• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Here's the diagonal ramp prototype pic reposted . . . ImageShack was giving me fits last night for some reason. 

Thanks for all the feedback on the whole Version 21 matter--and thanks to all who have voted in the poll, too.  Out of 46 votes thus far, the "I'd be happy either way" option is leading by a large margin.

Quote from: nerdly_dood on August 26, 2008, 09:32:20 AM
I wonder if there is any hidden meaning to it all...?

Quote from: pagenotfound on August 26, 2008, 11:12:33 AM
OOh a poll, does that mean it may come out soon? :D

Potentially.  There's still a fair amount we have to do still, but these diagonal developments you've been seeing will transfer over nicely to . . . um . . . other features. ;D  (maybe even some features in another mod . . .)

More coming shortly . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

JoeST

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 that is liek *die and go to heaven* x 200

OMG
* JoeST dies and goes to heaven agian
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Streetlight 725

diagonal ramps.Thats good.I need that for one of my city. :) ;) :D ;D :thumbsup: &apls

Haljackey

Wow, fantastic work with the diagonal ramps and interchanges!  I never thought they were possible!

About the poll: release it when you think its done.  I can wait.

Best,
-Haljackey

JoeST

yeah release whenever, I would rather see the updates  ;D

Ryan B.

Wow, Alex - this is some impressive development!

EDITIsn't it somewhat fitting that my 300THpost here at SC4D comes in this forum?   :P

nerdly_dood

I LOVE IT, even if the textures aren't quite perfect yet ;) :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

metarvo

Alex strikes again!  Diagonal RHW is becoming a viable option. :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

pagenotfound

Are there any diagonal mis spliters in the works?
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Tarkus

Quote from: pagenotfound on August 26, 2008, 05:47:43 PM
Are there any diagonal mis spliters in the works?

At the moment, no.  But that can change. ;)

Another ramp interface I think everyone should like . . . it's been requested a few times by various people.  I guess you could call this Ramp Style E? 

It'll make it easier to build diamond interchanges with inclines.

-Alex (Tarkus)

nerdly_dood

AWESOME! I would really like that. Most of my diamond interchanges are flat and as narrow as I can make them - like the picture below - using Buddybud's overpasses - but I really like the flexibility that piece could allow for, such as in rural areas...this one below is more of a tight urban one.

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

Shadow Assassin

Hmm, that expanse of concrete on Type E is well... too wide. :P

You should at least chop it back.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Tarkus

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on August 26, 2008, 09:44:10 PM
Hmm, that expanse of concrete on Type E is well... too wide. :P

Well, technically, it's asphalt. :D  I think you're right, though.

-Alex (Tarkus)

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MandelSoft

Great! A diagonal ramp!!

Ramp style-E can be usefull.But what's ramp style-D, by the way? Is that the inner-ramp or the B-style ramp with an accel/decell-lane.

Anyways, great work, Tarkus!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

Maarten, to answer your question, Ramp Style D is indeed Ramp Style B with the accel/decel lane--you'll see some of those in Version 21.  I'm not sure what I'll call the inside exit ones . . . right now I have them labeled as "A-Left" and "B-Left" (yes, there is a version that goes off at the diagonal).  Perhaps Ramp Style F and G?

-Alex (Tarkus)

JoeST

or ramp style Z and Y as they are the opposite, or numbered instead of lettered... :D

nerdly_dood

I think it would be easier to call them "A-Left" and "B-Left" and "A-standard" and "B-standard" while allowing LHD users to call them "A-right" and "B-right" (so if the offramp name has a direction in the name, then it turns off toward oncoming traffic; if it's standard then it turns off away from the highway)

Hey, ya know, with these "A-left" and "B-left" ramps I could make a LHD highway on a RHD game with very few problems, except for the confusion which would of course come with a reversed-direction highway ;D

simzebu

Quote from: nerdly_dood on August 27, 2008, 06:59:27 AM
I think it would be easier to call them "A-Left" and "B-Left" and "A-standard" and "B-standard" while allowing LHD users to call them "A-right" and "B-right" (so if the offramp name has a direction in the name, then it turns off toward oncoming traffic; if it's standard then it turns off away from the highway)

Hey, ya know, with these "A-left" and "B-left" ramps I could make a LHD highway on a RHD game with very few problems, except for the confusion which would of course come with a reversed-direction highway ;D
Remind me never to drive in your cities. :o :'(

Anyway, I would say either nerdly_dood's suggestion or A left/right, B left/right, etc. I think calling left and right by different letters would get too confusing.
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

Jonathan

Great work on the textures Alex! :thumbsup: Finally an inside exit.

You could call the inside exits/onramps, A-Inner and B-Inner and then the ramps with Accell/Decel lanes could be A-Extended B-Extended, and then the last one you shown could be A-wide (or B-wide I forgot which one it is)

Jonathan