• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lilith's BAT projects

Started by Lilith, November 13, 2010, 04:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilith

Hello everyone.

First of all I apologize for my English is not my native language.

Perhaps few people remember me, I did make BATs years ago and I decided to continue to do so to spend my free time in the gray days of winter ... eheheheh

I started making houses when I realized that I would serve the details (props) that I could not find the way I wanted, so I decided first to create a series of packages for my own use and for those who want them.

The news is that I discovered the wonders of Max (I worked with BAT in the past) and the ability to make props for the excellent quality with HD (thanks Simfox).

Everything you see is being tested, nothing is final. Suggestions are welcome.

I hope my work can be appreciated.

These are entrance (or back) that make a heavy bat, so I decided to build them as props. They have custom LODs to interact with other props.

I have more of 30 projects for props, but still do not know how many will become. Most are designed for private gardens, smaller, and larger for other uses.

I also have some problem that still did not understand why, especially when they are in HD. Maybe because they're small?

BarbyW

Welcome back, Lilith. I like what you have done so far.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Tomas Neto

It's always fantastic see your works, my friend!!! Really awesome BATs!!!   &apls &apls

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Lilith

Many thanks to all.

Progress...

Nightling

As usual for me, not in the first time. But what has to be lifted?

mightygoose

these would look delicious in HD, great work none the less
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Andreas

Quote from: mightygoose on November 23, 2010, 03:11:21 PM
these would look delicious in HD, great work none the less

But those are in HD already...  :-\

@Lilith: Lovely work indeed! :) As for the "stripes" problem, you usually have to lift the flat props a bit in the Lot Editor to make them disappear. I think I also read once that it can be fixed by editing the LODs in gmax a bit and avoid a completely flat prop. Maybe someone else can remember where to find the relevant information about such props.
Andreas

Lilith

Thanks, guys.

mightygoose, said Andreas, are already in HD. Except, of course, Sims and lamps, which are there for testing. Today cannot longer make props standart, for obvious loss of quality.

I raised all in Max, including LODs, I think 10cm. But maybe I should lift more than the floor that is up to 6cm. But the round part is raised but did not give the same problem. Do not want to have to lift it in LE.

Do you think that will work well? Texture and lighting? The fountain is not part of them there is a space where to put another prop, flowers, statue, tree, etc..

Coming corner, junction and cross.

io_bg

These look awesome. I'd love to build parks in my cities consisting of these pathways :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Lilith

I also love the parks and nature ... eheheheh

Well, I solved (almost) all problems. Some small defect in conjunctions, but I do not think can be perfect. I also made two types of corner and added some benchs.

I added a lamp post because I have not found in HD and I need. Now I'll make a small bridge, ducks, swans, flamingos and aquatic plants for a pond, to complete it all.

At this point I decided to make a 1x1 build version to make lots to park list.I leave these as props, but some exceed the limit of 1x1 so they may be used only in slightly
larger lot.

io_bg

Fantastic :thumbsup: The only thing I dislike about these is the lamp post in the middle pf the path $%Grinno$% (to the right of that "roundabout")
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Lilith

Quote from: io_bg on December 12, 2010, 09:20:35 AM
Fantastic :thumbsup: The only thing I dislike about these is the lamp post in the middle pf the path $%Grinno$% (to the right of that "roundabout")

Oh, but the lamp post is separated ... is there just to nightling and LODs test. Can they move the way you want.

cubby420

These are beautiful Lilith. Excellent work  :thumbsup:

travismking

absolutely beautiful, cant wait for these to be released :)

Lilith

Thanks, Guys.

Making a pond, suggestions?

Lilith

Thank you, Buzzit...

Does anyone know if I can change night scene after render? Remove the animals so that they appear only during the day, maybe move them? I could work the lights without "disturb" their sleep.... :D :D

zero7

Hi Lilith - You are OK to move things between the day and night renders as long as anything you change is within the LOD.

The pond is looking good - I especially like the way you've added various birds.  The water could do with a little work though - it looks a bit solid and painted on at the moment - like it's a flat texture and not a water material.
Call me Richard

Lilith

Quote from: zero7 on December 14, 2010, 11:19:03 PM
Hi Lilith - You are OK to move things between the day and night renders as long as anything you change is within the LOD.

The pond is looking good - I especially like the way you've added various birds.  The water could do with a little work though - it looks a bit solid and painted on at the moment - like it's a flat texture and not a water material.

Thanks for the information, move they yes, but I can remove?

You're right, in fact while looking for a better texture on google I got a virus that made me spend an hour of extreme panic because I had not saved the works of the last two weeks, that is, most of all.

Luckily he has not locked up my system, so I was able, in a hurry among the various windows that opened all the time, to save all and clean the PC.

Ok, back to the water texture which in fact is not optimal. I made some examples and see what you like best, my friends.

Choose one, or nothing, please. Or if anyone has any to give me ... ;)