• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RTMT version 4.0

Started by b22rian, July 14, 2017, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b22rian

Just a quick update from me:

Work is continuing to press forward on the massive RTMT 4.0 stations build
.. and we are starting to near completion for this mod..
I cannot give a projected date for release, but I will now try my best to update this thread to give interested players some updates here..

thanks, Brian

Alan_Waters

That's great news, Brian! Look forward to.  :bnn:

Tyberius06

Oh yeah!!!!!  :bnn: :popcorn: &apls
I can't wait. After 2 years last month I finally learned how to use the previous update properly... My bad :D :D :D
So I look forward to.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

eagle74

This is great news!  I am a big fan & user of RTMT.  Don't play without it.

bryan1998

I don't really post a lot (at all) around here, but this is so awesome i thought i'd start,

Well done!

b22rian

Thanks for all the support guys  :thumbsup:

The community overall may be shrinking but now were down to the quality people right ?
The cream that rises to the top  ::)

Were down to just 3 active people on the team now, i am sure to noone's surprise..
But were quite confident we can still see things thru. to an eventual RTMT new release

I would not be able to sleep nights really if we left the largest transit station release ever for the game ( i think as an estimate there is something like 350 new RTMT stations ), hanging at 90 % completion or where ever we are at now with this.

I am going to assume most of you guys are currently using versions 3.61, 3.6 or 3.5 ?

From the development side of things the only thing I can think of at the moment we have left would be the Flup station pathing for the 3 - tile wide stations ( Ave- 6 + TLA-7  station sets)..

But we still have more testing to do.. ( the 3 -tile wide flup stations are very complicated)..
Also there is work still to be done on the documentation and the most help were going to need is to get the install exe built..

One concern related to the install, that both myself and MGB
have expressed is over crowding of the transit game menus..
So i will have to check with MGB and Pierre on the status of our game menu MML's..
I was actually using my own custom install for my own personal use where i was using sub folders for the different NWM networks / station sets depending on what networks i was using in a  given city.. But i checked with MGB already and were not able to do an install that going to set the users up with sub folders like that ..
So the menu size is a bit of a concern at the moment..

The 2 main features of the 4.0 build i would say are the new NWM stations + the FLUP stations
so 13 regular NWM station sets and than we also have a corresponding 13 flup NWM station sets ** + various Maxis network flup stations..

** a station set refers to various types of RTMT stations , so for example, bus, subway , and combo ( bus + subway) for each of the 13 NWM networks..

matias93

This is really great news!!!  :bnn: :bnn:

Certainly, with all the new lots, a solution for overcrowding will be needed. What you think about distributing a DAMN configured entry with the new release of the RTMT? I haven't had the best experiences with those menus, but I'm pretty sure it's due to my bad management when creating the custom menus, so maybe using already tested ones would work better.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

b22rian

QuoteCertainly, with all the new lots, a solution for overcrowding will be needed. What you think about distributing a DAMN configured entry with the new release of the RTMT? I haven't had the best experiences with those menus, but I'm pretty sure it's due to my bad management when creating the custom menus, so maybe using already tested ones would work better.

thanks much,

You reminded me that the DAMN menus was in our original plans...
But something happened with the build on them that got us stuck.. And since I wasn't one of the original developers involved in that and it was also a long time ago, I cannot be any more specific than that .. But we ultimately decided it was best to abandon the damn menu project...

Terring7

RTMT is coming back? Awesome! &dance
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

b22rian

Quote from: Terring7 on July 16, 2017, 09:03:03 AM
RTMT is coming back? Awesome! &dance

Yes eventually it is  ;D

I forgot to also mention that work also needs to be done still on the props..
Although I am not sure exactly the nature of that work..
I can elaborate more on that later, when I can find out more..

Tyberius06

Huh DAMN... for me that's a nightmare. I think I install that program because of the RTMT the first time, but I couldn't understand how it worked, and I haven't figured it out so far...
I don't know about coding and modding too much, but is it possible to put the different station versions (bus, subway, combo etc) under a TAB-ring? Like the Puzzle Pieces or RHW, railway elements, the FLUPs? So icon for the Road Stations shows up in the menu, we click and with the TAB we can choose the station version, what we want to use.
Just an idea, I don't know if it's even possible...

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

b22rian

Ya , the tab ring is an interesting idea,

But it is actually easier to find the stations from the game menu if there just listed all in one listing like we have them set up now

but thanks for the suggestion  :thumbsup:

Tarkus

The TAB Ring ability is a function of RUL0, which deals with the placement of ploppable network items--puzzle pieces, starter pieces, and FLEX pieces.  Transit stations like the ones in RTMT are transit-enabled lots.  As such, aren't considered strictly "network" items by the game, and don't run through the RUL system.  Unfortunately, that distinction precludes them from being placed into a TAB ring. 

-Alex

b22rian

Ya thanks Alex,

I didnt think it was possible.. Still finding the station I want seems fairly easy.  But maybe it is because I have used RTMT for so long. I am able to quickly scroll thru the menu and find the station i want fairly quickly..

tigerbuilder

Yeah...I would hate an installer that forced me to include them all. I would like to pick the few i would actually use.

Cheers, Tiger

Mad_genius

@b22rian Thank you for all the news. It's super awesome to see that the RTMT v4 project is still alive after all this years.

I'm with you on the "quickly scroll through the menu", probably because I've been scrolling through SC4 menus for so many years. It just becomes second nature after a while. :D

I agree that the installer approach would allow people to only install what they'll actually use. That would help people to possily reduce the size of their menu a bit.

Once again, thanks for the news and keep up the awesome work.

b22rian

Mad_genius,

.. thanks for the encouragement..

Right now our current step is we have been discussing, and updating all the NWM/ FLUP station capacities for the 4.0 build, We have completed much of this work but still have a bit to go with it. Pierre has a busy week in regards to RL, but i am waiting for him to post a listing of the NWM station capacities for me and than we have to update the necessary stations using the Live reader program. We do all of our team work in the RTMT Private threads.. So perhaps to part of the transit community is may look like we have not done much. But in fact we have been quite continuous with working on the mod in a  slow but deliberate fashion for quite some time now..

Alan_Waters

Is it possible to install version 4 on top of version 3.6, or will it be necessary to completely delete 3.6?
And will there be versions of stops and stations for diagonals? ()what()

b22rian

Alan , thanks for your reply  :thumbsup:

QuoteIs it possible to install version 4 on top of version 3.6, or will it be necessary to completely delete 3.6?

oh, its possible to be sure  ;)
But the problem is, I still have no idea at all what shape the final  RTMT V 4.0 EXE install will take . So not able to answer that.

QuoteAnd will there be versions of stops and stations for diagonals?

I know at one time it was what team leader Z ( Steve), really wanted..
But as we saw the large size of version 4.0 already taking shape, and its hundreds of new stations, we decided we would hold off on that until a future release sometime after version 4.0..

b22rian

I was having a look at some of the various RTMT threads and you know I dont think there has ever been all that many pics floating around of these RTMT flup stations...

Anyways, this is from the very early days of team development.. Maybe around 2011/ 12.. I dont even recall these road markings  $%Grinno$%

But this is a Glr- in -Ave RTMT Flup bus station over an avenue underpass/ flup . So on this particular RTMT station the bus transfers from pedestrians occur only on the upper level of the station.. Transfers for some of the other Flup stations can occur on both levels of the underpass.. But the explanations get quite complicated and I can explain that in another posting or if someone wants to know more  :thumbsup: