• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bus Stops do not get used by Sims

Started by doug_wesson, March 09, 2023, 01:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug_wesson

Just go back into playing SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition. I have the latest version of the NAM installed. I have noticed that while creating a city that when I include Bus Stops they do not seem to work, ie get no passengers. I have the Commuter Shuttle Service ticked in the City Ordinances and all bus stops are on intersection within Industrial, Commercial and Residential areas.

What is going wrong. Do I need to include parking lots

Cheers in advance

LucarioBoricua

Hello, and welcome to SC4 Devotion!

We're gonna need a bit more context:

- Can you provide us with a screenshot of your city? It may be the case that your city has some issue other than the bus stop placement.

- Do you know which version of the Network Addon Mod you're using? At the time of this writing, the current version available to players is Version 46. This version, and its immediate predecessor (version 45) use a new Traffic Simulator plugin which makes the game far more responsive to high-speed and high-capacity transportation infrastructure. In theory, it should result in a high bus usage if your transportation network is decently designed.

- The Commuter Shuttle Service ordinance doesn't make it such that parking is required. In the previous traffic simulator version (available up until NAM 44) you had the option to use the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool (TSCT, currently discontinued) to choose the Park and Ride option. This is the one that made it such that sims require parking in order to commute by car, making them default to pedestrian and transit commutes.

Let us know these details and we should be able to help you properly.

jeffryfisher

Quote from: doug_wesson on March 09, 2023, 01:58:39 PMwhen I include Bus Stops they do not seem to work, ie get no passengers.
How many people live in your city (one tile)? How much time have you run off the clock since building your bus stops? What routes to work do you see your Sims taking? Are your work sites offering jobs that your unemployed Sims can do?
Modding PC games since 1993 (back when we needed hex-editors)