• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kingdom of Saint Croix

Started by may1919, September 21, 2012, 07:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

may1919

Hello, people! :P So, in addition to my Dauphinnbourg diary, I decided to bring over my Saint Croix series from Simtropolis. :D

Before we begin: While this is the first entry here, this is actually #24 back in Simtropolis. If you are not familiar with this CJ and you want to catch up on the story, http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/3489-confederation-of-saint-croix/ You're going to have to venture onto ST territory. :P

---

We're bringin' it around town on the first SC4D entry! Traveling through the capital city, Les Canaries du Saint Croix...

The first glance at the La Praleque International Airport (Aéroport Les Canaries-La Praleque). The airport is adjacent to apartment buildings and houses, which is why all aircraft must land as slowly as possible. Some new safety equipment is being placed, along with a new set of safety regulations imposed on all Croisian airports.

Again, this is only a first glance, you will see more in the future... :D

Major apartment complexes, south of the French Quarter. One-bedroom apartments for up to 1,500 Euros per month...

Then again, you could pay much lower prices for apartments in satellite communities... This is an unincorporated area in the Greater Saint Croix agglomeration. Because it is unincorporated and does not have city/town status, it has no name.

What? Then what do you write for the address? How can you send anything there? That's because the residents here simply write "Les Canaries" for the city, even though they are outside the city limits. The zip code? Residents borrow the zip code of the Boulogne-Billancourt district within the city. In that case, isn't this place officially Boulogne-Billancourt? Mmmmm... not really.

It is a very nice place though, I think.

I think you guys get what I tried to do here... Even though I miserably failed. :P

A power line runs parallel to oil pipelines, north of the city.

Thanks for reading! Be back here for the next entry!

kinderly

Are you sure thats SC4. Superb photo editing!

feyss

Beautiful pictures. A nice beginning for your MD.  :)

may1919

Kinderly and Feyss: Thank you very much, both of you! :D

Today, we will tour the capital city one more time before getting to... other stuff.

First, I've renamed the city from Les Canaries du Saint Croix to Les Canaries du Colognyland.

The reason being, I've made several changes to the government structure but we'll get to that in the next entry.

The image above is from the "Croix-Ville" section of the urban area.

Croix-Ville is actually one of the names of the city, but in the city, the inhabitants refer to this place, which itself has city status. Wait what?

Hehe... like London and the independent City of London which is an enclave of the big London (and perhaps Vatican City within Rome, but not as sovereign), Croix-Ville is a city that is an enclave of the big city, and its government is independent of Les Canaries. Croix-Ville has approximately 15,000 people, yet due to its connection to the capital, has in excess of 100 thousand workers, numerous tall structures, and several subway stations.

If you live/work in Croix-Ville, you'll find out soon enough that the citizens do not like going to the airport. Why?

There are very few toll roads and toll areas in Greater Les Canaries, much more sparse than most European cities. People that live in the city of Les Canaries or the satellite cities only have to pay toll one time, when entering the airport. Croix-Ville citizens, however, have to pay toll twice, because the one, only major road that exits Croix-Ville is... a toll road. So, unless you are willing to drive off-road and around the tolling areas, you have to pay to exit the city.

I don't think I need to explain this (unless you have a question)... These runways are just runways. :P

Farms in autumn become red, orange, and yellow! You should take a bus tour if you're ever planning to visit.

We see more cranes, in this booming business district.

The historical quarter in Les Canaries on a stormy Friday night. You are seeing the remains of a major hurricane that hit the southeastern United States then headed across the Atlantic to the English Channel, hundreds of kilometers north of the city.

The Royal Confederation Center complex stands tall. The two towers are home to the ITDC (International Trade Delegation of the Confederacy). The officers in the delegation investigate financial/executive criminal offenses, which is their main job. They also consult on trade, franchising, trademarks, and international laws, which is very convenient.

The vicinity of the complex is deserted at night. :P

Wait a minute... the flag on the building is a little different than the flag that Emir had shown us before, on Simtropolis (if you saw the previous entries)...

That's because that's the flag of Colognyland:

Coming soon! :P

Thanks for reading!

Schulmanator

Nifty! And you know that MDX bottle sign made me thirsty!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

nbvc

Kergelen

Your Photoshop skills are great.
The autumn picture are amazing especially the airport runway. However even if the picture is beautiful airports usually haven't trees so close to the runways.

Links to SC4 websites

art128

Beautiful update!

I loved the first picture. As Kergelen said, the trees around the airport are too close, it's too dangerous like that. Also both runways are too close to each others.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

I like your style and the color in your pics is very vibrant. 
Great work!

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

nas-t

may1919

Hi, guys... I'm back with a rrrr-rather short entry...

REPLIES:

Schulmanator: Thank you! And thank you for commenting on ST as well. :D

Nbvc: Thank you very much!

Kergelen and Art128: Thank you for your suggestions! :)

Rooker1 and Nas-t: Thank you for your comments!

So, that aside, the entry today is rather short unfortunately. I procrastinated on SC4 pictures the last three days, and I had a major-grade project in school to turn in today, which is why I came rather... unprepared. But nonetheless, the stuff I have today is entertaining, I think...

One more thing, I'm still working on the government and notice the new name of the CJ, The Kingdom of Saint Croix. I changed the government to a constitutional kingdom to match the history of the nation, that I'm working on this week and I will present the history either next week or the week after. :O

---

Now if you like political movies or historical movies, I got a suggestion:

I thought the movie Lumumba was great. The movie begins with the independence of the Republic of the Congo from Belgium in 1960 along with Patrice Lumumba becoming prime minister, and ends with Joseph Mobutu taking control. I really thought that it was great because the movie showed the violence in the nation as colonial rule ended...

Back in Saint Croix, I was working on... MAGLEVS!!

The Croisian government has approved new magnetic levitation trains for the city of Les Canaries du Colognyland. The trains will travel, on average, at 307 kph and in some lines, up to 466 kph, nearly one-third of the speed of a handgun bullet!

(Pictures edited from the Shanghai Maglev)

The government has approved this rapid transit map as well, which the maglev line will be a part of. The new rapid transit system will have 127 stations and eight lines, including the maglev line. The maglevs will transport passengers between the neighborhood of La Pointe Rouge and La Praleque International Airport. The "Airport Express" line will be fully devoted to maglev transportation.

(Map edited from Beijing Metro)

The district of Principality et Mercatum, in La Pointe Rouge, will be home to the western terminal of the maglev line, and a subway station on Line 2, for passengers to transfer. The L'Aeroport station is still under construction here...

The Parliament has also recently approved a financial entitlement for war veterans, the La Praleque Grant. Because of the types of entitlements the grant covers for veterans, it has been called by many as the "G.I. Bill of Saint Croix", comparing the grant to the U.S. Servicemen's Readjustment Act of 1944.

---

Well, that's it guys! Thanks for reading.

eugenelavery

How do you get the colour to be so vibrant?  Is it saturation levels?

noahclem

Great work so far  &apls  you do such a great job keeping your city full of trees and there's a very nice variety of scenes hear. Keep it up  :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

Yes, transport maps! Great work. Except that I would be confused where to get off on the green line. Was it Rue 25 or 52?

Cheers
Willy

benedict

Interesting re-interpretation of Beijing's metro map!
Click on the banner to celebrate!