• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannabe123456789

:) Hi, I'm that wannabe guy that commented on HSRP release in Simtropolis.

The monorail line on the picture is one I built a long time ago and It has no supports!  :angrymore: I don't understand why this would occur. I read the readme and I am sure that there are no file conflicts.
This also happens to any new monorail lines.

JoeST

I guess you might have a conflicting mod somewhere that removes the supports? thats all i can think of

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

That is very strange, no one else has reported this bug.

Did you have the HSRP beta 1 installed?
Is that monorail goin North-South or East-West?
Can you take a picture of HSR going in the same direction?
What other transit related modds have you got?
Have you ever modified any of the transit files yourself?

So for the lot of questions, but those are what are likely to be causing it.

prince1142003

I've noticed that older monorail tracks need to be relaid in order for supports to show up. Just my observation.

wannabe123456789

I have not modified any transit mod. I have the April 2008 NAM, the April 2008 SAM, the January 2008 version of RHW, and I don't have HSRP bet1 in any of my cities or installed in the plugins folder.

The track I showed in the picture us east to west. The monorail tracks hover when they are diagonal, when they intersect, and when they are straight.

I fix my problem by simply rebuilding my monorail line. I

I think the problem might have something to do with the ground HSR file interfering with the monorail, since you would need to remove the pylons when making it. This is only a guess

cameron1991

Im having a problem getting the HSRP to work properly.
I have no monorail track build tool, but have 4 HSRP track build tools, 1 at the top of the rail menu and 3 near the bottom of the rail menu.
Im also having some problems with the track itself, as seen in the picture below:

Do you have any idea what ive done wrong to have this happen? I used the cleanitol file included with the installer to remove the files that needed to be removed, and I also searched "HSRP" in my plugins folder to make sure there were no extra files but as you can see in the picture, something is still wrong.
Hopefully this problem can be solved as ive been following the HSRP threads both here and at ST since they were created, and I really want to be able to use it!

---Edit---
I think the weird texture on the raised HSR is due to a texture conflict because it also appears on one of the rollercoasters from the themepark pack and it also appears on some baggage trolley props at some rotations and zoom levels on some of the AC teams Boeing 747 lots.

Jonathan

Oh right, sorry, it makes sense you'll have to rebuild your, monorail sytems when you install this to get the pylons back. THe HSR modd removes the pylons from the entire monorail network, and then adds them back in to monorail only using T21s.

Cameron1991, the only thing that can possibly be doing that is the original HSRP beta, because you have canteneries on the HSR track. I didn't add canteneries to this version, so it is possible to tell what version you have installed, these will be added back in soon.

DFire870

Yay! I'm so glad this was released, I was a big fan of the HSRP but never used it since it was so hard to use it, and now that it doesn't replace the monorail I'll definitely be using it.

One question though: Is the HSRP hub the only station available right now for HSR? Just want to make sure.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

RickD

Quote from: cameron1991 on April 29, 2008, 10:21:42 PM
I think the weird texture on the raised HSR is due to a texture conflict because it also appears on one of the rollercoasters from the themepark pack and it also appears on some baggage trolley props at some rotations and zoom levels on some of the AC teams Boeing 747 lots.

Could you identify the file that is responsible for this? I have the same problem on various lots.  &mmm
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Jonathan

HSRP only uses IIDs, from the original modd and IIDs reserved for the NAM (beggining with 5). So there shouldn't be any conflicts.

The HSR hub on the LEX is the only one available at the moment, hopefully some other will be following soon.

Just to make it 100% clear the old HSRP modd must be fully removed, if you renamed the files Cleanitol won't pick it up (I think)

cameron1991

Ok I found out why the HSRP want working!
The BSC cleantitol removed the files, but after that I just datpacked the folder it was in to update the compressed file (which is what I normally do), But this time the datpacker didnt update the compressed file so the HSRP Beta was still installed! So I just deleted the compressed file and completely datpacked it properly and it worked! Problem solved!

Quote from: RickD on April 30, 2008, 05:55:13 AM
Could you identify the file that is responsible for this? I have the same problem on various lots.  &mmm
I honestly have absolutely no idea about what file could be causing this  ()sad()

Haljackey

Here are my results using the new HSR with the bullet train skin:

As you can see, the new pylons for the monorail network appear in the bullet train texture, giving the appearance that both the monorail and bullet train are together.

Is there a way to reverse this effect?  I tried loading the bullet train mod after the HSR (NAM), and still nothing.

Best,
-Haljackey

Jonathan

Thanks Haljackey,
There should be a way around that, can you post a picture of HSR and GHSR? I'd like to see if the bullet train skin pylons appear on those.

I'm glad to hear you found the problem Caeron1991 :)
Do you datpack your NAM files, because we generally advise against it.

-Jonathan

cameron1991

Quote from: Warrior on April 30, 2008, 11:00:26 PM
Thanks Haljackey,
There should be a way around that, can you post a picture of HSR and GHSR? I'd like to see if the bullet train skin pylons appear on those.

I'm glad to hear you found the problem Caeron1991 :)
Do you datpack your NAM files, because we generally advise against it.

-Jonathan

I never datpack the NAM files, but I had datpacked the HSRP Beta a long time ago, because the thread at ST was dead for a while and it looked like there was never going to be the final release.

running naked in the snow

Any way we can get our hands on the texture for Ground HSRP? I would like to modify it to make it possible for myself to convert some train stations over to GHSRP (Its the only way I can help to contribute to this project; my BAT Projects (Philly;s 30st Station) was built for HSRP but I never could find anyone willing to render and lot it.)

tl&dr: I m going to make new island station textures for GHSRP and plaster it on stations with island platforms. Texture needed!
Thanks!

Edit: NVM- found it on Page 16.

Andreas

Quote from: running naked in the snow on April 30, 2008, 11:30:01 PM
my BAT Projects (Philly;s 30st Station) was built for HSRP but I never could find anyone willing to render and lot it.)

Ahh, I remember that station, and it looked quite promising indeed! I'm sure there's someone who is willing to render it for you, and there are a few talented lot builders around as well. The NAM Team can help you with the modding (transit enabling etc.) as well. :)
Andreas

redraider147

i could probably lot the station if someone can render it...i would need some help making it transit enabled. maybe jplumbley could help with his knowledge of the coefficients and what is necessary for it to function properly in the game without messing too badly with the commutes of the sims...

i've also come across a problem...there appears to be no support for a diagonal HSR over street. there is support for diagonal HSR over SAM textures, but not for the vanilla texture. that seems to be the only bug i'm seeing for now...i never used monorail until this release of the HSR so i'm still testing all this stuff out...i definitely had to use eminent domain within a couple of my cities in order to obtain right-of-way for the HSR...lol.

running naked in the snow

Quote from: Andreas on May 01, 2008, 01:47:27 AM
Ahh, I remember that station, and it looked quite promising indeed! I'm sure there's someone who is willing to render it for you, and there are a few talented lot builders around as well. The NAM Team can help you with the modding (transit enabling etc.) as well. :)

Hmm.. If anyone is willing, I can send off the gmax model along as soon as possible. Its been sitting on my Harddrive for the last year or so.

Quote from: redraider147 on May 01, 2008, 02:39:28 PM
i could probably lot the station if someone can render it...i would need some help making it transit enabled. maybe jplumbley could help with his knowledge of the coefficients and what is necessary for it to function properly in the game without messing too badly with the commutes of the sims...

i've also come across a problem...there appears to be no support for a diagonal HSR over street. there is support for diagonal HSR over SAM textures, but not for the vanilla texture. that seems to be the only bug i'm seeing for now...i never used monorail until this release of the HSR so i'm still testing all this stuff out...i definitely had to use eminent domain within a couple of my cities in order to obtain right-of-way for the HSR...lol.

I do believe I also ran into the problem of diag ave-ortho HSR draggable (or ortho-ave/diag hsrp? not sure.). I have to personally go back, convert all old HSRP into new HSRP, then put in puzzle pieces where this was the case. Maybe that is the same for you, Redraider-- Im fairly sure the diag-hsrp/street puzzle is already contained in the puzzle pieces.

EDIT: Played around with it for a little bit, and I think I discovered a minor (?) but annoying bug. Picture speaks more than I could.

EDIT 2: Also, no diag ground highway/diag hsrp?

Jonathan

I'd render the model for you if I knew exactly how to, but I rubbish at BATing/LOTing. Altohugh if I only have to press the render button I can probably d it and pass it on to someone for LOTing and then on to someone for TEing.

Sorry about the puzzle pieces, they will be changed next version, and the puzzle pieces left in, (so you don't have to go around rere-building it)

I tried to get the problem in the first picture but I couldn't, try dragging over it with the monorail tool (so it reconstructs)

I start working on a new version of HSRP again after my exams (starting on Tuesday) or if I get bored of revising this weekend. In which most puzzle pieces will be made draggable, and I'll stabilise the track

EDIT: Thanks for stickying this, It was wierd not finding it where it used to be :)

JoeST

Well done on getting sticky... hehehe

and yeah revision =  :P  lol

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms