• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Watersford

Started by Diggis, April 08, 2008, 10:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

Ah. It's been a while.
That was a good one. I really like how your towns develop, and your humorous explanations for stuff (i.e. the Great God Diggis  :D)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

art128

Hello Diggis
this is the first time I post here, and I am not disappointed!  ;)
I must say that your city is beautiful &apls
I like this latest update :thumbsup:
can't wait the next update  ;)

Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

dedgren

A great setting for that excellent cricket field (pitch?), Shaun.  It's good to see Camden moving forward- your MDing is always easy on the eyes.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

kimcar

&apls &apls Nice update mate. I really like the overview pics. Well done  :thumbsup:

bat

Camden is looking really nice! Great new pictures of it! Also nice work on the small river.

Looking forward to more new pictures... ;)

Jmouse

Shaun, those one-liners of yours are so irreverent, but they're one of Watersford's many - and greatest - charms! ;)

Camden, which shares its name with a town here in Arkansas, looks good. The overview shows a typical small-town layout which is the ambiance I'll be trying to achieve in my region. I like the way you've laid out the "expanded" farms, too. I hope Camden will stay small and inviting. Big cities are a fact of life, but the little villages are so special!

Later...
Joan

sebes

Although the village itself is not so much as one I would like to be in myself, the storyline that comes with it is just... well....uh....very Diggistic  ;) Looking forward to how it will continue!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

paroch

Well, Sebes says it is Diggistic, whereas I tend to think of it more as Diggtastic!

Nice rural town development you got going on there Shaun.  Now, is there going to be a market in Camden?  Surely there is a storyline there for you somewhere!

And I'm glad to see that twice the amount of money spent on petrol for the cars has been invested in doubling the bus service to triple the satisfaction rating of a third of the passengers - nice work :thumbsup:

JBSimio

Well, rumor has it that I've stayed away too long... so I guess I should say something about all the new stuff you've got here.

Um...

Great job!  Looking forward to the next update!   :D

I really do like the views of Camden.  The small industrial area looks very realistic and you chose a great spot to play a bit of cricket (if anyone was crazy enough to be so inclined!)  ;)

Can I order a pair of those nifty night-vision goggles, by the way?

Jon

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Diggis

Matt has been a busy boy in Avalon.  Never one to miss a trick he saw an opportunity for a large
resort on the undeveloped land across the river. 

He called it Chokebrook Resort, for the stream that runs through the course and has caught many
members out.  However most residents refer to it as Chequebook resort for the high prices Matt
charges.

This is the 13th Green and the 14th Tee, known as Jon’s Corner.  If you look close you can probably
see Jon Simio still there after the last tournament.   He was heard cussing loudly after realising that
the 14th Tee was also across the stream.

A new marina was commissioned along the waterfront to ferry visitors across.  There was some
dispute about who owned the design rights to the work and a few employees were fired over it. 
However Matt was happy with the final product and it just provided another generous income in
his ever expanding portfolio.

The heart of the resort consists of the clubhouse, fitness centre, leisure centre and sports fields. 
There is continuing discussion over the design of the clubhouse and the club are in talks with NHP
for a replacement after just a week after completion.

After initially opening the resort to all comers Matt finally got his wealthier citizens moving in. 
John Warrior and Alex Tarkus were amongst the first to snap up larger properties on the back
of the success of their construction company.  Valuable rail and highway contracts around the
world have enabled these two to afford good Architects to design their new houses. 
Unfortunately they didn’t spend enough on a good Landscape Architect and in fact hired the
same one, who worked on a paint by numbers system.

Also moving into the resort is the head of Watersford Bankers Assosiation, Paul Paroch.  He
has hired SWI Industries to build his mansion. Nick the Greek did a wonderful job on the
building for a good price so Paul was able to hire the renowned Landscape Architecture
partnership of D66 and Barby.  D66 does all the work and Barby supervises from the nearest
pub. He sited it over the 6th green, being a particular favourite.  It was here he won from
Matt the property title on a hole of golf.  He also managed to win 2 other titles.  However
he also managed to lose his wife’s car and his children’s inheritance. Luckily he’s well
versed in removing money from his clients accounts and didn’t really notice.

Looks like Matt is still earning too much, and Jon isn’t playing enough.  After losing his ball in
the water one more time he was heard telling his playing partner Ella ‘You have it.’

Warrior: Welcome to your knew home.  ;)  Enjoy.

DTP: Welcome back, hope you enjoy this one too.

Art128: Welcome to Watersford.  Glad you are enjoying it. 

David: Yes Pitch.  :thumbsup: And it's similar to the one where I grew up and Dave did a great job with it.

Kimcar: Welcome back.  Now it's cricket season again I hope you're practising.

Bat: Welcome back.  There is work being done on the river.  Keep an eye out for changes.  ;)

Joan: It's those one liners that keep me going.  Camden is also a well known market in London, which was actually my inspiration.  But thanks for the link.

Sebes: Yeah, the goddess isn't too pleased with the nearby development.   Watch this space.

Paul: I'm sure we can slot a market in somewhere, although it might be a little more subdued than it's namesake.  And thanks for the typical WBanker breakdown.

Jon: 5 pages!  Slacker.  Thanks for dropping by again.  Glad you like it, and if you are going to be English you will need to learn cricket and football (of the soccer variety) and Rugby if I can help it!  If you choose Europe you don't need to worry about the cricket.  I'll get the goggles sent right over.

paroch

Great update there Shaun.

you realise this is now my second post here today!  I'll soon be a regular!

Great storyline as always and that course looks pretty neat, I have to say.  Nice choice of mansion for the Paroch coutryside spread.  I'll have to plan my quest for sim-world domination from there, so long as I can get out of the maze that is.  As for the clients accounts - that money is being wisely invested.  I only need a full house at the right table and the returns on their investments will be amazing!

deathtopumpkins

That golf course looks pretty realistic!
And the area around it looks like a nice place to live, too.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

BarbyW

Excellent update, Shaun. Love the new streams too. I do, however, have a correction to make as Paul Paroch's house was actually designed and built by that well known architect swi21 - known to his friends as Nick the Greek - with landscaping assistance from D66 and advice from the Goddess herself.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

sebes

Avalon (celtic: apples): Now this is a place where I'd love to be found, together with the other happy few.. But I missed the magic boat, caused brobably because I was bluntly shouting to load (Dutch as I am I cannot help) or drunk or out of money, or all three of them..  ( ??? Is that what the 3x in my avatar stands for maybe  ???) Or is it just because I am converting The Big Apple in the The Big Orange ? Mmmmm
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

kimcar

&apls &apls Hey , nice resort Shaun . I really like your new stream and i would like to have a starting time or card membership from this golf course. :D I will check for buy an house around there too. ;D Take care.

bat

Fantastic new shots there, Diggis! And the overview of that area (first picture) is looking really beautiful!

Looking forward to more of Watersford...

Jmouse

The stream turned out great, Shaun. The layout looks good, especially in the overview - very realistic. And that's quite a resort our friend Matt has created - a championship golf course with all the trimmings.

I especially like the marina, but I'm trying to figure out where it is (still stuck in overview mode!). Nice cribs for the rich and famous, too. I'll bet Mr. Paroch and his family are really living it up! BTW, are there are any two-room bungalows available for the poor and pitiful? :D

Good job...
Joan

Pat

Shaun fantastic updates here and its good to see I didnt have to read to much to catch up or is that a bad thing hmmm??? It does seem that Matt is a tad bit greedy and Jon is a bit foolish with his bal golfing *cough*.... anyways I cant wait to see if I talk to anyone again lol.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

pagenotfound

What A nice looking area!
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!