• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Old Hat has another one: Menus (aargh!)

Started by HandsOn, April 25, 2008, 07:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

I've asked this before, and some good fellows cave me some tips and hints, but I am still somewhat stuck: How to ensure that groups of icons remain together within a given menu, in particular the park & misc. transport. Just changing the item order in the reader to a low number does not work because everybody seems to be doing it. NAM made some good changes byputting vital stuff atop, but other mods thill override this somehow: so the Japanese sunken highway walls (lots of them) precede the subway tool; bus stops all over the place; the odd MML strewn into it, and since recently even a few park items crop up here. And the parks menu is an absolute shambles: it takes oodles of time to find anything (and no scrolling, oh no - keep that mouse button pressed until its red hot). Surely there must be something I can do???  &cry2

And another one: whne zoning between two types of road network, say: street and road, or road and highway, SC4 always defaults to the higher level network. Pressing ALT/CTRL does not help. Is there a way to avoid demolishing the higher network just to zone pointing to the lower road/street?

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook