• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Podcast General Discussion

Started by Pat, September 30, 2008, 04:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

OK the reason for the poll is simple do you all want a podcast show here at Devotions? Please only one vote per user and this poll will expire in 15 day's in which time the results will show.. if I did it right lol and since this is my first poll ever too... I would love to hear your feed back as well and to also know why you voted for what choice you did...

EDIT:

Nerdly thank you for the Idea to add the closing date to the topic title!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nerdly_dood

I would definitely like a SC4D podcast here. There was one a few months ago but it didn't amount to any ongoing continuation.

HINT on how to get more votes: Add to the end of the topic title 'Poll ends Oct. 14!"
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

dragonshardz

I think it would be pretty cool to have a SC4D podcast. So what would the podcast be? Like a radio station with the 6PM news being the days developments summarized?

~~dragonshardz~~

Pat

Hey Shardz's yes the podcast would be the news of the community... IE say "David aka Dedgren has taught the community how to make their very own ploppable items threw the Plopperizer TM"...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dragonshardz

And of course maybe a wide variety of music in between newscasts...

Pat

hmmm that might happen??? I know for the podcast eppisode I produced for TPP that hasnt been able to air due to techincle difficulties there was background music..

nerdly_dood

I would recommend some background music but ... I'm not sure all that many people like Limp Bizkit... but Linkin Park is more popular, but still not quite background-music material. So no music from me. :-[

One piece of news is that the FAR and FARR from the 3RR has been released to a select few couple dozen users, myself included, for testing in all possible applications. My early sandbox-city testing has indicated that it works well but has a few minor glitches.

EDIT: The new title should serve to pull in a few more voters. ;)

I love it when other people follow my advice...

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

Yeah, a podcast would be good, I don't know who can read stuff, and listen at the same time, so maybe it should just play on the page, as well as be download-able. I also thought maybe this Podcast could be incorporated in game? I have tried playing internet radio during SimCity 4. It seems to work as normal. Do you think that if the stream is in MP3 format, it can play directly out of the games Custom Tunes folder, if the icon is there?  If you have seen the KSIM station in game, you
may know they had previously tried to do an in game radio called SimMix. I kind of liked how it had different DJ's that referenced the fictional Sim stuff going on, but it seems that people didn't get to enjoy that after 4 came out. I don't know if thats what the podcast will be like, but it would be great to incorporate SimMix again.

dragonshardz

hey j-d it says your video is no longer available.

gobo77

Sorry for my bad english....

Sheep49

I think that podcast is the great idea! I would really enjoy listenning to it. ;D

Oh, and by the way, i think that the background music is a good idea. But I would recommend some instrumental tracks, or at least really long instrumental/solo parts from songs. The first thing that comes to my mind is... Progressive Rock :P

Anyways, I can't wait for the poll to expire! ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

DFire870

This seems like a great idea. I don't really listen to podcasts but I might just listen to this one.

As for background music, just use the SC4 music. :P

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Haljackey

I liked Mightygooose's podcast, so it would be awesome if another one could be made!

Best,
-Haljackey

dragonshardz

Quote from: DFire870 link=topic=5829.msg185633#msg185633 date=1222959615
As for background music, just use the SC4 music. :P
/quote]

Yuck no thanks!

Pat

LoL hmm sc4 music as my background music hmmm... Honestly some of the tracks aint that bad at all but that may be a solution albeit there is a large tack of music at the radio station I could use too but far as length would require some splicing... That of course depends on the length of the episode and what not... Speaking of length!!! What would be a good length of news of the community that you all would love to hear??

I want to rest assured to everyone there will be a podcast coming that is now a guarantee but as some of you may know the NAM's motto well I am going to tease you all in saying___________________________________

"its coming and you know you want to hear it!!!"

BTW if you want to know why I have pushed the closing today is simply look at this wonderful response so far... even though I will still take votes till the 15th.....

Yes I would love to hear a podcast at SC4D!!!     - 20 (69%)
No I don't think it would be worth while to have one...    - 2 (6.9%)
I could go either way depending on the time table and frequency of podcast...    - 2 (6.9%)
Don't Care at all if there is one...    - 5 (17.2%)

Total Voters: 29

Pat

OK all here is what is happening!!! Here is what was done and a taste of what is to come  ;)

JoeST

ZOMG its Pat and Casper :O :O :O

that sounds good, :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

Hey Joe thanks M8!!! I take it every thing worked fine for ya's???

threestooges

Nice work on the 'teaser' if that's what you want to call it. The length of that seemed to work fine, but I also agree that using SC4 music would make an interesting touch. I think Casper did a great job with the Q/A from the ITC perspective and, though there were a few slip ups here and there, it was pretty smooth overall. I'll be waiting for the first official SC4D version when it's ready.
-Matt

Sheep49

I really liked the podcast, very well! And your voice really fits! Unfortunately, Casper's one don't ;)

Anyway, I really liked the idea of having interviews with members of SC4D ;) I hope to have one some day XD

Can't wait for more! ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles