• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How can I get rid of the area-of-effect on buildings?

Started by Aidan, June 01, 2007, 09:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aidan

I love the game but I hate being forced to build symmetrical cities. The main culprit is the area-of-effect radius on several of the buildings (e.g. Elementary School, Healthcare Clinic, Police Station).

Has anyone created a mod that removes the radius? I'd like to place schools wherever I want.

robotninjapirate

I don't understand why you're forced to build symmetrical cities, but there are two ways you can deal with the school and hospital area of effect.

1) Mod the area of effect to be as large (or larger) than the city itself.  Easily enough done, and I'm sure there are multiple mods that do this.  In my opinion, this would be cheating.

2) Minimize the bus/ambulance funding.  There will still be a small radius, even with no funding.  This does not totally remove the radius, which is what you asked for, but it might help you avoid symmetrical cities, your overall issue.

I hope this helps.

Indisguise

when changing any of the radius of the lots,

a: you must bulldoze all the old buildings with the old stats, mod, then replop, for this to type of modding to affect the building in question or suffer odd and weird effects possibe the infamos sliding to 0 bugget bug. (personelly I suggest making a new lot when doing this)

B: think there is a max to setting the radius (not sure of the number , believe 256 will cover a whole large city)

not sure if the radius can be removed from the lots, by nature schools and hospitals need a radius off effect, you could possible mod so the building has a very low radius, but I do think the effects have to extend at least beyond the lot for the lot to affect anything.

you will need and editing program (SC4Tool or Ireader) to edit these stats,
Colossus X-rated