• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Jonathan

Joe: Lol

RebaLynnTS: You pyscic or something?

One more reply and I'll turn the lights.

JoeST

so does this count?

thanksies lol

now for a pic \/\/ mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm in advanced

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

I guess so...
Meh I'll just wait a bit longer...

Time to turn on the lights... WHAT??... TWO small pictures?!?!

Maybe try clicking on them? ;D Oh, and just maybe you could give some feedback, maybe??

Andreas

Well, I've seen most of this already, but still: Awesome!!! :) You can't imagine how long I've been waiting for independent HSR. Now we really need someone who takes the challenge to BAT some more HSR stations.
Andreas

JoeST

OMG, u big tease :p

now thanks again Jon, great work your doing here

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

Thanks,

Just waiting for some models from Prince so I can RUL the ramp, I'm now just modding because I have time, there is still a little issue with T21 models on HSR diagonal but that should be sorted soon, other than that it's ready to release.

Btw, all credit goes to Jeronij for making the bridge.

RebaLynnTS

I was thinking about making a model that can be used as both Monorail, and HSR. Using an overhanging prop system, will allow the lot to be made with out having to TE it.
Becca

Toichus Maximus

HSR is looking great. I adore the bridge!

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: Warrior on March 23, 2008, 02:45:46 PM
Not meaning to be rude, but why would you want to do that?

With all the problems people keep saying TE lots cause, I figure it might be a good way to go. And if the Lot could be placed on either Monorail, or HSR, then it is more versitle, and more useful.
Becca

bwatterud

The bridge looks great, as does GHSR.  Can't wait to play with this. 

RebaLynnTS

Unless the monorail works different from the Rail, then the station only has to be next to the track to be effective. I'll work on a proto type, and we'll see how it works out. It might not be very pretty, but this will only be a proof of concept. I DO need to know if the HSR is the same height off the ground as the mono rail?
Becca

toxicpiano

Excellent indeed! Do you have any plans to remove the 'curb' from the Ground HSR?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

dragonshardz

I think leaving the curb would be best, as we don't want cows wandering onto the tracks now do we?

Alfred.Jones

Quote from: toxicpiano on March 23, 2008, 06:25:48 PM
Excellent indeed! Do you have any plans to remove the 'curb' from the Ground HSR?

I think this would be a good idea. It would make it look different from the El HSR ;)

Great work otherwise :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

BigSlark

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on March 23, 2008, 04:28:23 PM
Unless the monorail works different from the Rail, then the station only has to be next to the track to be effective. I'll work on a proto type, and we'll see how it works out. It might not be very pretty, but this will only be a proof of concept. I DO need to know if the HSR is the same height off the ground as the mono rail?

What, exactly, are you attempting to create, Reba Lynn? I'm a bit confused.

Cheers,
Kevin

bwatterud

She's trying to create a station that would function and look good on both monorail and HSR. 

Jonathan

RebaLynnTS, Ok that sounds great, just to let you know, no lots will be included in the HSR mod (NAM policy) but I plan to modify the station from the original modd slightly and release that as an extra download. So yours could be included and then both released as a sort of pack. More stations the merrier. ;) The HSR track is the same hieght as monorail. And TE lots are only bad if they not used for the purpose they were intended for, stations and if the settings (I think capacity etc) are not calculated properly.

For the moment I don't intend to remove the curb from GHSR, the main objective is just to get the functionality out then the more cosmetic side can be dealt with later.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I should have an update with the GHSR <> HSR Ramp up by the end of today, and the lights will be on this time.