• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

I'm so sorry to hear this news, David. I pray for your family, my friend.

Dustin

EDIT:  Thank you, old friend. -de

dedgren

First rail puzzle piece I've done in about two years.

The textures are too bright, need cleaning up, and my laptop screen resolution has introduced some jaggies, but those are just details.  2012 will be the year of TTR.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

art128

These looks great, David! I was really waiting for such railway pieces.

Will there be four tracks version ? As well as ( that is just some idea ) two tracks on the side - tracks on each side separated... etc.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Glazert

Great to have you back and active after your terrible time, David. Now I will not be able to resist going near a railway line without looking for triple track.

noahclem

I'm very sorry for your loss David and I wish the best for you and your family.

That's a lovely winter scene you've shared and an impressive TTR piece  &apls  Here's to a great 2012 for you and 3RR  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

TTR, eh!?

Wonderful stuff, David--the ideas never cease to amaze here in 3RR! 2012 has great potential, my friend!

Dustin

dedgren

I've adjusted the textures.

I have some time over the weekend to work on the 10 or so TTR puzzle pieces needed to complete a basic set (several hours to a day or so each, so your patience is appreciated), then we'll start talking about a beta test run.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

David you are a amazing man my friend!!! I know I caught you on Facebook with my sympathies but will again express my sorrows here for your loss, sorry it had to happen around the holidays... I do hope you all had a Good Christmas after all, now about your works sir you still seem to blow me away to this day wow!!! Keep on keeping my friend you are truly one of the masters here and around the community!!!

~Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bakerton

David, that is awesome work my good man. I could think of many uses for TTR. Have a wonderful New Year and see you then. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

ldvger

David-

When I checked in here a few minutes ago, the first post I read was Dustin's at the top of the page and my first thought was "Oh no, little Aidan must have lost his battle", and reading back I find it's true.  My heart breaks for you and your family; as Theoden King says so eloquently in "The Two Towers" (the movie), "No parent should have to bury thier child" and how true that is, and perhaps even more so for grandparents.  You have my deepest sympathy, I am so very sorry for your loss.

Lora/LD

threestooges

Excellent work David, and good to see TTR moving along again. I have some projects on the back burner that would suit that project nicely. I'll follow up with you on that in another venue, but suffice to say it looks like things are moving right along here.
-Matt

thundercrack83

Whew!

The simplicity of those pictures is only outweighed by the (another) breakthrough they're showing.

Great stuff, David.

Enjoy your New Year's, my friend.

Dustin

metarvo

I knew something bad was happening when I didn't see you here for a long time.  I'm sorry about your heartbreaking loss, David.  ()sad()

You have my best wishes for the new year 2012, which I hope goes as perfectly as possible for you.  I would like to think that you've earned a good year after the way 2011 must have been for you.

On the SC4 side of things, it's good to see some 3RR magic at work here once again with the development of TTR.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it going into 2012.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mayorfabz

Sorry for your loss, David. I wish you a very happy new year, and also to all of you who showed support to our friend.
Repose en paix Aidan.

Fabien

asturianu

I am so sorry to hear those bad news from you, David. Accept my condolences. Take care and have a great 2012 with yours. Greetings from Spain master.

Cristian

dedgren

So it's about ten minutes before the New Year here in Alaska and I'm pleased to tell you I'm in a position to definitively answer the question "why is it so easy to find a campground site in Denali National Park in the winter?"  Not that anyone had asked, but if you've ever been up here in the summer (when there sometimes is up to a week wait time), that question has to have come to mind.

So why, you ask?...  Because it is d-mn cold.  Not just cold, friends.   Hell freezes over cold, that sort of thing.

The proof?

That is at the south entrance on the Parks Highway...

...and yes, that is -27 Fahrenheit.  Twenty-seven below.  -32 Celsius.

As I said, d-mn cold.

The moon overhead...

...is just a big icecube in the sky.

But wait... as they say in those commercials- there's more.

By the time we reached the park entrance...

...just a few miles down the road...

...it was 32 BELOW (-35.5 C.)!

That's cold enough to make you want to put coals from the campfire inside at the bottom of your sleeping bag to warm your toes.  It ultimately reached 38 below (almost -39 Celsius) as we passed through Healy just north of the park, so now we also know what folks in Healy do when they want to warm up a bit- go camping in Denali!

So now you know.  Pick your campsite.  No waiting.  Just come ready to freeze to death.

But you'll see some incredible scenery before you go.

Happy New Year, folks.  It's been a long one for me and my family.  You all are champs, though.  You've stuck with 3RR through thick and thin.  We started the year at about 690,000 views.  We'll end it just short of 200,000 more.  We'll talk more about that tomorrow.  In the meantime, my best from Alaska, and from Three Rivers Region.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

dedgren

Oh, and since it's been a year since I last posted...

...hey, the last one was in 2011, and this one is in 2012...

...I'm calling

Come on, all you lurkers!  I see your nics up on top of the thread.  Join the 3RR Regulars* by letting us know that you're out there.  It will be great to have you with us as we make 2012 a banner year for new SC4 content and collaboration.

Any comment, even "Hi" (if you are really, really shy or just the soul of brevity) will do.  It would be great to hear from old friends again today, as well.

Happy New Year!  May 2012 bring joy, peace and prosperity to all!

David

* This exclusive group consists only of folks who have posted here in 3RR at SC4D or long ago over at Simtropolis at least once.  We refuse to lower this high standard, which was first announced in 2006.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

JoeST

Goood morning David, upon this new day that begins the year that follows. I'm not even allowed to lurk? :D

I hope this year brings you much happiness and joy (and brings us many awesome creations and more beautiful pictures XD)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

riiga

I guess this means I have to wish you all a Happy New 2012 before I continue lurking!  :P

MandelSoft

I'm glad you've returned after quite a long time! A Happy New Year to you! (and all who read this)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE