• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Hanako City: A Japanese-American Town

Started by BoeingCity, October 18, 2012, 06:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoeingCity

Greetings, or should I say kon'nichiwa! Let me get you a heads up on what Hanako City is before we start touring. Hanako City is a town in the Japanese island of Hokkaido. It is relatively new, and has been given plenty of available land to expand in the future. It's closest to the city of Sapporo. It consists mostly of a Japanese & American population. The council has agreed to mix wonderful Japanese architecture and towering American architecture in the city. So, let's start the tour!

Umibe | 海辺

Welcome to Hanako City! You have come at the right time to move, because Hanako is a fairly small city. Although, I bet we will see some amazing growth in this "child" city.

Ah, I see you have moved into the 心臓, or, heart of the city! I guess you'll be better off having a quick tour of the city-center, and not the out lands. 14,000 Japanese and American people live in the city center named Umibe, or sea-side. Most of these people came on small boats and started developing buildings on this part of Hokkaido. You are kind of late, so there are quite a few "big" buildings.

Our mayor is Kazuya Shimuzu. His family lives in the Linda Swampy Hall. Linda Swampy was an American woman who helped plan this beautiful city. City government offices are also located in the Hall. It is a very modern type of building and is one of the most photographed places in the city.

Just because Hanako is small, doesn't mean it can't have a big business district! The business district of Hanako is named 海辺の地区 (Seaside District).You may think it's just a small, dense district, but it's actually quite big for a city of just 20,000 people. It's home to a few growing businesses. The city is planning on demolishing 3 blocks of city businesses. In their places will be blocks of W2W Japanese shops, almost like what is found in Tokyo. You will see these wonderful buildings in the next entry of Shisaido.

The residential sections of Umibe vary in density. The closer to the center of Umibe you get, the more dense the housing will be. A few large estates were built closer to the out lands. The styles of housings are varied due to the Japanese-American population. Trees line the winding streets and houses.

Hope you enjoyed that small tour of Umibe! I see you are interested in seeing more of Hanako's wonderful development. I shall show you the land just outside of Umibe which is filled with farms, pagodas, and even rice  fields!

Until then,
Good-bye from Umibe! 海辺からさようなら!

Swordmaster

Nice start! I like the streets with the sidewalks, power poles and trees. Is that a Japanese street mod, or your own mod?

Cheers
Willy

BoeingCity

Quote from: Swordmaster on October 18, 2012, 06:18:57 PM
Nice start! I like the streets with the sidewalks, power poles and trees. Is that a Japanese street mod, or your own mod?

Cheers
Willy

It is a Japanese street mod. The link is somewhere in the Japanese BAT & Mod Thread II.

RickD

Oh great, a new MD.  :thumbsup: I like your pictures.  :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

art128

Nice start with your MD there, BoeingCity! I like that big, wide avenue going through your city. The last picture is really nice.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

nbvc

Schulmanator

Nice start! I like it. Great details and it blends well.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

rooker1

Very good start indeed!
I hope we get to see more very soon.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

BoeingCity

QuoteVery good start indeed!
I hope we get to see more very soon.

Robin

Thanks! Your wish has come true!

QuoteNice start! I like it. Great details and it blends well.

Great start with this city.  &apls

I always try my best to give it as much details as possible.

QuoteNice start with your MD there, BoeingCity! I like that big, wide avenue going through your city. The last picture is really nice.

Oh great, a new MD. :thumbsup: I like your pictures.  :)

Very grateful for your compliments. I will always try and update as much and detailed as possible. art, that avenue is pretty busy actually! So it has to be wide. :)

Nōchi | 農地

Ah, I see you have returned for another tour. As I promised, I will show you a tour of the farmlands just outside of the city center. Since it contains quite a few farms, it gets the name 農地, for farmland. It is also home to a few ancient and sacred shrines that were "abandoned" when Japan got rid of its monarchy.

The furthest, populated land from the city center contains forests, canals, and small houses. Part of the land also contains rice fields, a main source of industry in Hanako. Colorful trees also line the small streets and canals that go through the homes. In the picture below, you can see plenty of trees, houses, rice fields, and canals.

A few blocks down from these houses is the Nochi Pagoda. The Nochi Pagoda is located in a small park and is considered a very sacred landmark in Hanako. Visitors tend to put this on their "Must Do" list when they visit. Not to far from the Pagoda is the Nochi Shrine. It is the third most visited landmark in Hanako, with the Nochi Pagoda and Linda Swampy Hall ahead by a few hundred people.

A few commercial businesses are also located in Nochi, although residential homes flourish here. Housing types range from small apartments to little village houses. Nochi's main road is 大通り (Ōdōri Avenue). The commercial district and farming district runs along this avenue, which connects Hanako with the nearby city, Kitami.

Last on the list to show you is the farming land. In the farms, people grow melons and daikon. Small ships then come by to pick them up and export them to other places in Japan. I decided to show you last, because the dew usually creates a few problems in the roads. Harvest season around here usually starts around September or October.

Hope you enjoyed this special look at Nōchi! If you want, we can take a look at what the city council is planning. They're planning on expanding Umibe and further populate Hanako City. Hanako City is heading for a great future!

Until then,
Goodbye from Nōchi! 農地からさようなら!

Mr.Lin

THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

BoeingCity

Dream Project Part 1
ドリームプロジェクトパート1

It's the moment that you've all been waiting for! The Dream Project entry is finally here! It's actually so big that the entry had to be split into 2 different parts. This is part one. Let's start off with what the Dream Project is and what is expected to occur in the stages.

The Dream Project is an official expansion plan that will greatly expand Hanako. It's main target was the residential growth in downtown, although quick additions included invites for major corporations to move their HQ's to Hanako. Development became so great that plans had to be changed. Most of Shisaido's (remember, that's the downtown portion) population will be located in a small peninsula called Second City (Sekandoshiti). Small additions include better transportation such as 2 motorway systems, the Hanako Underground (地下花子), a local bus system, and an airport. Let's take a look at what Second City looked like before all the houses were built.

As you can see, street layouts were laid out, and development was looking for a great amount of apartments and residential hi-rises.

Sobietatsu Chiku
そびえ立つ地区

Sobietatsu Chiku, or, Towering District, is where the commercial and financial center of Hanako is located. Even though Hanako only has a population of roughly 200,000+, there are quite a lot of skyscrapers. This is a result of the Dream Project, which promised the corporations a quieter and safer place to set up their headquarters.

The financial district is located along the Hanako River (花子川). A local subway stop is located in the financial district. It is the 3rd busiest Underground stop in the city, seeing 12.8 million users each year. It also has W2W local Japanese stores along the way. The entrance to the inner city motorway is located in this district.

Also located in Sobietatsu Chiku, is the commercial service heart of the city. Many of these CS buildings are located in Pagoda Square (パゴダ広場). It is also notable for its very busy roundabout in the center. The structures located here are very small and have "American" architecture. The busiest Underground station is located in Pagoda Square. It sees 15.2 million users each year, and has intersections which connect the Express River Line with the Financial Line.

Foresutoshitī
フォレストシティー

To the right of Sobietatsu Chiku is Foresutoshitī, the "Central Park" of the city. Unlike Central Park, which is home to mainly playgrounds and sidewalks all combined, Foresutoshitī is more of a leisure park with small, compact forests everywhere you go. It is split up into 2 major sections.

Ebāgurīn-jō
エバーグリーン城

Ebāgurīn-jō is the evergreen section of the park. Tiny streets wind through the trees with small parking lots and playgrounds in certain areas. In this area, the trees stay green all year, and it is usually on the bucket list for many tourists to Hanako. Last year's records said that 701,230 people visited Ebāgurīn-jō.

Mankaino Unga
満開の運河

Mankaino Unga, or, Blossoming Canals, is the cherry blossom and ginkgo heart of the city. In addition to the wonderful green and pink trees, a canal winds through the trees, and have trees planted on its sides. Out of all the spots in the city, this was the photographers' choice to take pictures. According to last year's records, Mankaino Unga saw 834,765 visitors, making it the most popular tourist attraction in the city.

Thanks for joining me in Part 1 of the Dream Project entries! Part 2 will cover the newly developed land of Sekandoshiti. It is the residential heart of Hanako, and has quite a few hi-rises and apartments.

Until then,
Dream on! ドリーム·オン!