• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbs64

Quote from: TiFlo on November 11, 2011, 07:13:11 AM
Same things.

It's a firefox bug.  Happens to me too, Firefox 8.01 and 9.01 - probably something to do with how Tabs work, or one of my settings or add-ons.  Not worth analyzing to fix, I just open the page in Chrome and download.

vester

Quote from: TiFlo on November 10, 2011, 06:40:58 PM
Both clicking the link and right-clicking to "save as" gave me the "index.php" file. No biggie anyway.  :)

Just rename file to zzzz-HSR_ElViaduct_Replacements.zip insteaid of index.php

or you could upgrade Firefex. My FF (9.0.1) don't do it anymore.

Will12

Will HSRP get an update like for the road ave owr over GHSR viaduct models are outdated and Im sure there a few others

Tarkus

I released a patch for that particular situation back in October.  That'll get merged in when HSRP becomes part of the Monolithic NAM.  I wouldn't expect much else in the way of HSRP updates, however.  It's not likely to become much more than a tangential project in terms of activity going forward.

-Alex

LReyomeXX

That would be good because as far as I can see, the set is not complete. One of the glaring pieces that is missing is only half of the diagonal HSR filler is there, and the other half is missing from the rotation. I need that to get the diagonal HSR over a road in Farnsworth. Also missing is the straight road over diagonal GHSR

SC4creator

hey nam team for the hsr are you going to make high hsr like the high el rail or monorail? that would really help

Tarkus

The High El-Rail/Monorail pieces were designed way back in 2005 (and only released in 2008), well before we had adopted the current height-level paradigm.  There might eventually be an additional height for HSR, but it might be a lower height (in between ground and the existing elevated) rather than "high elevated".

-Alex

ivo_su

As far as I remember I was talking a while ago with Jonathan and he intended to issue a completely new version of HSR, but lately not so active, so I do not know. It would be great, HSR has wider support new networks but who knows?

Tarkus

He briefly popped up again . . . and he did pass along the newer textures that vershner did back in 2009, so they're likely to end up in the merged-in HSRP that'll be in the next NAM.  I've imported them into FSH format and they look really nice (you can see them here).

-Alex

vinlabsc3k

I prefer the actual tracks and have a request: smooth curves for 45 and 90 degrees, FAR  and smooth switches.
Obviously when the project restart.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

art128

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on June 28, 2012, 08:27:41 AM

I prefer the actual tracks and have a request: smooth curves for 45 and 90 degrees, FAR  and smooth switches.
Obviously when the project restart.

Ah! I agree with that! It is actually hard to make a proper looking high speed rail with the existing pieces.. the turns are just to brutal. FAHSR would be a fantastic addition!

Oh, and to anyone willing to BAT this... longer stations. the 4 cases one are just ridiculously small. A shinkansen station is 450m long, which is I think almost the same everywhere in the world.
I'll try to make one once I have my 3dsmax back working.

But as vinlabsc3k said, when the project restart. There's no need to hurry, as the other NAM components are the priority.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

FaB96

Can anybody help me? I built a HSR network in my city but nobody uses it. I tried to replace it with monorail and people started to use it. Why don't sims use HSR?

solovinodelmal

Hi everyone, is there any way to fix this?

I don't get it, what am I missing?

Tarkus

There's nothing you're missing--there's a RUL issue there from the looks of it.  You might try clicking around it to see if it reorients to the correct direction. 

Unfortunately, RUL code fixes like that beyond the scope of what we can fix with a forum attachment.  The ERHW-over-GHSR code is being completely revamped for the next NAM release, however, so it is being fixed for then.

-Alex

QuinRiva

Quote from: FaB96 on July 24, 2012, 05:49:02 AM
Can anybody help me? I built a HSR network in my city but nobody uses it. I tried to replace it with monorail and people started to use it. Why don't sims use HSR?

I have the exact same problem, furthermore if I build HSR over rail it cuts the rail off.  I think it is a problem with the LHD version of the game.

Tarkus

Actually, "cutting off" on an LHD game sounds like you forgot to install the LHD Plugins for the NAM and HSRP.  Without those Plugins, any Rail networks, and any intersections with Rail networks, will lack paths, rendering them impassable.  See here.

-Alex

solovinodelmal

Quote from: Tarkus on August 04, 2012, 04:16:15 PM
There's nothing you're missing--there's a RUL issue there from the looks of it.  You might try clicking around it to see if it reorients to the correct direction. 

Unfortunately, RUL code fixes like that beyond the scope of what we can fix with a forum attachment.  The ERHW-over-GHSR code is being completely revamped for the next NAM release, however, so it is being fixed for then.

-Alex

Ok Alex, thanks for your answer, I'll wait then, meanwhile I thought of using onewayroad over GHSR puzzle piece, will that work?

One last question, off-topic I'm afraid, I've read your comments on the doubledecker RHW-4 not working because of being a rail-based network with car paths or something like that, I'm bulding a major motorway with one of those across the whole city, are you guys planning on fixing this issue on the next release or you recommend I better use another network?

jdenm8

At the moment, I would recommend not building it with DDRHW-4. While we will be fixing the issue in the next build, it will not be possible to update an existing stretch without complete reconstruction.

As a temporary solution, you can use ERHW-2 to occupy the route.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: solovinodelmal on August 05, 2012, 05:25:39 PM
I'll wait then, meanwhile I thought of using onewayroad over GHSR puzzle piece, will that work?

Yes, that should work in the interim.  The car paths between the ERHW-4 and the Elevated One-Way Road are aligned.

-Alex

FaB96

Quote from: Tarkus on August 05, 2012, 12:41:33 AM
Actually, "cutting off" on an LHD game sounds like you forgot to install the LHD Plugins for the NAM and HSRP.  Without those Plugins, any Rail networks, and any intersections with Rail networks, will lack paths, rendering them impassable.  See here.

-Alex
My version is the Right Hand Drive one.