• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Times of Troix

Started by 111222333444, July 18, 2011, 09:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not to be confused with Troix, which is relaunching for the next release.
Test Your Computer's Resolution!

Welcome to the Times of Troix, The First ever Collaboration Newspaper made by various members in Simtropolis, Simmania, and now in SC4Devotion! If you want your articles to be published in the Times of Troix, just PM 111222333444 or jacksunny here in SC4Devotion

Photo Removed to comply with jpeg rule

[img ] http:/img6.imageshack.us/img6/801/thetimesb1.png [ /img]

Please read the only remaining section...
Do re mi
I'm incomplete

Framly

Nice Newspaper! Great that I've been selected for the picture of the day :thumbsup: "$Deal"$

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Extra

Do re mi
I'm incomplete

%bur2$ 80+ views?

Thanks Framly!  ;D (There's no editorial today...)

Do re mi
I'm incomplete

Terring7

Brilliant job with the newspapers :)&apls
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

jacksunny

Yes, it is just a concidence.  :P

Jmouse

You've taken an interesting approach to the game, 111222333444, and I'm sure I'm not the only one eager to see where you go with this.

I shall have to ask you to change your .png images to .jpeg, though. Our MD rules, which you may view here, discourage the use of .png files because they take a long time to load and require extra bandwidth. If you do not know how to make the change, send me a PM and I'll be glad to assist you.

-Joan (Jmouse), SC4D Administrator.

jacksunny

Hey everyone,
Due to the jpeg only rule, the Times Of Troix will not be able to be published on SC4D. The small text is not readable when in jpeg format. You can move this MD to the inactive section.

Jack

jacksunny

Here is a message from the editor, 111222333444.

If you are still reading this... I have a good news and a bad news:

The Good News is:

It is not about the Simtropolis, the largest online Community or the community I would love to call Sim Mania
There is a new test card found just below the bad news...

The Bad News is:

If you're from SC4Devotion or an SC4Devotion Fan, The Times of Troix and the CJ Troix will BE SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY on that site. That means you are not going to receive reception from all the latest news from the Times of Troix and the awaited relaunch of Troix because of ongoing issues between the Chief Editor of Times of Troix, 111222333444, and the moderators and the administration members of SC4D.

"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood." - Article 1, The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

"Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers." - Article 19, The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

"(1) Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits. (2) Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author." - Article 27, The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Approved by the author:

Do re mi
I'm incomplete

Blue Lightning

Peeking out of my MD lurker mode here...

But why not just use GIF? It's only grayscale after all, the 256 unique colors that GIF is limited to covers the entire gamut of a grayscale image (0-255, pure black through pure white). And it loads extremely fast.

From what I see from your PNG above, uses 24 bpp (bits per pixel) which means that your image is more than three times the size it needs to be (you only need 8 bits in a grayscale PNG)

EDIT: Your file (Money is...) is 985 KB. Saving it as a 8 bit grayscale PNG reduces filesize to 144 KB. Converting to 8 bit grayscale and saving as a GIF reduces filesize to 126 KB.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Quote from: Blue Lightning on July 22, 2011, 07:46:47 PM
Peeking out of my MD lurker mode here...

But why not just use GIF? It's only grayscale after all, the 256 unique colors that GIF is limited to covers the entire gamut of a grayscale image (0-255, pure black through pure white). And it loads extremely fast.

From what I see from your PNG above, uses 24 bpp (bits per pixel) which means that your image is more than three times the size it needs to be (you only need 8 bits in a grayscale PNG)

EDIT: Your file (Money is...) is 985 KB. Saving it as a 8 bit grayscale PNG reduces filesize to 144 KB. Converting to 8 bit grayscale and saving as a GIF reduces filesize to 126 KB.

QuoteThat means you are not going to receive reception from all the latest news from the Times of Troix and the awaited relaunch of Troix because of ongoing issues between the Chief Editor of Times of Troix, 111222333444, and the moderators and the administration members of SC4D.
Do re mi
I'm incomplete

jacksunny

GIF has been tried and the text can not be read. Thank you for your input though.