• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Viceroyalty of Perseus

Started by belfastsocrates, May 17, 2014, 06:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Indeed, this sports campus looks quite world class--I can tell you really put a lot of thought and detail into every aspect of it, and having attended a university that is pretty hardcore about athletics here in the states, there's definitely something a bit familiar about it (even though some of the sports are a bit different).  It's great seeing dmscopio's classics used so well, and I also really like the way you used SAM Set 10--it works amazingly well as a sort of access/service road for a university campus.

-Alex

belfastsocrates

Many thanks for all the likes and comments for the previous update!

Final update from this city tile. This area is primarily residential with some light industrial. It's also home to the Illford Tram Depot which is of course thanks to the fantastic Gogar tram depot by Simmer

This area is immediately adjacent to the Royal Victoria Hospital site featured in a previous update.

As mentioned before, this tile now has corruption so not all images are up to my standard and I would have changed some normally.

New updates from Passau and the country's second city, Axehaven, are in the works!

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

kbieniu7

Maybe it is a bit visible that there might be some "technical" improvement, but the result is really nice, I would say  :thumbsup: I especially like this playground where you have used ploppable terrain paint - I often use it too, it's a great addition!

Btw, I've never seen before those highrises from photo 11. Could you tell where are they from, please?
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

kelis

As I said on simtropolis I like the industrial area, but now watching the rest of the pictures again I must say that the residential areas are really well done too, I like how the diferrent hights of the buildings fits perfectly together  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

belfastsocrates

I've been working on a new district within Passau, it's known as Elmfield and it's name is derived from woodland that once spanned most of the area.

The area is overwhelmingly residential but has a dense high-rise sector along the eastern edge of the district which forms part of the wider Caledon Quay business district, a former shipyard redeveloped in the 1980's and 90's. Caledon Quay is also home to the National Stadium of Perseus and the National Tennis Centre.

The area also contains some light industrial and large scale retail as well as a large riverside park.

Some teaser images below!

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

art128

Lovely teaser. Love the use of those new roundabout fillers. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

belfastsocrates

Some additional work this week on the Elmfield district of Passau and it'll include a former stately home, now a gallery and public park. Been working on the gardens and parkland around the house. Quite happy so far. The Louvre sculptures by Raymond7cn (ST) are a superb addition to the game.

belfastsocrates

A WIP shot of the south Elmfield district. This area is almost finished and features the majestic Sir Robert and Lady Jefferson Gallery and Park  as well as the Perseus National Tennis Centre, a world championship venue and national tennis training facility.

First full update should be ready within the coming week or so.