• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

The Transit Switch Entry Cost was set in accordance to mott's and jplumbley's findings about the pathfinding engine. It might be a bit too high for certain situations, but there are examples where people showed us that the station works fine. It might not work properly in a setup like it was shown by mr.v, since the HSRP was not intended as a commuter railway, but for regional connections, where "regular" stations are very often overcrowded by sims who use the station as a shortcut (such stations usually have tons of pink arrows in the route query view). I would like to see more examples from people who really use the station as a downtown transit hub, rather than situations that would be more appropriate for el-rail or monorail stations. If you're a bit familiar with the Reader or SC4Tool, try to lower the Transit Swith Entry Cost value - i. e. to a value of 1.9 or so. This might do the trick if you can't get the station to work otherwise.
Andreas

b22rian

Le harv...

Dont be sorry, that is still the best way to build the HSR and the hubs..Otherwise after reading your post I went
back to my game and i folllowed your advice about first dragging the HSR lines and than plopping the hubs on top
of them.. To me that guarantees the smoothest connection.. Because other wise you have 2 entry points into the
hubs.. And what i found out was , with the old starter pieces I had the HSR going in both directions..  Due to the fact that you have 2 entry points.. I think what typically happens is you make one connection just fine from just the one entry point.. But than later on as your city develops you decide you want you use the other entry point into the hub.. Now you have what seems one continuous HSR line but actually you have lines going in opposite directions ! So later you can remove those old puzzle pieces by following your plopping method...
and your re doing the HSR line making sure it all goes smoothly in only one direction by following your method..

HandsOn

Warrior, did you get a chance to look at that texture conflict? Because I found another one: (sorry cannot recall the creator of this small palace) - only happens during the final two zoom levels - which I found odd..:

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

JoeST

HandsOn, whats the name of the building?
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Swamper77

Jonathan is aware of the texture conflict. I don't know if he has updated the files to resolve the issue yet.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Jonathan

I have just uploaded a fix to the NAM private Exchange so the HSRP modd can be updated on the LEX.
Sorry I have not fixed it sooner.

HandsOn

Quote from: Warrior on May 24, 2008, 02:13:29 AM
I have just uploaded a fix to the NAM private Exchange so the HSRP modd can be updated on the LEX.
Sorry I have not fixed it sooner.
Thanks, Warrior..  &apls

mr.v

hsrp transit hub job

high speed rail path

this is region test.

i told you, connect city to city or R zone to C or I zone in a city are same. = not work.

HandsOn

Quote from: star.torturer on May 23, 2008, 11:57:13 PM
HandsOn, whats the name of the building?
There are two I could identify: thh pic is Palais Carolath, but the same thing occured with Szkola Krawkowska, a diagonal urban school.

CasperVg

Will a (G)HSR be created that allows dragging the (G)HSR on both sides of it? If this piece already exists, and I was to stupid not to have found it, please excuse me.  %wrd
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

mr.v

Quote from: caspervg on May 24, 2008, 07:35:11 AM
Will a (G)HSR be created that allows dragging the (G)HSR on both sides of it? If this piece already exists, and I was to stupid not to have found it, please excuse me.  %wrd
ghsr has a dragable piece.press tab to select puzzle piece. :)

Jonathan

I think Caspervg means that you can only draw GHSR from one direction, yes?

If you bulldoze the tile that you can't drag from you will be left a piece of diagonal road, then just drag monorail striaght over that, and it will turn into (G)HSR on both sides. You won't be able to put anything on that tile where the diagonal road is except straight (G)HSR, in other words no puzzle pieces, splits or curves can be made there. (of course once you remove that tile of (G)HSR you will be able to use it like a new tile) This works for any starter piece, SAM, RHW, Draggable GLR, and most likely anything else that is made draggable in the future.

Mr.v: The HSR paths are just below the actual track for some reason(they are like this in the original modd) so you can't see them with the drawpaths cheat ( this was extremely annoying and led to many mistakes during development), I plan to update all the path files for next version anyway.

cogeo

The Essentials (textures, paths, UI and sounds) have been released. Linkie

Zack

unfortunately the site is down  ()sad()

Jonathan

Thanks Cogeo  :thumbsup:

Has anyone else just had a problem with getting on to this site? I just got a white page with some codey looking words?

JoeST

yeah, looks like the database kept going down :(... but lets get back on topic ;) (and hope it doesnt happen again)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Toichus Maximus

sweet, checking them out right now.

EDIT

I had a ctd error trying to drag monorail from the station. This happen to anyone else?

edit 2
happened again trying to plop the station directly over existing line.

edit 3

i managed to get it working. I dragged hsrp first, plopped the station at one end, gave it some space, and then dragged some more. Didn't work in another tile, tho.

b22rian

Cogeco,

I thought i was using the duel interchange in 1 of my cities..But i only ran across the single track interchange..
it seems to be working beautifully for me.. has a 32 % usage, not really in one of the denser part of my largest
city.. (355 K).. What did you find out on the duel path one that was an issue ?

BTW, thanks so much for all your beautiful stations   !

Brian

choco

cogeo: im having the problem with the dual interchange stations.  GLR<->Rail.  No traffic at all.   ()what()

i'll have a closer look tonight.

Toichus Maximus

the ctd happened for two reasons--one was when i plopped a hub without any existing hsr network and then tried to plop a hsr starter. I didn't test if I could have done that on another part of the map or if it only happened when it was near the hub. The other reason was trying to draw monorail from the station to an existing end. It seems that dragging from the end to the station is safer.