• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Car siding and Catenaries question

Started by puresim, October 27, 2009, 01:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puresim

Hi guys,

I'm using the SFBT Car Sidings in one of my industrial cities:

I'm unlikely to use the sidings with Catenaries because I don't use them on normal rails, so I removed all the 'elektrifiziert' SC4Lot files from the sidings folders. Can I now also remove the SFBT Rail Catenaries folder from my plugins, or will this cause errors?

As always great work and thanks for the help :)

Andreas

Well, if you don't need the catenaries at all, simply remove the prop packs that contains the catenary props (SFBT_Oberleitungen_Props.dat and SFBT_Oberleitungen_Props_2.dat) and use all rail siding lots - missing props simply won't show up, rather than producing brown boxes. If you still want to keep the catenaries (i. e. on other lots), you could also open the "elektrifiziert" lots with the Lot Editor and remove the catenary props manually. You'd only need to save the lot icons first (i. e. with LEProp, which isn't that hard to use), and insert them again later, since the LE will always replace the icon with a new (and most times somewhat ugly) one.
Andreas

puresim

Ok great, very helpful, thanks again Andreas. I'm fairly new to this whole plugin stuff so sorry for the amateurish questions ;D

Andreas

Quote from: puresimcity on October 27, 2009, 03:31:59 PM
Ok great, very helpful, thanks again Andreas. I'm fairly new to this whole plugin stuff so sorry for the amateurish questions ;D

No worries - everyone has to start somewhere. :)
Andreas