• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ploppable Fences, Hedges, and/or Walls

Started by TheOtherRick, August 19, 2013, 04:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOtherRick

I am requesting a mod for ploppable fences, hedges, and/or low walls (brick and/or stone) to hide unsightly lor edges. The photo below shows a Maxis vanilla high wealth house with a wall that does exactly what I'm looking for. The circled area shows what I am trying to hide.

There are a couple mods out there that work in a pinch, (Chris Adams' RRP Fences and Aubrac Walls), but I would really prefer something more substantial.

Thanks in advance to anyone that fills this need. :thumbsup:

Diggis

That property is designated for people who believe in Natural Selection.  It's possible to take some existing wall models and mod them to be ploppable. I'm pretty sure there is a tutorial on here for that somewhere.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vortext

Quote from: Girafe on August 19, 2013, 06:06:55 AM
VIP Aubrac's Wall MMP

Quote from: TheOtherRick on August 19, 2013, 04:38:11 AM
There are a couple mods out there that work in a pinch, (Chris Adams' RRP Fences and Aubrac Walls), but I would really prefer something more substantial.

"$Deal"$    ;D  :D

Unfortunately there aren't such ploppable walls you seek. Most of the fence & wall mmps available are geared towards a rural setting. And while it'd certainly be a welcome addition to have more urban wall as mmps it still would be quite tedious if not to say impossible to align them precisely onto the lot edge. Instead I'd suggest to learn to camouflage the edges with rocks and trees and such. My two cents.

Edit, that's not to say there's anything stopping you from making urban wall mmps yourself, just follow this tutorial and don't forget to request an ID range!  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana