• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bap

Quote from: c.p. on December 05, 2013, 12:06:19 PM
So it occured to me that this building would work as a tropical tiled-roof building.  Finally, I was able to use some of the tropical flora from my mega prop pack no. 2.  (The palm trees shown will grow over time to become very tall.)

Hi there C.P., I am already a huge fan of all your creations. But if you find room to make more tropical tiled-roof versions of your XIX centuries buildings (like the above one) it would be even GREATER  &hlp for us trying to build tropical cities.

c.p.

Thanks Will, Fred, vortext, Antoine, and bap :)

mrbisonm: yeah, we need a very low wealth category :D

Girafe: Hmm, the  ;) makes me think you were somehow involved (if so, thanks :thumbsup: )

bap: I plan on doing that for the Italianate buildings with low-pitched roofs.

So I uploaded the St. Helena High School to the LEX :)
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3079

I couldn't figure out the dependency tracker thing on the LEX (the link takes you nowhere).  After spending hours and hours and hours and hours with testing and readmes and icons and installers etc, etc, etc, I'm way beyond the end of my patience for that sort of thing, so you'll have to refer to the readme if you need the links.  But the dependencies are pretty standard, so most people probably already have them anyway.

Simcoug

Awesome, thank you so much for sharing this great building.  I can't wait for the rest of the goodies you have been working on.   :thumbsup:

c.p.

Thanks Simcoug :)

So I haven't made as much progress on this project as I would have liked this winter, as I had a lot of unexpected RL stuff to contend with. :(

But I'm back to working on it.  Here are a few stage 6 R$ W2W residential buildings:

Simcoug

Wonderful!  Corner buildings and diagonal transitions are in such short supply - these will be highly anticipated by the community!  Were you planning on releasing everything at once, or breaking things down into smaller packs? 

I hate when RL gets in the way of play, but I'm glad you had time to make some progress.  I'll be eagerly anticipating the next update  ;D

Jack_wilds

luv the new stuff... just hoping that RL gives you time and space to finish these promising projects    ;) ... and the issues with the STEX log-in is cleared up so I can DL them when its available... the work is developing nicely...   :thumbsup:

deora

Ah sweet,your new BAT`s are coming out great.Love the idea with the boarded up windows

c.p.

Thanks Simcoug!  It won't be released all at once, but in large chunks.  The R$ buildings/lots will will be one release, the R$$$ another, etc.  The W2W buildings will probably be separate packs from the detached buildings.  The industrials will probably be broken down into smaller packs.  One of my plans is to make lots with multiple buildings on them, which would be a pain for everyone if the buildings were all in different downloads.  This is why I'll be packing them together.
The biggest obstacle to getting any of these released is that I have to finish several texture and prop packs that are dependencies for the lots.  I have made some progress on one of the texture packs in the last few days.  I'm very determined to get these released, but it will take some time (it's a huge project).

Jack Wilds: Thanks, I'm hoping so too  :)

deora: Thank you  :)

So here are a few in-game shots with some of the R$$ duplexes and apartments:

A few apartment buildings (Bulkington, Constantine, Stubb):

The Acushnet:

The Crowsnest:

Baleen, Signori, Thoreau.  (The flat-roofed ones on the top are spa's):

Fairhaven:

And a row of W2W commercial (obviously needs more variety):

cmdp123789

OMG! I mean... I dont know how long is this going to take.. but to be honest I dont care as far as they come out good and full! By releasing this, you are basically opening a brand new way of city building... completely different and great! Cant wait to have those available!!

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Bipin

vortext

Fantastic work!  &apls

The diagonal corner BAT in particular is awesome, we need more of those!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

deora

Oh my god,those victorian styled houses are gorgeous.Love the color-combinations and of course those W2W Commercials on the last pic. &apls :thumbsup:
Does only the top row of W2W Houses belong to that series or are the ones on the other side of the street (in this pic facing backwards to us) also part of it?

threestooges

Lovely work as always. I think I've finally gotten a bit of inspiration for getting Greenacre going again. Thank you for that.
-Matt

whatevermind

Beautiful! Not that that's any surprise.  &apls

Simcoug

Quote from: c.p. on March 29, 2014, 09:11:01 AM
I'm very determined to get these released, but it will take some time (it's a huge project).

I know we're all pulling for you... and that last part is the understatement of the year  :D

The W2W commercials look excellent!  Since you were looking to add a bit more variety, what about adding some awnings to a few buildings... It might be a simple way to mix things up.  Some examples:

The residentials look spectacular - great work!

Swordmaster

Great work CP. Glad to see you're still at it!

Cheers
Willy

vester

c.p.

Thanks cmdp123789, Antoine, Bipin, vortex, deora, Matt, whatevermind, Simcoug, Willy, and Arne :)

deora: The two brick ones in the center are by gascooker, but the others are all part of the set.

Matt: Sounds great  :thumbsup:

Simcoug: Thanks, the awnings are a great idea.  I'll probably try that with some of the commercials.

So, I've been getting industrious lately.
Here's an IM industrial, Morgenkirk's Organ Works.

Ortho:

FAR-2:

bap

Excellent stuff!
Diagonal industrials will be an incredible add-on to the game  :thumbsup: