• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Missing in Action!

Started by dedgren, March 07, 2007, 12:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Great to see you back again, I've got all your creations, including the cobblestone village still looks great   :thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

D66

Thank you and its great to be back :)

Ryan B.

Unsure how many remember yours truly, but I decided to poke around for the first time in a very long time today.  It's hard to believe that I picked up my first copy of SimCity when I was a freshman in high school...now, I'm 28 and living on my own in the city of Buffalo, NY.  I'm a professional insurance agent, and I do public address & music for several area hockey teams.

I'm also getting married in July to a sweet gal who might love hockey more than I do.

We shall see if I pick the BAT back up & start churning out road signs again.  Hopefully, I'm able to do so.

catty

Quote from: Ryan B. on November 17, 2015, 07:38:59 PM
Unsure how many remember yours truly, but I decided to poke around for the first time in a very long time today...

Not forgotten and its nice to see you back again   :thumbsup:

a lot has happened this year bad news SimPeg died, Krio now has a home on my site

https://city-builders.info/cb-groups/item/44-krioworks

Guests can only see the first post, he doesn't BAT these days but otherwise life is going well for him

And of course the good news is that dedgren started a new CJ called the "Twin Rivers Region" over at Simtropolis

http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/68902-twin-rivers-region-a-work-in-progress/

And the RTMT Team is working steadily towards releasing RTMT 4.0   ()stsfd()

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

greenbelt

came to this thread to find my good old friends.  I mostly lurk here and was more active on SimPeg.  So great SC4 is still going strong.

mrbisonm

When were you active? I don't seem to remember you..........

mrb

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Frankie

It's been 7 years since I played SC4 or visited this forum. My how it has grown and prospered since!

Time has gone by quickly. Holiday season 2004 is when I acquired my first copy of this game as a kid just starting high school. I was admittedly addicted from the start and even more so when I discovered addons, mods, and such. Even dabbled a little bit in content creation myself although I suspect those talents are long gone from me.

I joined this site not long after its creation and had always wondered how much it would grow over time. Here we are so many years later with a firm answer to that question!

greenbelt

hi mrbisonm.  after talking to you at FSUK I decided to fire up the old game again.

I was wondering ... anyone in contact with Pegasus?  I so miss his wacky sense of humour. 

and Paeng. 

oooo and what about BarbyW?

mrbisonm

Quote from: greenbelt on August 05, 2017, 03:52:20 AM
hi mrbisonm.  after talking to you at FSUK I decided to fire up the old game again.

I was wondering ... anyone in contact with Pegasus?  I so miss his wacky sense of humour. 

and Paeng. 

BarbyW has passed away, I think it was early last year or something, so did Moose and jmouse (lately) I guess one day we all have to go, some earlier and others later. I have been around for almost 15 years now, having stated with ST, then SC4D and Peg. Peg I have not heard of for some time now.
Greenbelt on FSUK ? Under the same name?
If you played FS13, then you will like my project that I hope to finish before the year ends. ;)

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14150.740

BTW, welcome back.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

APSMS

Quote from: greenbelt on August 05, 2017, 03:52:20 AM

and Paeng. 

Pegasus hasn't been part of the community for many years now. The collapse of SimPeg was mostly due to the fact that there were no backups of the site when its database got corrupted. You can probably find him frequenting the Newport club that he's part of. I hear he's doing well there.

Paeng, alas, had a stroke amidst working on some SC4 stuff, and in the recovery discovered that he'd essentially forgotten everything worth knowing about SC4. You can still find his website up, as he maintains it for us his old fans, but he can't really play the game now, and mostly sticks to stuff like Banished where I understand he spent a lot of time during his relearning process.

BarbyW died about 2 years ago, I think. See her obituary thread here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=16905.0
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

greenbelt

Thank you for replying APSMS & mrbisonm. 

Yep I use the same name and avatar for every forum I register.

Masochist

Should probably not necro a thread, buuuuuut...

This game still holds an incredible place in my heart, and this fandom an even bigger one. The SimCity 4 community is where I first learned, essentially, how to "internet"--I was a freshman in college in 2005, and I finally got a computer that could run SC4 after having gone through most of high school playing SC3K. From this community, I learned things that now seem commonplace: how to conduct myself in a forum, the right (and wrong) ways to convey emotion or emphasis online, etc. I learned basic photo editing for sharing pictures, I learned how to navigate online friendships, and somewhere in there, I also learned how to play the game better.

I haven't played a city builder in some time, though I still am into C:S, and I'll pop in SC4 every now and then for nostalgia's sake. But I just wanted to come in and say hello to you folks who, despite the *ahem* odd screenname, accepted me wholeheartedly, and gave me probably the best foundation I could ask for to navigate the online world we have today. And thank you for keeping this wonderful game alive!

P.S.--The forum looks amazing! Love the new design!
(Under Construction)

Tarkus

Isaac, it's truly awesome to see you around these parts! :thumbsup:  Thank you for the very kind words, and indeed, I've always considered you a very vital part of the SC4 community, and SC4D in particular, who definitely helped me feel welcome here when I first arrived.

I hope you won't be a stranger--you're always welcome here--and if you're a Discord type, we have an official SC4D server now, too.

-Alex

iamgoingtoeatyou

Always great to see familiar faces! :bnn:  Hi Isaac! *goes back to lurking*