• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lilith's BAT projects

Started by Lilith, November 13, 2010, 04:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowkee33

I prefer the first texture, although maybe it has too much reflection.  When I think of ponds like these I think of bird refuse and pond scum, but maybe that's just me.

As far as the with birds/no birds:  Totally possible.  You just need to export two models, one with birds and the other without.  The timing would be done in the Prop Exemplar.

zero7

Hi Lilith

Within the LOD you can do whatever you want, so yes you can remove the birds at night.

For me water 3 looks most like water for a pond the size of yours.  1 looks more like lake water and 4 like sea.  5 looks like it's only really OK for a sunset picture.
Call me Richard

WillG_75

I like #3's texture with #4's color.

Lilith

Quote from: Lowkee33 on December 15, 2010, 06:19:35 AM
I prefer the first texture, although maybe it has too much reflection.  When I think of ponds like these I think of bird refuse and pond scum, but maybe that's just me.

As far as the with birds/no birds:  Totally possible.  You just need to export two models, one with birds and the other without.  The timing would be done in the Prop Exemplar.

You know, it's a little pond "urban", my parks are always very clean ... maybe in the country are more "neglected" ... :D :D

I have not done the course of MODding, then manipulating advanced properties is still not possible for me... ;D

Quote from: zero7 on December 15, 2010, 09:20:06 AM
Hi Lilith

Within the LOD you can do whatever you want, so yes you can remove the birds at night.

For me water 3 looks most like water for a pond the size of yours.  1 looks more like lake water and 4 like sea.  5 looks like it's only really OK for a sunset picture.

Thanks again.

Yesterday I discovered that you are rp2005 (and clones), I love many of your works.

Quote from: WillG_75 on December 16, 2010, 08:11:13 AM
I like #3's texture with #4's color.

thanks for participating.

Today I worked the bridge, I think it came a nice job, I find it quite "elegant ".

Perhaps it is better to see the texture better when there will be everywhere, animals, rocks and plants. If I succeed, I would like to manipulate the image to see if I can establish the wakes left by the passage of animals on the water.

Lilith

Ok, I run out of RAM to render this.

I reached the limit with the lotus flowers, now the amount of geometry is exaggerated.

Maybe I'll have to separate some things if it will be too heavy, I'll see ...

I hope that the result is pleasing.

Suggestions?

vester

Like textures no 3. Could use a little more waves in it.

If you are using MAX you can add some noice.
Have a look at SG_CAL Remastered Canal 3ds Max 9 Model file
or have a look at this post in CAL's BAT Cave

Lowkee33

QuoteI reached the limit with the lotus flowers, now the amount of geometry is exaggerated.

Do you mean the flowers themselves, or the pads as well?  I notice you have used the same pattern of pads in most places, especially the four that are the same.  Perhaps if you took some of the pads out of each one it would look more random, and also help your render issue as well (although maybe make it worse?  I am not skilled in Batting).

Lilith

Quote from: vester on December 20, 2010, 02:56:28 PM
Like textures no 3. Could use a little more waves in it.

If you are using MAX you can add some noice.
Have a look at SG_CAL Remastered Canal 3ds Max 9 Model file
or have a look at this post in CAL's BAT Cave

Oh, this is a real help, the look is fabulous. You made me be a better idea, I will make addons to the BSC's canals...

Quote from: Lowkee33 on December 20, 2010, 04:59:26 PM
Do you mean the flowers themselves, or the pads as well?  I notice you have used the same pattern of pads in most places, especially the four that are the same.  Perhaps if you took some of the pads out of each one it would look more random, and also help your render issue as well (although maybe make it worse?  I am not skilled in Batting).

Thanks, but I could not translate "pad ". What is it? I removed the flowers of the lotus, both are so small that you can hardly see and I do not miss it.

Guys, thanks. In fact I still learn a lot, because I am only able to BATting, but texture, sounds, modding and advanced properties I know very little. But I want to learn or "specialize" in just Batting.

In the meantime, I created another piece to the walls.

Girafe

Really good job Isabella  :)

This set of parks aisles looks very nice  &apls

Concerning the bat, you have strange things with garden lamps (they are in SD and the lighting is quite special, you need maybe a volumetric lighting and did you try the glare option under 3DSmax, it could be nice in some situations  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Lilith

Quote from: Girafe on December 21, 2010, 06:04:28 AM
Really good job Isabella  :)

This set of parks aisles looks very nice  &apls

Concerning the bat, you have strange things with garden lamps (they are in SD and the lighting is quite special, you need maybe a volumetric lighting and did you try the glare option under 3DSmax, it could be nice in some situations  ;)

Thanks.

The garden lamps is only a test version, not final. I'm not good with the lights, I have yet to see this.

I stepped forward with links by Vester (thank you again).

The texture of the canals of SG is fantastic and I have learned to add reflections I was really excited and happy. Unfortunately, I still find it very "plain", I tried to add waves with Max Bump but I have not found a good result.

It is not easy to find all these effects and the correct setting ... but I'll get.

Lowkee33

QuoteThanks, but I could not translate "pad ". What is it?

Sorry, the leaves.  The not-flowers :)

vester

Quote from: Lilith on December 21, 2010, 02:49:01 AM
Oh, this is a real help, the look is fabulous. You made me be a better idea, I will make addons to the BSC's canals...
On a side note, there is a NAM plug-in that makes the canals into a traffic network: CAN-AM

Girafe

I tested this with cal's canal texture, which he nicely attached to one of his comment about his work.
At first try it was a little bit too green at my taste for kind of bassin but when I switch on the option sky of last bat4max I get this maybe you are interested in ? in this case I send you  ::)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Lilith

Quote from: Girafe on December 21, 2010, 09:00:53 AM
I tested this with cal' canal texture, which he nicely attached to one of this comment about his work.
At first try it was a little bit too green at my taste for kind of bassin but when I switch on the option sky of last bat4max I get this maybe you are interested in ? in this case I send you  ::)

This is exactly what I need!

Thank you Girafe....

callagrafx

Stopped BATing ages ago but my stuff is still helping people... gotta love this community  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Girafe

Quote from: callagrafx on December 21, 2010, 01:51:51 PM
Stopped BATing ages ago but my stuff is still helping people... gotta love this community  :thumbsup:

above all thanks for sharing callagrafx, moreover people don't like to broadcast .mat don't know why, it is so helpful for people who are not good with complex materials  :thumbsup:

I send you Isabella, hope you have already a recent 3dsmax.
The Floraler

Lilith

Quote from: Lowkee33 on December 21, 2010, 08:18:56 AM
Sorry, the leaves.  The not-flowers :)

Now I understand ... ;D

No, there are no leaves. They are the petals are too much, but I removed all the flowers.

Quote from: vester on December 21, 2010, 08:21:09 AM
On a side note, there is a NAM plug-in that makes the canals into a traffic network: CAN-AM

I had forgotten for a moment, but there are other things I can do. Perhaps an integration with the plopable's water by Jeronij.

Quote from: callagrafx on December 21, 2010, 01:51:51 PM

Some good ideas are eternal... ;)

QuoteI send you Isabella, hope you have already a recent 3dsmax.

Yes, thank you very much.

Now, I have a little problem with the PC. Despite having cleared the virus, some little strange things happen.

Unfortunately, because of Christmas, the technician is not available for the next few days.

I would say that I need to format ...

I will go with some minor works, doing back up constantly.

Tomas Neto

I'm impressed with your works!!! Fantastic again!!!   &apls &apls

peter007

Very nice parks. I hope I can download it some time  &apls

Badsim

Hi Isabella , :)

Having had a first look at your work , I thought immediately about the lack of feminine sensibility & touch in the SC4 world , « A bit of tenderness in a world of brutes »  :D

I like very much the pond with ducks & swans . I don't remember to have already seen something like that ...  ... that said , here's my little suggestion to make this pond looking less symmetric , less overloaded , more natural ( I.M.O.) : ::)

Cal's water texture  would be perfect  with a more green-brown shade . A small fountain prop (effect) would fit nicely on the rocks .

That's also bringing me in mind how it would be great to have ducks & swans as separate props even if they should surely have to be overscaled ... $%#Ninj2

Interesting to follow your trials & progresses , nevertheless . Great work !  :thumbsup:

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °