• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

3RR-ST - Page 52

Started by dedgren, October 29, 2008, 08:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

This is the SC4D archive of Page 52 of Three Rivers Region at Simtropolis.  Comments are locked for now.

[tabular type=1]
[row] [head colspan=2]
Page 52
[/head] [/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1530  12/15/2006 01:47 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

owenluby
[/data][data]Wow! You are taking the game to the next level... total skill here only. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1531  12/15/2006 04:46 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

bat
[/data][data]Fantastic work!!!

bat  $%#Ninj2
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1532  12/15/2006 04:56 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]I apologize for hardly being around the last few days.  Today I'll turn in to my state's Supreme Court a 70 page or so brief that I've been working on more or less non-stop over the past week.  I think I pulled my first all-nighter since law school yesterday.  I'm looking forward to heading for so many folks' great CJs over the weekend...and to getting some more work done here.

Anyway, here, courtesy of the American Optometric Association (have you had your vision checked lately?) [ linkie ] is the placename map for 3RR-SW.

And here's the easy-read version (2,400 x 1,222 px, about 204 kb) [ linkie ].

See you 'round over the weekend.

Later.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1533  12/15/2006 05:47 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

asturianu
[/data][data]Hey, David, all those versions of 3RR are amazing! I saw them on the STEX, and I would like to download them, but my computer can't support the BAT tool, well, any new tool, no more regions........I have a potatoe, no a computer!
It would be great to do my own cities here, in the biggest region i have ever seen!

Ah, and congrats for the Trixies, David!

Cristian
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1534  12/15/2006 12:25 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

tommiej
[/data][data]that is insane!! it is so realistic!! truly amazing job!! it looks just like a satelite picture!!
really keep this up!! because it like it!!
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1535  12/15/2006 12:31 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

hondo42769
[/data][data]Great pic! Love all the names. It must take a lot of time to come up with all of them and put them on the map. Can't wait to see what you come up with next![/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1536  12/15/2006 07:49 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

threestooges
[/data][data]Vision's is fine, just need to up the resolution on the screen (though a vision check is something that wouldn't hurt anyway). As I've heard it said before, (pardon the joke, please) it takes a lawyer to take a 70 document and call it a brief (although for what actually goes into a case, "brief" is really an appropriate name). As far as the all nighter goes, congratulations, that takes some serious effort even while still in college (incidentally, on a reasonably unrelated note, I have officially finished finals for the semester), so take it easy and enjoy your creation that is really taking shape. Always a pleasure to see what you come up with. Get some sleep and good luck with the case.[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1537  12/15/2006 09:36 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

thundercrack83
[/data][data]Ironically, I just spent all night last night writing a paper discussing how the U.S. Supreme Court has interpreted the Commerce Clause for my Constitutional Law final...Anyway, the map looks great with the names everywhere. As someone pointed out, it must take a lot of effort to come up with so many names like that. I'll be waiting to see more![/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1538  12/16/2006 03:43 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

psteverific
[/data][data]Extrordinary!
Really nice work laying out the trees, well thought out indeed. This massive region is really taking shape.
I haven't been online lately, so this is the first chance I've had to congratulate you on a well deseved Trixie! Never had any doubts, me.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1539  12/16/2006 05:56 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

tchaos713
[/data][data]Wow...great work...and good luck with the brief. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1540  12/16/2006 01:06 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]So the brief is done and submitted.  At the end, it ran 13 lines over my state's page limit, so I had to file it with a motion begging the Supremes [ linkie ] to forgive me.

Anyway, here is the last placename map- 3RR-NW.

And here's one last easy-read version (2,400 x 1,222 px, about 211 kb) [ linkie ].

I'm going to try to get around to all the CJs I enjoy...

...well, strike that- that's pretty much all of them...

...today and do some commenting for the first time in about two weeks.  I'm working on completing the 3RR forests and on the collaboration announcement and solicitation of volunteers.  I will also get at least one more week of the Lists up.  I'll be around here, though, probably tomorrow.

Later.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1541  12/16/2006 01:12 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]wow that region is huge awesome work [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1542  12/17/2006 12:22 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Giligone
[/data][data]Hey dedgren! Wow, this region is amazing. The amount of work you've put into just terraforming is amazing! Keep it up!

I also have a question. I've noticed you do alot of your region shots from the vertical perspective as opposed to the standard sc4 view. I've also done this but yours are so perfectly square, do you use photoshop to do it? Also, a couple people in my CJ have asked me how I do it. Before giving them a lengthy explaination I was wondering if there was an article in the omnibus about it. I know its a bit odd to ask you but I figured since you do these so well I thought you might know if there was one of if you wrote one yourself. Thanks... and great region!

EDIT: also, i keep getting that same server error as you.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1543  12/17/2006 01:08 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]A pic of the planning I'm doing in preparation for starting the collaboration phase.

No, your monitor's not going.  I'm doing this in B&W to keep my graphics program snappy.

Some of this is still trial and error as I firm up my concept.  Basically, I'll look for folks who are willing to develop quads according to the general specs I set and within some very specific parameters.  I'd email quads out with the surrounding quads blank, then after development (or as it is ongoing, we'll see) get them emailed back and import them into the region.

There's still a lot of "backstory" work to be done, the God Mode trees need to be in, and there's a few other things, but we should be kicking this off around the first of the new year.  I guess I'm ready to start hearing from folks who are interested in contributing to this project.  You'd need a fast internet connection, an email account with a large upper end message length limit (or something like BitTorrent- any BitTorrent experts out there?)  I already have a few people down on the list- if you have specific sorts of development you would be interested in doing (to include agricultural, resort, state park, mining and other rural), let me know.  Remember as well that there'll only be a few central city CBD quads- you might want to identify a second and third preference.

I think there'll be plenty of work to go around.

Jamie (Giligone - The Headwaters of Nemonos[/url]):  Hi, yes, I've done a mini-tutorial and sent it a few folks by PM.  I'll get it cleaned up and send it over to the folks at the Omnibus in the next little bit.  Thanks for asking.  I'm a big (lurking) fan of Nemonos- it's one fine CJ.

Later.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1544  12/17/2006 01:18 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]excellent work you have done my friend [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1545  12/17/2006 02:18 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jeronij
[/data][data]Hi dedgreen ,
Unfortunately I am quite busy at the moment, but I want to wish you the best luck with this exciting project !!!
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1546  12/17/2006 02:59 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Giligone
[/data][data]Wow, thats a cool idea! I've been playing with the idea of doing something like that with a friend of mine but never really figured it would work. Thanks for responding to my query. Keep up the great work on this region![/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1547  12/17/2006 03:50 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

vab423
[/data][data]13 lines?  Isn't that equal to about 23 heretofores, 6 pursuants and 2 allegations you could have just deleted in the brief? ;-)

This is a great idea and I have no doubt that you will get a ton of talented folks on board.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1548  12/17/2006 04:51 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Schulmanator
[/data][data]Your concept for the development of 3RR is truly innovative. Do you have a unifying vision for how the finished product should be when the collaboration is done? Or, perhaps work to integrate the collaborated parts together as they are submitted and let the nature of submissions guide 3RR's final development pattern? To borrow a phrase from Mr. Spock... intriguing![/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1549  12/18/2006 06:11 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]This is extremely difficult to do, but the events of the past couple of weeks where ST has simply been unavailable for long stretches at a time, mostly coinciding with when I had time to update this CJ and The Lists, culminating in today, when I had a full unexpected day (Anchorage had a snowstorm and a day-long hearing was cancelled because a party couldn't make it) to work on things and...ST has again been down, along with what seems like a 1 in 5 probability and growing that any comment I try to make will fail when I try to post it, have led me to decide that I will move, after wrapping things up here, Three Rivers Region to jeronij's website SC4 Devotion[ linkie ]. I will bring The Lists up to the current date at which point I will likely bring that effort to a close.

None of this has anything to do with you folks reading this. I'm certainly not upset with anyone here at ST, either. I think Dirk and all are doing a great job keeping ST on the air in any sort of state, given that it's a volunteer fansite.  Its current state of reliability, though, is just not a good fit any more with the time that I have and the things I want to do with 3RR.

I will continue to be an active visitor to the many CJs I enjoy and to other threads of interest on the forums. Starting very soon, though, Three Rivers Region will be moving. I hope all of you will see fit to check it out at its new home.

Thanks for everything you've done here over the past nine months. I'm hoping many will join me in taking 3RR into the future.

David
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1550  12/18/2006 06:21 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

meinhosen
[/data][data]Sorry to hear that Dedgren. I'll certainly tune in on SC Devotion, since this region has kept me fascinated since you started it.[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1551  12/18/2006 06:26 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

owenluby
[/data][data]Suits me fine. I'm a member over there too so it's no problem.

I will be happy to develop a quad for you. Prefereably a suburban one with a rail line etc... My second email account is a gmail one so I should have no problems receiveing it...

Good luck with everything David,

Owen
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1552  12/18/2006 06:56 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

thundercrack83
[/data][data]Sorry to hear about your frustration. I can only imagine how annoying it has to be to put all this work into something, only to have it held up by events beyond your control. I will be coming over to SC4 Devotion to keep up with your plans and your work. Good luck with the transition and I'll see you over there![/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1553  12/18/2006 08:08 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Gaston
[/data][data]David,
Although I understand completely your frustration, I cannot say that I am remotely happy about this information.   I must say that the primary reason I continue comming to this site is for 3RR.    You and it will be missed more than anyone can realize.   

this is a sad day
---Gaston
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1554  12/18/2006 08:08 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

crazychickensc12
[/data][data]LOL....I posted here, and it never went though...Ironic eh?!? Anyways I said that I totally understand how frustrating it can be considering your updates are packed full with info and take a long time to prepare!! Good luck with your future endeavors over at SC4Devotion, jeronij is a good guy and I will definetly follow your CJ over there !![/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1555  12/18/2006 08:32 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

luker91
[/data][data]awww...i'm gonna miss it...ive been lurking for a while and now that i comment...it makes me so sad...congrats on a great cj here at ST and good luck on jeronij's site....ill try to check in as often as i can!

Luke
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1556  12/18/2006 09:10 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

hondo42769
[/data][data]David,
Sorry to hear that you and 3RR are abandoning ST. Granted, ST is down at times, but I have tried to register several times at SC4Devotion with many different username/password configurations and can't even get this simple task accomplished. I'd like to continue to follow 3RR, but I have my doubts considering my experience with SC4Devotion. Good luck.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1557  12/19/2006 05:28 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

meldolion
[/data][data]Wonderful work David!!! wherever you decide to move 3RR I'll follow it! This is too much interesting to let it go...

I'd relly like to partecipato in your project and develop a quad, I've no particular preference about the tipe, but I've not much skill in creating seaports....

thanks!!
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1558  12/19/2006 05:35 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]hi my friend as i am a member there as well i wont miss any off your work [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1559  12/19/2006 05:40 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Thanks to meinhosen, owen, thundercrack83, Gaston, crazy, Luke and James so much for your comments and thoughts.

Let me make things really clear about what I'm doing, as I've thought things through a bit more over night.  This 3RR thread isn't going anywhere- it's not like I'm picking up my ball and bat and going home.  I simply will not be doing new ongoing content here- that will happen at 3RR's new home.  I will continue to post announcements about new 3RR happenings here, maybe on the once a week basis adopted by John over the past few months for Anduin Valley Revisited.  I'll keep the TOC updated, as well.

James, you should PM jeroni here at ST and let him know about your troubles with registration at his site.  A whole slew of folks have registered there over the past few days- it would seem that your situation could be sorted out.

Please- bottom line- this isn't about competition, or which site's better, or any of that.  I really value my participation at ST, and intend to remain active here on the forums.  I just think the next phase of 3RR will work out better somewhere else.

Thanks again.

David

EDIT:  Let me add meldolion and jacky to the above list- you posted as this was being typed.  I have started, for those who have expressed a desire to develop one or more quads, a list- I'll be in further touch shortly.  DE
[/data][/row]

[row][data][/data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax