• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Slope City

Started by jeronij, November 29, 2006, 09:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithsed

Jeronij I need your help.  I downloaded the file Slope City file (JRJ_City_Slope%20City_V1.zip) and when I unzip it, it didn't have a bitmap file.  It looked like a file that you have to use SC4Terraformer to import it into SC4.  I tried using a bitmap file from another region but it cut the map into two cities. 

I tried to load it into SC4 as is and it no can do.  #?¿?¿?$ 

Do I need a bitmap file that goes along with this file? What am I missing? 

I really want to follow you as you work on this map.

Thanks

Keith

keithsed

OOPS!  I just figured it out for myself.  (Pat on back, pat on back)  Durn . . . I wish I had longer arms.   

I finally realized you have to use the Mapper rather than the TerraFormer.  DUD!

Sorry . . .

Now I'll get started and see if I can catch up with you.     

Thanks again for letting me be a part of this community.

Keith

keithsed

Hi Jeronij:

I think I've just about caught up with you.  I worked on it last night and pretty much duplicated what you did.  There are several problems.  One minor and one major.

I'm going to try to use one of the free image hosts to show my picture. I've never done it before so bear with me.

Minor problem: I downloaded some "dirt" roads but I've got so much stuff in my plugin folder that I think I've got a conflict somewhere or something is loaded later that overwrites it.  That is no problem.  I used streets instead.

Major problem:  I can't complete the tunnel.   :'(  On STEX David D. in his 3RR map he has been using in his mayor forum, went through a very good tunnel demo using a modd from STEX called "Bigredfish Tunnel and Slope Mod."  It's no longer available on their server. I did a search and found one called Tunnel%20mod.zip.  I tried and tried to get it to load and work but I could not find where it ends up in the Mayor menu or how to make the tunnel.  &mmm

Do you have any suggestions or could you point me to a place where I can find how to make tunnels in SC4?  Thanks. 

Now I'll try to add a link by posting a thumbnail.  Take a look at these and see if you can see anything that I've missed.

Overall view:

Front/West view:

Front/East view:

Back view:

Tunnel Problem view:

All of you give me the critical eye  Yea :thumbsup:  or Nay :thumbsdown
Don't be shy step right up and lay it on me.  :bomb:

Thanks.

Keith

jeronij

Hi Keith, I am glad that somebody decided to try this baby  :thumbsup:

You can find my modified BigRedFish Slope mod version ( which is the one I am using for this city) in the exchange section here  ;)
Download it, extract it to your plugins folder, and play the game. Make sure you dont have any other slope mod installed.

I have some new pics of the city, which I will post asap. In the meantime:

;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

TheTeaCat

Very nice work there Jeroni :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jacqulina

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

keithsed

HMMMMM!   #?¿?¿?$

I just noticed that the thumbnails I posted are not showing up.   :angrymore:  Great service the up/down loader is providing no? Maybe I need to go to their website and log on.  That's a pain if I gotta do that each time.  I'll try it and see what happens.  

Thanks for the info on the tunnel.  I'll go and do that right now.  I've decided to uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy of SC4.  My plugin folder is starting to drip and leak around the edges.  ?=mad)= I spend all last night and the last few days looking for new things that I've got to have.  I gave all the downloads a critical eye and saying "Do I really need that?"  

A forum on how plugin folders are organized might be a good one to get started.  I've tried several and haven't found one that I really like.  I'm going to give David D.'s the guru of 3RR a shot this time.  He is such a great guy and really has a working knowledge of the game.  

I'm looking forward to "Plopping" with you in our Slope City.  It's always fun to build a city with someone.  I find that I really learn the finer techniques.  The basic infrastructure is the same but a person's personality and artistic skills really show up when you compare the two.  

That is why my plugin folder leaks.  I see a BAT that I should have used in my city and then it's "hell bent for leather" downloading everything that looks even close to what I want.  

My mom used to tell me I have the philosophy of, "If a little bit is good a WHOLE lot more is better." Well back to my surfing the place and see what is new today.  

Thanks again for setting this up.  I'm looking forward to working on this with you.  

Talk to you later.

Keith

keithsed

Just a short note.  I just checked their web page and it looks like they are down. 

Keith

jeronij

Hello to all !!!

Time for some quick pictures about this experiment  ;D

I started to add some details to the area. The pics are mainly self explaining, but dont doubt to ask if you want to know more about anythig  ;)

SLOPE CITY PHASE 3

Adding some walls ( But not too many)

I hope you may notice how to draw the RCI areas. Small strips for the sloped areas, and bigger wherever the land is a little more flat.
The zones must layed always facing the network that will require less automatic terraforming. See the small commercials in picture 5 as an example of what I mean.

I hope you find the pictures interesting, and you can follow the experiment without major problems  ;)

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

TheTeaCat

Excellent update :thumbsup:

I like your style &apls

Feliz Navidad Amigo

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

jacqulina

keithsed

Hi Jeronij:

Looks like you are getting a good start on Slope City.  I'm going to be little slow.  I just finished reinstalling SIM4 and now I've got to set up my plugin folder.  I worked on it this morning and have got the files all organized and ready to unpack.

I'm not working down at the greenhouses any more.  We're through shipping out the Poinsettias.  We had about 75,000 this year, so needless we were very busy.  We done now, so I've had a lot of time the last couple of days to search the web looking for good downloads. 

At STEX I search for the most popular downloads in RCI.  Plus farming and a few others.  Each subject had at least 10 pages so I downloaded all the files on the first 10 pages.  After I got all the dependencies and support files I've got a lot of work to get back to normal.

I won't do much tomorrow being Christmas an all, but next week I'm going to hit it hard and heavy.  I've got to unpack all the files.  I downloaded all Simgoobers, his file was 75+ so needless I've still got some work next week. The next week we're off to Mexico for my son's wedding so that week will be shot. 

I've got some ideas on how I want to approach it. I'll show you as I go along and would appreciate your comments and help.

Have a happy holiday.

Keith

thundercrack83

Very impressive task! I'll be following along to see how this progresses!

Alfred.Jones

Very nice use of your walls :P

Sim City 4 Devotion

keithsed

YA . . HOOOOO!! &dance

I'm back up and running.   %BUd%Slope City here I come.

I've finally got SC4 reloaded and the plugin folder working like I want it. :party:

Your way ahead of he Jeroni, but don't be looking over your shoulder just yet.  I'm not that close,  but watch out. 

Oh---by the way, thanks for waiting. ;D

Keith

goin2chicago

nice work. i like how you build up that hill or mountain (whetever you wanna call it). can't wait to see more!

jeronij

Hi to all,

thanks for your feedback  :thumbsup: .

Keith, I am glad you finally have everything ok ;) . I am waiting for some more pics from you (all)  ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

keithsed

Hi, ask and you shall receive.

I've been busy doing a little "yard work."

Let's see if this will work

This is an overall view of the "yard."