• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Wow!! You're not running out of ideas, are you? These look fantastic!

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

You weren't kidding about making building models like a madman lately :D  Excellent work on all these  &apls  All the different angles will make for some really neat possibilities.

gn_leugim

do I smell burning? I guess it's your hands and mouse :o  :thumbsup: &apls

Simcoug

More amazing models... will it ever end?  (I hope not!)

And more CS$$ buildings too! 

If you are still in the mood to add to the commercial stash, might I suggest a few 'corner' models?  I always find corner shops hard to come by in SC4.  Here are a few examples I found after a quick google search (trying to say within the Greek Revival style).
http://forgotten-ny.com/wp-content/gallery/rose_street_5/12-st_-james_-school.jpg
http://beaufortcountynow.com/uploads/travel_images/shenandoah_valley/augusta_county_121910_2_58_pm_staunton_630_pxlw.jpg
http://www.preserveindiana.com/images/evansville/am_trust.jpg
http://www.unitedcountry.com/picturesx/12046-31220-2971125.JPG
http://www.thepiedmontonline.com/images/userfiles/images/DowntownFBURG.jpg

Also, what about some W2W commercial buildings?

You may have better examples, but I thought I would throw a few out there.   :)

MTT9

Amazing work! Hope to see many more :)
You can call me Matt

c.p.

Thanks Willy, Noah, gn_leugim, Simcoug and Matt  :)

Simcoug: thanks for the examples.  I'll probably add some corner commercials eventually, as well as some W2W.

It occurred to me that there might be a need for a small high school from this era (mid-1800's).  So here is a small high school, loosely based on Montana's first "graded school", Helena Central School, which was built in the Italianate style sometime before 1875.
Since this is a ploppable civic building, it won't be a part of the RCI set, which means I can probably release this before Christmas.  :)

I made a wood version and a brick version.  My idea is that the wood version will be on a large lot and will have a large coverage radius, so it will be more suitable for rural areas.  The brick one will be on a small lot and will have a much smaller coverage area, so it will be more suitable as a neighborhood urban high school.

I also made abandoned versions of each model, but I'm not sure if schools abandon in-game (for example during a strike?)

For now the wooden one is blue (to differentiate it from the brick), but I can change the color to something else if there is some kind of consensus for another color.

By the way, I just noticed the "Green Thumb" thingy on the left.  I don't know who's responsible for that, but I really love it.  So, if that person is reading this, thank you! :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

Perfect! Schools don't abandon, but the building could be relotted to R or C with a bit of imagination.

Cheers
Willy

Simcoug

Quote from: c.p. on December 03, 2013, 10:48:04 PM
Simcoug: thanks for the examples.  I'll probably add some corner commercials eventually, as well as some W2W.
I'm excited - I can't wait to see what you come up with. 

QuoteSince this is a ploppable civic building, it won't be a part of the RCI set, which means I can probably release this before Christmas.
Excellent!  You can be sure this will find a spot in my towns.  Thanks for all your hard work on these!

EDIT:  I just thought of this - would you consider including a diagonal Model of the school as well?  I'm pretty sure all every school I've seen so far is ortho. (lets not kid ourselves, there are very few diagonal buildings in general...  ()sad() )

mrbisonm

Amazing...... simply amazing, the abandonned school looks fantastic. Love it!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

jaredh

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 04, 2013, 03:34:41 AM
Perfect! Schools don't abandon, but the building could be relotted to R or C with a bit of imagination.

Cheers
Willy

Schools in-game may not abandon...but there is one that looks almost like this right by the DART station in downtown Dallas.  It's the biggest eyesore in town, but the city won't do anything about it.

I suspect people might find uses for such a thing in there in-game run-down cities....

vester

That is a big, great looking collects you have done.  :thumbsup:

Congrats on your CML. 

Jack_wilds

enjoy your work with such wonder, the nostalgia, the feel of it all, the look and color palette... its all good   :thumbsup: ... and I do like the blue school as it would standout on the plains and prairies...  &apls

whatevermind

Excellent work on these! Love the new buildings  ;D

MTT9

These will be great additions to the game !
You can call me Matt

Gugu3

Amazing buildings c.p.!!! &apls
Lots of new additions to the game :thumbsup:
Cheers
Guglielmo

c.p.

Thanks Willy, Simcoug, Fred, jaredh, Arne, Jack_wilds, whatevermind, Matt and Guglielmo :)

Willy: yep I confirmed that.  Even if you cut power to them, they don't abandon.  But the building props will be modded to abandon anyway.

Simcoug: Diagonal, no.  FAR-2, yes.  (It isn't a good size for diagonal).

Jack_wilds: Well that's one vote for blue and none for changing it to another color.  :D After seeing it in-game, I'd have to say I'm pretty satisfied with the blue.

So it occured to me that this building would work as a tropical tiled-roof building.  Finally, I was able to use some of the tropical flora from my mega prop pack no. 2.  (The palm trees shown will grow over time to become very tall.)

Here is the wooden version of the high school.  It is on a 6x6 lot.  I used used a bunch of Girafe Ashes and Chestnuts on this one.

Here is the brick version, on a 2x3 lot.  It will probably work better in a more urban setting than what I'm showing here.

While I was testing, I took a look around to see what my neighborhoods looked like abandoned.  Here are a few shots:

RepublicMaster

Great work! It looks very rustic! I like the abandoned homes idea, too. :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

The abandoned buildings are just plein fantastic or funtastic......We see so many irl these days that it has become a part of our landscape. I also love the idea of it.

Make them growable, low wealth and put some squatters in them and voila....we got ourselves a new consept. !
Great work and great idea.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

vortext

Wow!  :o

Outstanding models all around and the different orientations makes it even better!  &apls &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Girafe

Many beautifuls models here, congrats on your CML too  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *