• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Beautiful! Can't wait to download that station!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bat

That station is looking nice! And looking forward to it, too! ;)

RebaLynnTS

The links in the first post are in the wrong order .. The HSR windows link, goes to the NAM, and the NAM windows link goes to the HSR. Not sure about the MAC links.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

cogeo

Quote from: choco on May 16, 2008, 07:33:46 PM
will that use the models from the semitransparent GLR stations?

Yes, these models have been modded/lotted as rail and GLR, and I'm going to release a GHSR version too. Don't have time to make something "great" now, but the purpose of all this is to release the essentials and a set of working station lots, with all kinds of track connections (rail + HSR). Please note that the semitransparent models don't really look like real stations either (they were made just to demonstrate the semitransparency techniques). Once these are released, modders and lotters can relot some of the already existing BATs (St Pancras, King's Cross, Gare du Nord, etc) or even make new ones, like Berlin's new Hbf.

Toichus Maximus

highly anticipating this release!

zulhirosue

why my HSRP commuter not come out... soemone.. guide me please
sorry for my bad english

Zack

its a bug with the hub. its useless unless there is a fix &mmm

choco

Zack

for you that is but some people complain that it doesnt work. I think you need more hubs to get it to work. correct?

mr.v

right

and left

there is no passenger! am i wrong?

or

does it really work?

mr.v

its rail does work when i connect high speed rail to mono rail station.

but the hsrp station not work!

see?

(drag image to new tab for full image.)

allan_kuan1992

first thing:

do not double post. use the edit button instead. even if you are frustrated, remember that no one here is able to respond 24/7. this is a forum that is run and visited voluntarily by administrators and registered users, many of which are in different time zones and countries, and many with real-life problems and situations to deal with as well. expect to wait at least a day in some cases for responses, especially if the majority do not come from your area.

second thing:

did you wait for two to three months after you disconnected all of those networks before checking on the HSRP? if you bulldozed and just checked immediately after, the simulator won't have the time to update everything.

Also, on the last post, no one will want to take HSRP if the station is far away, and even more so if it is on a slow network like the streets surrounding it. The monorail to the left of the station is closer and faster to reach than the HSRP station, and it is better connected to the city too. That is why you aren't getting a lot of usage in that area.

I also see some ineffective planning principles related with the road and transit network... to best encourage transit use, you should always build your cities with a plan in mind beforehand... that way it is easier to build transit networks and stuff later on.

- Allan Kuan

Chrisim

... it works for me: link
Maybe your station was not properly connected. Save the city, quit to region and re-start the city to see whether it will work.

mr.v

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on May 22, 2008, 03:54:25 PM
first thing:

do not double post. use the edit button instead. even if you are frustrated, remember that no one here is able to respond 24/7. this is a forum that is run and visited voluntarily by administrators and registered users, many of which are in different time zones and countries, and many with real-life problems and situations to deal with as well. expect to wait at least a day in some cases for responses, especially if the majority do not come from your area.

second thing:

did you wait for two to three months after you disconnected all of those networks before checking on the HSRP? if you bulldozed and just checked immediately after, the simulator won't have the time to update everything.

Also, on the last post, no one will want to take HSRP if the station is far away, and even more so if it is on a slow network like the streets surrounding it. The monorail to the left of the station is closer and faster to reach than the HSRP station, and it is better connected to the city too. That is why you aren't getting a lot of usage in that area.

I also see some ineffective planning principles related with the road and transit network... to best encourage transit use, you should always build your cities with a plan in mind beforehand... that way it is easier to build transit networks and stuff later on.

- Allan Kuan

before that picture i try everything that you say and i wait for YEARS not for month.
monorail station to show that high speed rail WORK!
but hsrp station NOT work! both connect city to city or residential to commercial zone without any other network, just test it with hsrp but not work!
and don't you see? 2nd picture monorail is disconnected!

-------------------------
new test

beginning

left side connected properly

right side connected too.

23 year later, hsrp hub no passenger.

37 year later, still no commute no not nothing

elvated rail too.

is this clear enough?
don't say that hsrp need to connect between city because i tried but nothing happen.

Jonathan

Sorry for not replying to this problem, I have been relatively busy with Exams and school projects. I tested the HSRP hub again deleting the one I had on my PC and downloading it again from the LEX, to make sure I didn't have a different station. I have to say that I got what mr.v got, no passengers using the HSRP, or Rail. If I used a normal monorail station then passengers used the HSRP line. I know that this had the HSRP logo on it, but I don't know much about lots and TE, so I can't fix this, the best person to know whats wrong with it is Andreas.

I will read through the last few pages of the thread and reply to anything else later as I have to go now.

-Jonathan

redraider147

could mr. v's problem be that the stations are too close? isn't there only supposed to be one station per city tile (maybe 2 for a large tile if both are on the edges)?

i haven't tested that hub yet because it doesn't fit into my city. lol. it's too big...i prefer a modified train station...

mr.v

Quote from: Warrior on May 23, 2008, 09:34:02 AM
Sorry for not replying to this problem, I have been relatively busy with Exams and school projects. I tested the HSRP hub again deleting the one I had on my PC and downloading it again from the LEX, to make sure I didn't have a different station. I have to say that I got what mr.v got, no passengers using the HSRP, or Rail. If I used a normal monorail station then passengers used the HSRP line. I know that this had the HSRP logo on it, but I don't know much about lots and TE, so I can't fix this, the best person to know whats wrong with it is Andreas.

I will read through the last few pages of the thread and reply to anything else later as I have to go now.

-Jonathan
thank you veryyy much warrior  :)
at least i can know that you have a same problem  ;D

reply to redraider147
too close or not too close are same.
i test it by connect city to city, R zone to C or I zone and still not work.
and every time i test it i wait at least 10 years.

b22rian

The situations with MR V and Jonathan's cities is pretty strange I agree.. We all have a lot of respect for Jonathan
and what he has done with the HSR. When he posted that he thought there was a problem with the Hub , I
took notice of course.  I guess the weird part is we have seen.. where sometimes the hub does seem to work
in some situations, but than for others it clearly isn't working at all.. Even in my own game I have 4 of the hubs.. i
think in 2 cases there seems to be at least some people using the HSR, but I'm at a lose to explain why in 2  other
instances the Hub isn't being used at all..  The situations I have in my game seem similar..

The only thing I could think of was I had recalled with the monorail, that
R $ were not inclined to use it much.. So it was mostly used by R $$ and R $$$.. But I hadn't really at a chance to
Examine in my own game whether wealth classes had any bearing on why the hub was being used or it wasn't used..

otherwise I'm at a loss to explain why for some people in some situations the hub seems to work at least a little..
But in other cases No-one is using the hub . Its almost like the hub has some form of a bug as in MR V's case..
But than if it did have a bug , it wouldn't work for anyone at all i suppose.. And we know that is not to be the case
either.. I think if we exercise some patience though we will get to the bottom of this in time..

Thanks Jonathan for all the hard work and time you put into this great project !

ScottFTL

Is it possible that the Transit Switch Entry Cost is the cause of this behavior?  This property is set to 0 for the standard monorail station and 2.9 for the HSRP Transit Hub, so I would think the pathfinding engine would prefer the standard monorail station when given a choice between both.

There are many good reasons to set the Transit Switch Entry Cost, but I have a feeling this value is simply too high because it is such a large station.

This could easily be tested by someone currently having problems with the HSRP Transit Hub.  Unfortunately, my current region is all low density and farms so I can't test myself.

Just a though...

le_harv

It does work!

I have had the same problems as Mr.V for a long time so i set up a test city and tested GLR, El-Rail, Normal rail and they all connected the residents to the industry no problem, but when I came to HSR I could not get any passengers to use it and had no job zots everywhere, even dragging the monorail through the station did not work. This is what I did below to make it work:

First lay out your HSR track using the puzzle starter pieces as usual and drag a track where you want your station to be. Then when placing the HSR transit hub, place it over the dragged track. This then got passengers to use it. If you bear with me I will try and post a guide using pictures.

EDIT

As I was trying to get screenshots for the guide, just dragging the monorail into the station worked so I am at a bit of a loss. Sorry...