• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonraker0

For some reason, I hardly ever get any usage at all on my HSR.  I believe that the reason might be that in most places, I have one city with a HSR station, another city without a station but with HSR going from one end of the city to the other, and a third city at the other end of the second city that has a station.  So the question I have is, is it even possible for the trains to travel across one complete city tile to reach the third or first city?  I would think it is, but I have never observed trains completely crossing a city tile.

Here is a diagram of the line that has zero usage:

Also, I still have the bug where the trains switch tracks at diagonal HSR over ground network puzzle pieces.  I recently reinstalled the NAM, which deleted the entire NAM folder and all subfolders, and then added back every plugin available (HSRP, SAM, RHW, etc.) one at a time with their installers afterwards.  I selected right-hand drive versions of the NAM plugins whenever I was given the choice of RHD or LHD, because my game is RHD.

z

Quote from: Moonraker0 on June 17, 2010, 10:58:38 AM
For some reason, I hardly ever get any usage at all on my HSR.  I believe that the reason might be that in most places, I have one city with a HSR station, another city without a station but with HSR going from one end of the city to the other, and a third city at the other end of the second city that has a station.  So the question I have is, is it even possible for the trains to travel across one complete city tile to reach the third or first city?  I would think it is, but I have never observed trains completely crossing a city tile.

Yes, it's certainly possible; I would say that your main problem is that you have too few HSR stations.  In RL, your setup would work fine, but this is one place where SC4 differs significantly from RL.  To get good usage from any type of mass transit, you need a fair number of stations.  They don't have to be every block or two, but once you go beyond about 30 tiles between stations, your passenger volume will drop off significantly.  Also, if you want to use HSR to get people across the border, it helps a lot to put stations near the border.

Kitsune

Is it possible to run the GLR under the HSR? Because... it doesnt seem to allow me, no matter what I try.
~ NAM Team Member

io_bg

It's not but you can use a monorail over GLR piece. It won't look really good but it's functional.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Kitsune

ok... and another question... has the rhw-4 texture issue been fixed yet? I saw a post about in the RHW thread, but never say anything about it being fixed except that its a problem with the high speed and not the RHW...
~ NAM Team Member

strucka

Someone should make a 1tile non-visible G/HSR station. So we could put them on the lines and have more traffic on them. I for one, have the HSR stations put in every city, but don't really have people around any except the terminus in the old town (higher density of R buildings) and the one in the downtown area (a huge amount of skyscrapers (real ones) and also a lot of people) and I get 4055 rides on the HSR. It's not purely realistic, but it does make up some of the realisticality with it's traffic.

Moonraker0

I very much agree, strucka, it would be a very good thing to have and would solve my problem with no ridership that I last posted about.  If one were to be made, I request that there be also a non-transit enabled version of the station that sits at the side of the tracks, so that the automata wouldn't stop at the station.  Of course, a transit-enabled version would have the advantage of not taking up any space, but I'd be annoyed by HSR trains stopping at it.

dany10000

Hi!
HSRP is very interessing project.I used this in my cities but there are some problems.
In particular i've find this with the RHW

An other thing: the width of the tracks in my opinion is too small. HSRP in Italy is more similar to the simple regional rail track but with sond barrer and a more solid track ballast, like the HSRP one.

sim-copycat

I have a problem. I installed NAM may version and the HSRP. In game, when I drag out the monorail from the starter pieces, the monorail pylons appear both in ground HSR and elevated HSR. Please help me!!

dubselector

Copycat; this also happened to me, it was because I also had the BTM installed. When I took it out, the pylons vanished. Also make sure, all the HSR stuff is all the latest versions.

Jonathan

If you have both the HSRP and the BTM installed you need to install the patch/fix which is located on the first post of this topic (which is at the top of every page) or on the STEX at simtropolis.com uploaded by Haljackey.

But if that doesn't work for you or you don't have the BTM installed well then theres something wrong with you HSRP installation and you should try reinstalling the HSRP.

kennyj88

hey i posted this same message in the NAM Issues Thread as well. But this was my message:

i dont know if this is a NAM problem or a HSRP problem or its my game but hopefully i can get help. When ever i go to lay tracks (mono, el, subway or regular train tracks) my game takes like a minute to fully lay it down, in other words its running really slow. everything else runs fine, ex: roads and highways lay at normal speeds but rail just takes so long. Do you know if its a problem where i have to reinstall something? I was thinking i may have installed HSRP wrong. I hope you guys have an answer for me my city feels incomplete without any railways all i have is bus stops lol. BTW, thanks for all the updates you guys are great. :thumbsup: 

Jonathan

It sounds like there's something wrong with the paths. Do the cars drive on the left side of the road?

Or do your cars drive on the right, but you also installed the LHD plugin?

kennyj88

First thanks for the speedy response i wasnt expecting a response that fast lol. but they are driving how they drive in the UK which i guess is the left? did i install wrong?

kennyj88

Quote from: Jonathan on August 26, 2010, 02:09:13 PM
When you install the NAM and the HSRP (well i think the HSRP as well) you need to select LHD option in the installer
i think i have the UK version, is it anyway that i can make it american, meaning driving on the right? its a long story why i have to use a weird version thanks to windows 7.

kennyj88

hey you guys thanks for the help i changed it to the american driving standard. you guys solved my problem in no time.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

darraghf

I'm not ure if this shoujld be here or in the RHW thread, but in the left hand version, my trains on hr lines won't travel across RHW, and nothing else....
What could be wrong.

.. I know I have the LHD version of both installed.
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

jdenm8

As of NAM May 2010 and RHW V4, RHW/HSRP compatibility has been a bit touch-and-go (in LHD anyway). The NAM team does know about it however and apparently it is on the list of things to be fixed (according to Tarkus).

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley