• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maxis Highway Override (Project Symphony) - Development & Support

Started by MandelSoft, October 31, 2012, 09:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chosenreject

sorry this might be a dumb question. will tunnels made with the Project Symphony MHW have a new texture/model to match this 4c set up? Or is there no way to change that?

Gugu3

Posted by: chosenreject
« on: Today at 11:24:19 AM »Insert Quote

sorry this might be a dumb question. will tunnels made with the Project Symphony MHW have a new texture/model to match this 4c set up? Or is there no way to change that?

this is an interesting question...I was wondering the same thing...

MandelSoft

Yes, I could replace the MHW tunnel models. Unlike the RHW, the MHW actually has an in-game tunnel function.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

kj3400

So this would mean we'd have a method for RHW tunnels-convert RHW to MHW. Excellent workaround if I ever did see one.
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Haljackey

Quote from: kj3400 on November 01, 2012, 12:41:56 PM
So this would mean we'd have a method for RHW tunnels-convert RHW to MHW. Excellent workaround if I ever did see one.

&idea

Converting RHW-4 to this MHW override would solve that problem. Perhaps a model/texture could be made for a RHW-6S entrance since tiles and capacities are the same.

ivo_su

Maarten, my friend, I have a question regarding the magnificent Symphony project. So it will be a part of the solid core of NAM or will be independent  and can be renewed without waiting NAM release cycles.

Gugu3

Mandelsoft it's wonderful to know we will finally be able to build RHW/MHW tunnels in the game!!!!
hat off &apls

jdenm8

Quote from: ivo_su on November 01, 2012, 03:17:34 PM
Maarten, my friend, I have a question regarding the magnificent Symphony project. So it will be a part of the solid core of NAM or will be independent  and can be renewed without waiting NAM release cycles.

When I originally started on the project, I had intended it to be a separate package due to its nature.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Pat

Maarten one short word here, OMG!!! also maybe a Drooooooooool too wow!!! oooh wait so I guess thats like 3 lol but you get the point amazing and I cant wait to see more!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mike3775

This may be a stupid question/observation, but is only RHW-4 capable of this(as I see only RHW-4 screen shots)?

Will you be able to drag say RHW-6C's with this as well, or is RHW-4 the only possibility?

Another question, will I also be able to finally create interchanges between MHW and RHW without having to convert MIS to one way roads as well?

Even if the answer to my second is no, I will definitely grab this to use though, just for the tunnel functionality.

Awesome job and I love that roundabout interchange

Durfsurn

Quote from: mike3775 on November 02, 2012, 03:10:01 AM
This may be a stupid question/observation, but is only RHW-4 capable of this(as I see only RHW-4 screen shots)?

Will you be able to drag say RHW-6C's with this as well, or is RHW-4 the only possibility?

Another question, will I also be able to finally create interchanges between MHW and RHW without having to convert MIS to one way roads as well?

Even if the answer to my second is no, I will definitely grab this to use though, just for the tunnel functionality.

Awesome job and I love that roundabout interchange

To your first question probably not because 6C is 3 tiles wide and MHW is 2. Regarding the second question I would think so maybe the ramps might be starter-less so you could place your own.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: mike3775 on November 02, 2012, 03:10:01 AM

Project Symphony is not a way to make RHWs draggable using MHWs, it's a way to make MHWs look like RHWs.

For your first question, no. The network you're seeing is technically not RHW-4, it's the MHW itself. For your second question, yes.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

MandelSoft

Quote from: jdenm8 on November 01, 2012, 05:19:30 PM
Quote from: ivo_su on November 01, 2012, 03:17:34 PM

When I originally started on the project, I had intended it to be a separate package due to its nature.
The current RUL code setup as I made it now allows that this component can be optional. If someone still wants to keep their old MHWs, They won't be getting the renewed Roundabout interchange and all other Symphony related stuff, but they still can use their old interchanges without problems. The only RUL-file that has been changed is the RUL0 (Puzzle Pieces), and since I've duplicated the MHW stuff I could use from previous NAM versions and moved them under their own button,  you'll either see only Symphony items (I've also made menu button blockers for the old content), or the standard MHW stuff.

Best,
Maarten

AngryBirdsFan436

Can the EMHW (converted to RHW like texture, of course ;)) go over the RHWs? And also, can those Maxis and NAM pre-fab interchanges (such as the Maxis cloverleaf or T-bone) be converted with the RHW texture? :)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

jdenm8

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on November 02, 2012, 06:22:01 AM
Can the EMHW (converted to RHW like texture, of course ;)) go over the RHWs?

Yes. The only reason why they aren't actually in our working build at the moment (Last time I checked) was because the P57 IID scheme had yet to be finalised.

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on November 02, 2012, 06:22:01 AM
And also, can those Maxis and NAM pre-fab interchanges (such as the Maxis cloverleaf or T-bone) be converted with the RHW texture? :)

No. We may make pieces which ease the replacement of these old interchanges, but we will not be porting them. Existing ones will not have a modified appearance (They will carry their default MHWY appearances) and we have blocked the button that allows you to build new ones.

I have been considering doing a larger version of the T-Bone using modified FlexFly models, but it'd require models that have yet to be created.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MandelSoft

However, you can make MHW cloverleafs like this now:

Yes, those ramps are brand-new ;)

Best,
Maarten

Gugu3

Nice shots Maarten!can't wait to see some MHW/RHW interaction shots...like MHW cloverleaf with RHW and so on... :thumbsup:
amazing! &apls

Patricius Maximus

It's a fascinating project, and I like the name you have come up with. Creating a separate thread also simplifies things. As for myself, my MHW's are too entrenched to be converted to RHW-4's via Project Symphony (at least until the release of wider RHW bridges), but I will definitely download it just for the roundabout interchange functionality and add or remove it from my plugin folder depending on the city ()stsfd(). Like if I wanted to play a new city with roundabout interchange functionality and the Symphony MHW's I would have it in my plugins folder, but if I were to play with an older city I'd take it out and move it to my "reserve plugins" folder.

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 31, 2012, 12:01:29 PM
And countless NAM Team Members (Shadow Assassin's UHW, my RHW-4C, Tarkus's 6-lane MHW) have had similar ideas, but this right here (PS) may be the only iteration to even become a reality.

It is reminiscent of the RHW-4C idea, and could be considered an incarnation of the RHW-4C.