• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simcoug

Nice!  Great R$ textures too.  The peeling green painted on the brick is spot on.  It's such a strange building too... it's like they added the two wings on the back as an afterthought and didn't bother checking their measurements.  I get a kick out of the little row of windows peaking out from those odd corners.  :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

WOW!
...those are really good and beautiful. As a matter of fact, all of them!

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

vester

... and he keeps going. Great work. &apls

I stumble over this station one day, I thought of you
Qualicum Beach Station (BC):

Though I might be something for you to do.

Couchpotato

Beautiful houses... almost enough to make me try and play SC4 again.    Nice to see you're still Batting. 

mattb325

Great choice of building.

It really does have that feel of a slum landlord adding as much floor space to a building as possible...I can just imagine the conversation with the city planners - "what do you mean every room has to have a window?"   ???

c.p.

Thanks Simcoug, mrbisonm, vester, Couchpotato and mattb325 ;D

Couchpotato: A great surprise to see you here  :thumbsup: (Between you and Fred (mrbisonm), that's 2 people from the old freeland days :D )

Quote from: mattb325 on June 11, 2017, 02:09:59 PM
It really does have that feel of a slum landlord adding as much floor space to a building as possible...
Good point, and something I ought to take into consideration more often when I'm designing some of the larger buildings.

So here are some more fictional apartment buildings for the Manchester set.  Like the Fletcher Apartments a couple pages back, these have both low wealth and medium wealth versions (in addition to abandoned versions).  Also like the Fletcher Apartments, 192 Belknap Ave is modelled in 2 sections that can slide up or down independently as needed to conform to the slope.

190 Belknap Avenue (R$$):

190 Belknap Avenue FA-2 (R$):

192 Belknap Avenue (R$$):

192 Belknap Avenue (R$):

romualdillo

As always, learning from you master!  &apls

Simcoug

More wonderful additions.  The texture differences between the R$ and R$$ are subtle, but readily apparent.  I think Maxis went overboard trying to differentiate the wealth levels (it's a game, so I understand what they were trying to do) but I think your variations are closer to RL (and look great too).  I wonder what types of tricks and tips you could share regarding your texturing - I know I'd be curious to get some insight  :)

metarvo

It's good to see some medium density housing, particularly FA-2 which is an untapped resource.  Oh, and the slope technique for 192 Belknap Ave. is genius!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

reddonquixote

Quote from: Simcoug on June 19, 2017, 07:26:11 AM
The texture differences between the R$ and R$$ are subtle, but readily apparent.  I think Maxis went overboard trying to differentiate the wealth levels

Agreed, I was thinking the exact same thing. Demonstrates you can still have R$ without sections of your city looking completely dilapidated and grotty :D (and conversely, R$$$ looking overly pristine)

Beautiful work as always  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Silur

It is always amazing things. Excellent and no more words. Bravo!!!  &apls &apls &apls

mattb325

They are beautiful. Finally there'll be some additional subtlety to the R$ areas in game  :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

These additions for the Manchester set are just perfect, I personnally love this architecture of North-America. Although I was born in Germany, the models feel like home. Great work and I will surely use them the next time I 'll play Thanks cp!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

fantozzi

Browsing the last 3 pages of this thread I did see so much beauty ... it almost made me cry. Only a titan or a genius can do such a work. It's like sc4 was kissed by the spirit of Michelangelo. Like Bernini went batting. Like Vasari created custom content. Like ...

... I better stop. You must think I'm mad.

Just go ahead. Don't worry a thing

&apls &apls &apls &apls  &apls &apls &apls &apls&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Baltimore

Those models look so cool . I always like seeing your WIP .
AKA raynev1 @Simtropolis
See what I'm into when I'm not playing Simcity4
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq2BmSZmH0YW7U6TithLBsQ

gn_leugim

C.p. just one word: ...

forget it, one word is not enough :D fantasticaly well done so far!  &apls &apls &apls

evarburg

Have those wonderful sets been published ?

Silur

evarburg

AAAAAAAAARGH !!!

Will they ? Does anyone know ? Is C.P. around somewhere in the vicinity, or is he gone AWOL ? (statistically assuming it's a He :))