkus on October 14, 2008, 05:56:39 PM
Not necessarily . . . I can't say anymore than that, though . . . ::)

Oh, no.  He's doing that thing again, that thing he just loves to do.  $%Grinno$%
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

nerdly_dood

I assume I've almost always heard of the HRBT as being the "Chesapeake Bay bridge-tunnel" because it crosses the mouth of the, um, chesapeake bay. But since it is a rare type of bay crossing, instead of the Virginia Bridge-tunnel Police (or National Bridge-tunnel Law Enforcement Bureau or what-have-you) we have simply the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel Police. (CBBT police cars look like this and their website somewhat resembles this)

Please, let's keep it on topic.  Talking about the tunnel is absolutely great, particularly in the context of the RHW project, but we don't need another police vehicle diversion. ;-) -Alex
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: Tarkus on October 14, 2008, 05:56:39 PMPretty cool, I must say.
heh... you wouldn't be if you lived here!  :D Though I guess from an engineering perspective they are pretty cool...
And I usually use the Big Dig lots to make bridge-tunnels, as I've found them to be pretty similar to the HRBT entrances. But regular tunnels work too.

And nerdly_dood, there are 3 bridge tunnels here in Hampton Roads. The CBBT which crosses the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay; the HRBT which crosses Hampton Roads (the harbor), and the Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel, which crosses the mouth of the James River.

Anyway, before Alex yells at me for being off-topic, I'm looking forward to another update, and am excited about the impending release.

No worries, DTP.  You're fully within on-topic bounds.  -Alex
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

j-dub

Maybe this tunnel can be puzzle piece incorporated into this projcect, just like how the big dig tunnels once were going to be incorporated. The capability is there, and there is some stuff I can't share in words here that have been tried, but I can say maybe this tunnel project can  just go under the highway and land, like the underground heavy rail does.

xmike1991

You can actually successfully make a bridge tunnel with the Big Dig pieces, though I can't make a one way road bridge that long  &mmm
Perfectly functional.

Tarkus

Quote from: j-dub on October 14, 2008, 07:03:31 PM
Maybe this tunnel can be puzzle piece incorporated into this projcect, just like how the big dig tunnels once were going to be incorporated. The capability is there, and there is some stuff I can't share in words here that have been tried, but I can say maybe this tunnel project can  just go under the highway and land, like the underground heavy rail does.

No TE Lots needed then, either . . . which means it'd be UDI-compatible, even, as there'd be no Subway conversion needed. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

bakerton

Did I spy the release date as "Coming Soon" to Coming Very Soon, But Not To Soon". I am all hyped up about it Alex. I will be suprised when you do release RHW V.21. Keep it coming Alex. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Tarkus

Quote from: bakerton on October 14, 2008, 08:52:12 PM
Did I spy the release date as "Coming Soon" to Coming Very Soon, But Not To Soon". I am all hyped up about it Alex. I will be suprised when you do release RHW V.21. Keep it coming Alex. JKB

Heh . . . someone caught my little edit there.  Good to know people are paying attention. :D 

Well, a little update here . . . the left-exit piece (right-exit for you LHD folks) is finally in place.  The Flyovers and Draggable RHW/MIS Overpasses are a bit more stable, too.  Those are my hideous El-MIS models in there--don't worry, though, Jan (Swamper) will be working his magic on them before long. ;)

Not that anyone really needs to build a left-exit flyover to a parallel Avenue, but it's nice to know the possibility exists, I guess.

-Alex (Tarkus)

kings_niners

So are we going to be able to make turns with the RHW-8 and RHW-10 or will it only be able to go parallel and perpendicular??? I'm praying for the latter of the two :)

Streetlight 725

nice update! &apls :D :)
I see something in the picture.
I circled it.

metarvo

I always wondered if we would be able to have left exits.  This is a great addition to the RHW, Alex.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

MandelSoft

Nice work, Alex. An left hand exit and El-MIS Ramps! Good stuff for Collector-Distributor systems!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

pagenotfound

O.M.G 

You are AWESOME &apls

You have broken a HUGE limit in this whole series! Left hand exits (particularly for C/D systems) have been a dream for all the games.
Now we can do it! &apls &apls :thumbsup:
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Pat

wow just simply wow!!! Alex talk about giving us a present today, that is just so sweet there and also again Happy Birthday there!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Tarkus

Quote from: kings_niners on October 15, 2008, 01:37:45 AM
So are we going to be able to make turns with the RHW-8 and RHW-10 or will it only be able to go parallel and perpendicular??? I'm praying for the latter of the two :)

Well, the RHW-8 and 10 will probably be Orthogonal-Only in Version 21.  That functionality is planned for another update in the near future, though.

I'll hopefully be back with more stuff here in a little while . . . getting some of the remaining features in place.

The poll results are really pretty amusing after 161 votes--everyone's either an optimist or a pessimist.  :D  Do keep in mind, though . . . we like to surprise people . . . ;)

-Alex

Ryan B.

HOV-to-park & ride. 

That is all.

EDIT:  Happy Birthday, Alex!

un1

Quote from: Tarkus on October 15, 2008, 11:04:48 AM
Do keep in mind, though . . . we like to surprise people . . . ;)

-Alex

Stop saying that!  :P You are getting me impatient.  $%Grinno$%

Can't wait to see more... Or can't wait for the realese!

And.... Happy Birthday Tarkus!!!  ;D

-un1

Streetlight 725

Monorail Master

"$Deal"$ "$Deal"$ "$Deal"$Nice work. Well, Here is why there are so many bridge-tunnels in SE Virginia. The US Navy wanted them to be built. Since Norfolk, VA holds Naval Station Norfolk (East Coast's largest naval base. I know that since my dad worked on the USS Kearsarge there) and the city Virginia Beach, VA(my hometown and I think DTP moved there this year) holds 4 Naval Amphibious bases, they wanted them because of national security purposes. If the Monitor-Marrimac, The HRBT, and the CBBT was destroyed by enemies, the naval ships would still be able to move out of the Chesepeake Bay. Imagine if all of those bridge-tunnels were just regular bridges. If they got destroyed, all of the naval ships would not be able to leave the Chesepeake Bay. Now you understand why the Navy wanted VDOT to build the bridge-tunnels. ()stsfd()

Starting to verge a bit heavily on the off-topic side now . . .  -Alex
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

nerdly_dood

Oh. so there are that many bridge-tunnels around there? Maybe the Virginia State Police really should have its own bridge-tunnel division...  :D
But this is, again, getting off topic...

...so I must express my enthusiasm over the left-hand MIS exit. That is a rare occurrence around here, but it is occasionally used, such as the I-81/I-581 interchange north of Roanoke, VA - the I-581 southbound lanes begin there with a left-hand exit from I-81 southbound, and the I-581 northbound lanes end on I-81 with a left-hand entrance ramp. The northbound lanes on 81 have a right-hand exit and entrance for the northbound and southbound lanes of 581.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!